PDA

View Full Version : Would you go full on CD if...

Pythos
07-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Okay people, here is one I have not seen yet.

If if wasn't for the purely sexist attitudes toward attire or appearance, would you do the full on non surgical transformation from one gender to the other?

I mean, would you bother with him forms, or breast forms, tucking, and gaffing, and such, if you could just as a male wear your hair how you wished, wear makeup, and of course wear skirts, blouses, hose, heels, and just basically have as much latitude in what you could wear for your life as women do these days?

I know that this is true with me. Some men have good builds for such clothing. Of course it doesn't fit a guy like it does a woman, but that is because of the fact we are men.

I feel the reason for most, certainly not all, people choosing the CD path, is because of the social restraints placed upon men.

I do not wear my stuff for the taboo factor. I wear it for the most part for me, and for open minded women with an eye for such a thing.

Rianna Humble
07-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I am already doing the full-on transformation from my body gender to my true gender. In my case, sexist attitudes have nothing to do with why I needed to cross-dress to my true gender before I began my transition but YMMV.

I feel sure that there are some for whom the ability to dress how they feel and style their hair how they feel would be sufficient, and there is nothing wrong with that in any way shape or form.

Unfortunately, in my case, it is about becoming myself for the first time in my life.

docrobbysherry
07-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Did u mean, "Would we go to the TROUBLE of dressing completely ever time we dress, if dressing ANY WAY we like was OK to appear that way in public?"

Or simply, " Would we dress EVERY DAY if it was OK in public?"

Since it takes me 2 hours to dress completely, ( which is how I dress now), and I can only stand a tite laced corset for about 2 hours, "No"!

If it was acceptable to dress any way I liked in public, MOST of the time, I would just wear a comfy outfit, heels, wig, and a bra and forms, or maybe an all-in-one!:)

But, I'm sure MANY days I wouldn't bother putting on ANYTHING fem!

Jason+
07-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I am as full on transformed as I get, which for me already doesn't include forms, tucking, gaffes (although if I were to start having more of an "unsightly bulge" problem out of decency I would have to address it), wigs or more makeup than lipstick and polish. I don't think that even if all the restrictions whether real or the ones in my head were to drop away that I would want to spend every day in the dress, heels, hose that I love so much.

I already have the absolute latitude to dress on a given day as little or as much I ever get. I can walk out the front door dressed as I please as soon as I am ready to accept what may come of it. Having recently retired from the military I hope to find that I have less worry about losing my job over it should I decide to go out, but Normal Oiler and Winn Dixie proved that you can be terminated for it even if you don't do it on company time. Thankfully for him another company picked him up with their eyes already open to it.

Rachel Morley
07-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Is this about "total clothing rights?" .... the idea that a man should be able to wear whatever clothing he wants to, without the social stigma that is attached to it, if they are clothes that happened to be designed for a woman?

If so, then I understand what you're saying. I feel this way when I'm in boy mode. I can't help it, but I just really, really like girls' clothes. They're much more interesting, more colorful, they're prettier, their styles are much more varied, the fabrics are different, almost everything about girls' clothes I like better than "icky" guy ones. Why can't I just wear what I want to wear without people staring at me and making me think I'm weird or something, just because I like to wear nice things. :sad:

In my case I do "try" to wear whatever I want to in public in boy mode, but I usually end up compromising and toning it down a little. I leave all my most feminine outfits for when I'm fully en femme. My boy mode tends to be bra and panties, with girls' tennis shoes, girls' jeans, fairly girly t-shirts, girls' cardigans and girls' hoodies and a baseball cap. I usually (but not always) wear some eyeliner and mascara too. If I couldn't dress this way in my boy mode, and I was somehow "forced to wear 100% guy clothes" you can be sure I'd be dressing fully en femme way, way more than I do now.

VeronicaStyles
07-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Would definatly do it, maybe even do an androgenius look when it's to hot for a wig!!!

Alberta_Pat
07-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Personally, if the wearing of "femminine attire" were fully accepted and embraced by society, I think that I would wear the clothing that was most appropriate to my mood and the tasks of the day.

Make up and hair, again would be mood dependant.

Some days, you just have to be a man, and others, you just have to be free.

kimdl93
07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I kinda started out at the point of "just wearing " womens underthings - but found myself gravitating towards skirts, dresses, heels, make up....and finally, I just wanted breasts in the worst way...so no, just the clothes wouldn't do it for me.

kayegirl
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Yes I would, no thats wrong I DO, with one exception and thats at work. In my line of work cding would not be acceptable (I work part time either driving a school bus, or in the funeral industry). But away from work, its femme clothing all of the time, sometime with full forms, makeup etc. often without any "enhancements".

Rianna Humble
07-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I work part time either driving a school bus, or in the funeral industry

Hope there's no relation between the two :eek:

NicoleScott
07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I interpreted the question to mean that if we could dress/make up to any extent anytime we wanted as males (not to pass necessarily) and not be judged, intimidated, made fun of, etc., would we? You know, like women can do now: we know they're female, but wear no makeup and dress in guy clothes.....and nobody gives it a second thought.
For me, no. When I dress up, even in private, I like to go as glamorous and over-the-top feminine as I can.

Kaz
07-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I may be off-topic and apologise if I am..

I am both unlucky enough (too long ago) and lucky enough to have experienced being a teenageer/early twenties being in bands and being able to wear platform shoes and boots, have my hair any way it would go. When I was 20 my then girlfriend took me to a shoe shop and "made" me get some girl's boots (heels and up up to the knee) for on stage (no persuasion involved)!

I wore satin jackets, accessories, etc... it was a good time. men and women were wearing the same sorts of clothes and it felt great.

This sadly was a fashion thing (not a world changing era) and that went, but I guess things may be turning again with youngsters. Sadly I am older, but I still play in bands, wear girls jeans and bangles on stage, sometimes make-up, etc..

The thing is I never transitioned... if it had continued to be more liberal, ironically I may have. When things clamped back down into gender stereotypes, it became (in my mind mind) more difficult. I loved the days when I could just do whatever make-up and clothes I wanted in male mode!

I feel different now... many times I wish I had had GRS early on. But things were different then.

So would a more liberal attitude to clothing stop the need to transition?

I suspect not.. in my far too short lifetime I think I have realised that there are people who want to dress feely and express whatever, and there are those who actively want to either dress/appear as, or be, female.

Sorry that the post was all over the place... this made me think a lot... many thanks! :hugs:

Sophia
07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
for me I don't think I will do it
even it is OK
may do some things but not full

carrie-ann
07-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm 247 now have been for 13 months now I love it. I go all over the country. I'm a truck driver. So I go to small little towns too. I have no male clothing at all. I donated all my male cloths to the VFW. Yes do I get that look some times yes. I just smile. I do watch who is around me. But I love it. No regrets at all. Thank goodness I have a wife that supports me 100%. I also attend and do make up fairs for dillards I love doing them. The attention they give you at them is wonderful. So get out and go out as much as you can if your situation allows it.

NatalieBliss
07-10-2010, 11:12 PM
If I woke up tomorrow and it was suddenly okay to partially dress in women's clothes for men then no I wouldn't do it. I would totally dress for my normal life from time to time though.

If that was the way the world had been my whole life then I would totally go out in mixed/androgynous looks.

lingerieLiz
07-10-2010, 11:52 PM
While we may think that women can wear men's clothes without a problem there is still a lot of prejudice for women who do. They are more accepted, but we all know female counterparts who are snickered at behind their backs
I wear panties and bra most every day and my tops hang from my breasts like a woman's. I live in an area where women wear shorts and tops most of the time so it is not hard to wear women's clothes. I own women's shirts and pants that I wear for dinner with friends etc. More than one woman has told me she saw that same top shopping and really liked it or did you get that at (women's store name). I don't look like a woman and while I do sometimes wear makeup, I seldom wear a wig. Rare is the time I wear a dress since almost no one does and it would be out of place. People know that I wear women's clothes and accept it. Sometimes my nightgown shows when I go to get my paper. Sometimes my bra shows through my top. While some may snicker behind my back, I don't worry about it. I'm a great neighbor and friend and if someone doesn't like it I don't hold a grudge because there are things that I don't like about people.

Sophie_C
07-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Okay people, here is one I have not seen yet.

If if wasn't for the purely sexist attitudes toward attire or appearance, would you do the full on non surgical transformation from one gender to the other?

I mean, would you bother with him forms, or breast forms, tucking, and gaffing, and such, if you could just as a male wear your hair how you wished, wear makeup, and of course wear skirts, blouses, hose, heels, and just basically have as much latitude in what you could wear for your life as women do these days?

I know that this is true with me. Some men have good builds for such clothing. Of course it doesn't fit a guy like it does a woman, but that is because of the fact we are men.

I feel the reason for most, certainly not all, people choosing the CD path, is because of the social restraints placed upon men.

I do not wear my stuff for the taboo factor. I wear it for the most part for me, and for open minded women with an eye for such a thing.

Not really. The net result of what you're saying is a highly androgynous presentation, and I prefer a more femme one. Sorry, it's just what I am.

weekend woman
07-11-2010, 12:57 PM
If you are talking about full fashion freedom I don't see why not. Often times I will dress completely en femme sans wig and makeup, other times I will wear a short wig and look totally andro. Other times I will go the whole 9 yards, all depends on my mood. I think being able to dress any way you want would be ideal.