PDA

View Full Version : Do you ask if you can wear a dress at a job interview?

eluuzion
07-11-2010, 06:00 AM
Ok, that was just a quick sanity check. If you answered "no" you are still allowed to wander around society without being on a leash...:D

Finally found this link I had on companies with "open" policies...but noticed the thread on the topic was closed.

So, for what it is worth...here it is the list...

http://www.qrd.org/qrd/browse/sexual.orientation.nondiscrimination.list

Alrighty then...shave, get a haircut, and get out there and find me a job where I can wear a dress! A personal secretary would be nice too, and a company car, and a company AMEX card,, and bonus and health coverage, and well...that'll do for now...

thank you in advance...lol

:love::love:

Tanya83
07-11-2010, 07:05 AM
I guess the only solution would be is to open your own business and make your own rules.
Imagine if you have a business where it was required for the men to dress as women at least once or twice a week or all week if you wish.
I'd apply there. :D

Phyliss
07-11-2010, 07:07 AM
I notice Home Depot isn't on the list.
I've been to two different stores for interviews, fully dressed. Didn't get hired at either. They were looking for somebody with the ability for "flex time" (meaning, they needed a legal slave they could call on anytime)

Side note here: I must be pretty good at "passing", because both times, once I mentioned the "transition" word, the interviewer "happened" to remember they wanted to be able to train another person in the interview process, so a second person was called in.
I KNOW the interviewer wanted a witness in case there was any complaint from me.
I woked for them before as a "regular guy" and there wasn't any "trainee" at the time of my interview.

Far from being upset about being treated differently, I found it rather funny, them being so worried about being sooooo correct.

Cowards.

Teri Jean
07-11-2010, 10:03 AM
As I looked through the list my employeer is in there as well as the state of Minnesota. I work at Minnesota State University, Mankato ( Mankato State University ). I have to say the businesses and organizations that have worked in the gender clauses to protect us have probably a better work force and more productivity. Thanks El for the listing again. Teri

carrie-ann
07-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Some day the state of Mo. I hope will make this list. I'm at a trucking company that hired me dressed enfem 247. I put it on my application when I applied for this job. So far so good. They did ask me not to wear dresses. Well they learned real quick I love dresses LOL. I dress appropriately and professionaly. They have not said any thing since. I love it. They are even calling me by my enfem name more and more. It's easy though Carey compared to Carrie Ann. So some say the first and some say the second. I get my share of complements. So i work at it. It gets easier all the time. So get out there if you can. And help change things for the better.

Joanne f
07-11-2010, 12:49 PM
If you intended to wear one if you got the job then "no do not ask " as if you did wear one and you got the job then you know it would be OK to carry on and wear one while doing the job assuming it would not cause a hazard.

yokyun
07-11-2010, 11:09 PM
For all the jobs I have tryed to get lately. Retail Being in drag would just not get me the job

eluuzion
07-12-2010, 12:37 AM
I guess the only solution would be is to open your own business and make your own rules.
Imagine if you have a business where it was required for the men to dress as women at least once or twice a week or all week if you wish.
I'd apply there. :D

That's exactly what I did about 15 years ago. I put all of my dark suits in a big moving box and I never looked back.

Come to think of it, with all of the surveillance cams at every intersection now, I never look "up" anymore either. :cool: