PDA

View Full Version : Do you care?

calliekat
07-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I haven't got to the point that I feel I could "pass." But, SOME of the clothing I like to wear are no where near "age appropriate." Ie: I am 46. I love leotards and tights, wearing cheerleader uniforms, mini skirts.... Items I would never expect to "pass" when wearing. But when wearing these, I like the "tight feeling, form fitting" feeling of them. And the feeling of being younger helps too.

HOWEVER, when in public, while I haven't tried to pass. But I do wear women's clothing that no one has caught on too.

I haven't even tried to "pass" as a women. I need help with make up, wigs, etc... But in my area, I have no IN REAL LIFE person to help me with this. Maybe someone here knows someone I can contact to help me with this? (Boothbay Harbor, Maine)

MsJanessa
07-10-2010, 08:08 PM
one of CDings ironies is that the clothes we love to dress in (silks, satins, tight leather skirts, maids uniforms, and cheer leaders outfits) are almost guaranteed to bring a lot of attention to us---and the more attention we get, the less likely we are to pass---the plainer our dress, make up, and hairstyle is, the more likley we are to pass (but those clothes are not as fun to wear) So I have outfits that I wear when I want the attention (and I do like the attention) and outfits I wear when I want to blend in---

I spent most of my life in Maine and if I were still there(I'm now in NOVA/DC) I would be happy to help you---if you want the names and contact info for some of my t-girl friends, send me a pm

calliekat
07-10-2010, 08:15 PM
NO ONE in my family knows I like to cross dress. But the irony is, I have, right in front of them with(age appropriate) women's tops. pants, sweaters, but not "feminine" looking. Still have the 5 o'clock shadow. No make up at all.....

sherri
07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
That's the blessing and curse of fem dressing. A blessing cuz there is so much variety and expression in women's clothes, an outfit or look for every occasion and mood, a curse cuz it sucks up all your discretionary income. And that's before you start shopping for shoes.

I say dress in what looks good on you and expresses your personality -- with a modicum of good judgment, of course. I don't think I'd wear a cheerleading costume to the mall, or to a club, for that matter. But I disagree that an over-40 gurl can't wear a mini skirt. I've seen GGs in their 60s who are smokin hot and don't mind letting you know it. If you have the legs and figure for it, go for it.

carrie-ann
07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
If you're going out into the public you really need to dress for you're age. You'll just bring undo attention to yourself. You could put yourself in pretty bad circumstances. I wear clothing at home that don't belong out in public. You'll find GG's do the same thing.

calliekat
07-10-2010, 08:26 PM
If you're going out into the public you really need to dress for you're age. You'll just bring undo attention to yourself. You could put yourself in pretty bad circumstances. I wear clothing at home that don't belong out in public. You'll find GG's do the same thing.

I never said I was trying to pass with this outfit. Just that I liked wearing them... in private.

The outfits I DO wear in public, not a single person has noticed. But I got out of my way NOT to look feminine. As for mentioned, I want some help with that part.

CallMeMeg
07-10-2010, 09:42 PM
CallieKat, I do the same thing. I wear women's button-down shirts (Charter Club makes some passable ones), jeans, slacks, sneaks and shoes, socks, polos.... No-one's ever noticed. If they noticed, they never say anything which is just as good.

There needs to be a name (like "underdressing") for this. "Overdressing" is what 99% of CDs do in normal circumstances. :)

I also believe that we dress like teenage girls because we never got to BE teenage girls. Once we get that out of our system, we'll dress a bit young for our age, but closer to reality. Or at least the reality of our illusion.

As for the fem part, the first few times I went out I went out after finding a makeup lady on Craigslist (I posted a "wanted" and explained my situation). She advised me on clothes, made me up, helped with my wig, and we went shopping for a bit.

Mary Kay reps will do a makeover gratis, in your home.

Tanya83
07-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Sure I care. I would love to wear skin tight short shorts and a tank top.
But aside from age, I don't have the body for it either. Some women don't even follow that rule.

sissystephanie
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
During the almost 50 years that I was married, I went out and "passed" many times. But that was all due to my late wife's efforts. She did my makeup and fixed my wig so that I did look like a lady. I dressed then as a woman about 20 to 25 years younger than I actually am, and always got away with it. My dear wife passed away 5 years ago, and since then I don't even try to pass. I still go out dressed, but looking like the man that I am. My enfemm clothing is mostly that of a younger women, and the amzing thing is that no one pays any attention!! And I do almost everywhere dressed like that, but no wig and no makeup!! My children know I CD, but say they don't want to see me dressed. They do see me almost every day, they just don't know I am wearing feminine clothes! Even though most of the time they do look feminine!! People just don't care!!

Kara Connor
07-11-2010, 03:40 AM
[snip]
I also believe that we dress like teenage girls because we never got to BE teenage girls. Once we get that out of our system, we'll dress a bit young for our age, but closer to reality. Or at least the reality of our illusion.
[snip]

I think there's some truth in that. I feel kind of "cheated" that I never got to experience being a teenage girl, or perhaps that I didn't have the courage or opportunity to dress as a girl when I was a teenager.

As I've become more accepting of myself, I've noticed that I am gravitating to more appropriate clothes, and trying to pull together the sort of looks that a GG of a similar age (or perhaps a bit younger!) would wear. I certainly don't want to be frumpy though. Where would the fun in that be? :)

Cherie
07-11-2010, 09:49 AM
i liked to dress in younger girls clothes when i first started fully dressing up it was all new and exciting. but as i have matured so has my wardrobe still younger clothes than my age but they make me feel happy and content at being myself .

PretzelGirl
07-11-2010, 10:13 AM
There needs to be a name (like "underdressing") for this. "Overdressing" is what 99% of CDs do in normal circumstances. :)

I think stealthdressing fits the bill. I met a sister from here for dinner once and only after picking her up, getting to the restaurant, and sitting down did I start to notice something. And even then I didn't pick up on half of what she was wearing or did (make-up). So stealth says it all to me.

I agree on the young dressing. For a number of us, we just have to get it out of our system because we never did it. Part of the exploration. Sometimes you have to exceed the limit on some things to know what to back off to.

jenna_woods
07-11-2010, 10:15 AM
at frist I so wanted to pass, and now that I do pass and go out so much I don't care if I am "made" or not I wear what i want to but do try and stay in thangs that go with my age, but that's just me, I enjoy every day I an dressed,

linnea
07-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I suppose that's it's lucky for me that my life-long history of CDing has given me the chances to wear age-appropriate clothing at every stage (though I never really went for the cheerleader look--I think that it's cute, but it's not for me).
In those earlier years, I was so far back in the closet that it didn't matter anyway because it was all between me and my mirror.
Now, as an older woman, I am pretty content to wear clothes that fit the "age-appropriate" label, but I feel good about those--not dumpy or dowdy, and I'm really enjoying what I see as an improvement in fashion choices for older women. Once in awhile, when I'm shopping, I try on something that's out of my age-appropriate arena. To me, that's just part of the fun of it. I think that GGs do this too.
I care about looking my best and feeling good about how I look. Sometimes when I can't go out totally en femme, I just do a little, and as suggested by my daughter, I try to go with a little more color than I typically would in male mode.

jenifer m.
07-11-2010, 05:03 PM
every time i go out its within the intention of blending in.and yes age appropriate clothes are a must.i rarely get read.maybe three or four out of fifty can see something.however when in the house of course i wear the minis,and ****ty stuff.the only exception is when its fetish club night then any thing gos.maybe you can look into fetish clubs in your area.there they want strange,and over the top.its a real blast.