PDA

View Full Version : What makes me want to do it?

Ellaine
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey girls....and S.O's for that matter, I find your stories, little dramas and motivations so fascinating. I rate this site the friendliest I've come across.
Many times I have posted on forums, trying to anylise the feelings that bring me to crossdressing. Each time, I have relied on the word COMPULSION to get me off the hook.
I can't claim the medical justification, that Transexuals can point to. The term fetish is innapropriate since, for me my sexual mood is not the consious factor during the hours before deciding to "dress". It's more that I get a kind of nervous thing going on; I get a bit restless, fidgety, or even a little snappy. Does this sound like a "compulsion"? Of course, if I had gained full self-acceptance and embraced this crossdressing without guilt, then I would not be aware of further compulsion, once " dressing" beyond my need level.

It suddenly occured to me, that perhaps I was so "wrong" with myself, so unhappy with myself, and not being able to see or effect a change for the better; that I sought to be somebody else who was the antithesis in so many ways, of what I was like "normally". The characteristics that I couldn't control and wished to modify the most, could easily be summed up as stressed, testosterone, migraine pestered, not-enough-hours-in-the-day workaholic. The antithesis of which, as a mechasim for escaping the uncontrolled drive of my "normal" characteristics, easily transposes to a idealised feminine image and "feminine" pasivity. Indeed, it affords a natural outlet at the same time, for the "arty" aspects that had previously lacked expression. Attributes, such as a likeing for colourful, clothes, long hair, sensuous fabrics, and sweet smelling aromas, fit in so well with this idea of an alter-ego to hang them on.

So perhaps somewhere in my subconcious, I decided that only by adopting this opposite persona, could I hope to escape or negate the stressed out workaholic with little real sense of self-worth. As unhappy as I was in "normal" mode, I could be so relaxed and contentedly happy, or even silly, as my alter-ego. Like many of you, I'm "ten years younger and dancing" when I'm out of "his" shadow.
Just perhaps the compulsion arises from having once, tasted the bitter fruit, then, because that taste provided some small escape, some releasing of the pressure valve, that it would be recognisably essential to return to that state, and perhaps go further on that route, to achieve an escape of some duration.

It is common to hear of transvestites running "him" down, and refering to their femme alter-ego as the best part of them.
Non acceptance in general society, whether percieved or actual is just another cross to bear. The transvestite who daren't face the public, is in between the two prongs of attack. On the one hand, he cannot deal with being "him", and in escape mode he has to avoid attack from a completely naieve and unpredictably troublesome public.

My self-analasis is not aimed at transvestites or crossdressers, trannies, call us what you will. This is all very personal to me; but I'm sure some of my reasoning may strike chords with spouses (spice :) ) or S.O.'s. ;)
I welcome your comments, as I am not a psycologist, but have spent an aweful long time thinking about my compulsion. But when I have truly worked it out, I will not part with my lovely "precious things" :)

Hugs Ellaine

Phoebe Reece
08-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Ellaine,
Breathing is a compulsion too.
My own opinion is that too many crossdressers waste far too much time and energy trying to answer the "why" question. It's a kind of holy grail they are on a quest for. If you find the magic answer, what do you do with it? Are you going to try to do something about the cause to try and eliminate this from your life? Are you going to try and prevent crossdressing tendancies from developing in others? Do you really need to justify who you are as a person?
It's far more productive to accept this as a part of your psyche and seek ways to integrate your crossdressing into your own personal situation.

Priscilla1018
08-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Very well said Phoebe.The why is'nt important.It is'nt going to change me by knowing why.I am what I am and I accept that,my Psychiatrist accepts it and my wife accepts it.What more do I need?

Holly
08-25-2005, 08:29 PM
as there is no right or wrong answer! Some may try to gain an understanding of the "why" behind their crossdressing, as Phoebe suggests, in an effort to rid themselves and society of the "demon within." Others seek out the answer in order to enhance and highlight their experience. And still others are fully satisfied with the one word answer, "because."

Myself, I fall into the enhance and highlight catagory. The more I come to understand this drive from within, the more at peace I become with myself. The more I understand the "girl inside" the better I can nurture her. Just my 0.02 .

ChristineRenee
08-25-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree with Holly. As important as it was to understand all of this...it has been far more important...and emotionally satisfying to me I might add...to embrace the woman within me. It has given me a peace and contentment in my life that I had not previously known before. :)

emmicd
08-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Ellaine,

Very interesting view and surely a real honest and personal accounting of your own feelings and experiences regarding crossdressing.

I find that many crossdressers on this forum seem very bright and very eloquent in how they express themselves. They seem to have great expository skills and seem to draw from within. They seem to have a real connect with their feminine side and seem very committed to sharing and opening up to others with similar feelings and interests.

Wish you good luck in your dressing and in life's persuits.

Emmi

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-26-2005, 01:14 AM
There's no right or wrong in the question of self-knowledge.

I agree some folks can obsess on the why. Sometimes it can be a distraction, a search for a holy grail, that keeps them (perhaps intentionally?) from figuring out to live with it. For others, understanding their motivations helps bring acceptance. Myself, I've accepted my CDing, but I'm still intrigued by the reasons why I do it. Then again, my parents nicknamed me "Curious George" as a kid because of my curiousity.

Ellaine, what you're describing isn't unusual. I was a social misfit around 10-12 when I started dressing, and I'm convinced that's one of the reasons I started. It was a chance to be someone else, someone who was attractive, sexy and desirable, etc. Likewise, a lot of CDs do so in part to let loose their more expressive sides. Unfortunately, sometimes people end up attributing all their negative attributes to their masculine side and idealizing their feminine side, which to me isn't that healthy.

For me, it's useful to think in terms of integrating the best of both sides. For example, take those dressing skills and apply them to your guy wardrobe. And after, you're only drab if you allow yourself to be.

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 02:03 AM
Ellaine I must speak to my agent first before I can reply, stay right there K?

parris james
08-26-2005, 03:56 AM
If I were to think about it (which I don't) I would say its the same as why I love to ride horses, its just plain fun :D

Trist your agent called, he got swept away in the hurricane :lol: :lol: :lol:

mand
08-26-2005, 03:57 AM
Hello Ellaine :) What makes you want to do it?...............I have no idea?

I know why I do it, simply right mind, wrong body. I was always asking why?, where? what?............but the truth is I always knew the answer ;)
I just just wasted too many years accepting what was so obvious.

Anyway love nice to see you posting and I toatlly agree with ........................."I rate this site the friendliest I've come across".
I had to leave the "other place", I was getting to much hassel of a certain few :(

I enjoyed reading you're post Ellaine..................Thankyou.

love mand xxx :)

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Trist your agent called, he got swept away in the hurricane :lol:
Kewl I ain't paying him! :D :thumbsup:

parris james
08-26-2005, 04:23 AM
Not even with a chain saw

mand
08-26-2005, 05:03 AM
Parris, ......forget the chainsaw, it's the other chains to be worried about, I said something once and look what she did to me :(

I know Tristen love it's an old photo but Parris should be aware of you :lol:

sorry Ellaine just a little hi jacking.............I'll go quietly :)

Ellaine
08-26-2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the positive input girls. Don't worry , it's not a "Why?" obsession. These little self examinations are occasional and quite accademic. I do accept myself,...it's the others lol

I was not the little boy who wanted to wear adorable dresses. Nor the curious youth, raiding my Mothers or Sisters underwear. So I "fail" that standard stereotype. It is a natural thing to ask, and yes it can be a fruitless excercise. However, I feel I have gone a long way to finding my answer, and in so doing may give a few hints to SO's, who find it all so inexplicable.

I will just add in total agreement with all you "know alls " ;) lol that whatever the why, if you can just get on with it and get out and about with friends, then do so. My greatest sin, has been to waste years when I was much younger and prettier, and could have knocked 'em dead!!
Everyone knows, pretty girls are much more acceptable, even if they're boys!!

Ellainexx

ps ..lovely to see you about Mand xx You're not suposed to enjoy the chains dammit!!! ;)
But I do know that sparkle in your eye .hehehe

mand
08-26-2005, 07:16 AM
My greatest sin, has been to waste years when I was much younger and prettier, and could have knocked 'em dead!!
Everyone knows, pretty girls are much more acceptable, even if they're boys!!

Ellainexx

ps ..lovely to see you about Mand xx You're not suposed to enjoy the chains dammit!!!
But I do know that sparkle in your eye .hehehe

Ellaine :)

The same here love, when I see some of the young girls on here I just think to myself "why didn't I just accept the fact when I was that age", I really should have just dropped the act of trying to live up to what was expected of me.
I know that feeling very well.

Oh, there's a lot of mischief in here Ellaine, but it's kinda repressed for appearences sakes (So I'm still having to do a little act for others :( ) .........for now anyway ;)

Lisa Golightly
08-26-2005, 07:32 AM
The flip side for we 'early adaptors' of course is that like most women we get obsessed with shoring up the decline more than most. Anti wrinkle this, anti-sag that... and all the while you look in the mirror and think 'Bugger, I'm beginning to look like a bloke!'... My biggest regret is that all my photographs when I was young were really bad quality. Now I'm in the ebbing summer of my ok'ish looks I know it's all downhill and hairy from now on.... booo!!! :(

mchelle
08-26-2005, 08:38 AM
i was just saying i dont know why i crossdress the other day. cant figure it. just get the urge and have for awhile. i remember borrowing panties at home, then in college. i just remember as a kid using a towel pretending it was a skirt. ive been thinking about going to talk to someone about it. for me its a sexual thing. i have hidden it from so's. i did get to spend a few min w some girls while i had on a skirt (was in lapdance room of strip club) and they had no problem, in fact they all wanted to see as they walked past. some said they would shop w me. we will see. it felt good to be able to do that. not just get the dance but to have on a skirt n thong n bra and one of the girls put makeup on me. but i dont know what to do about it......

Tara Beth
08-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I began as a 12yo kid sneaking my mother's undies and occasionally makeup while home alone. Forgot about it for years, but got back into panties during college. Now I've got quite a collection. At first, it was more of a sexual thing, but it's decreased over time, and now on the eve of finally moving out fully on my own and exploring this part of my personality, I'm not thinking that way as much. To mirror Ellaine's comments, I get this sensation in my chest; a nervous, jumpy, excitement. I feel elated, agitated, and scared to death all at the same time. I have to calm down a bit to go to sleep and I've had a loss of appetite. I ask "why" a lot. Perhaps as I go along I'll find out, but right now it seems more trouble than it's worth! :rolleyes:

Tell me some of you know what I'm talking about!!