PDA

View Full Version : First time wearing a bikini !!!

Vicki-Z
07-11-2010, 11:47 PM
You have to realize that I have never gone out fully dressed en femme. The reason I haven't is because I don't have a feminine face. So I am an under dresser.

Last week while swimming I mentioned to my wife how much I hated the style of men's swim trunks same as I hate men boxer shorts. I told her I prefer the old fashioned speedo's. Then I said instead of a speedo maybe I should just buy a womens bikini bottem. She said go ahead.

So the next day I headed off to Walmart. I went with the intention of buying a bikini bottom that was maybe blue and might pass at a distance as a men speedo. Well when I got there and saw all the pretty colours and styles the original idea was gone. Next thing I knew I was shoulder to shoulder with different women and young teenage girls looking for the perfect bikini. I got a lot of stares and smiles but it didn't bother me. I settled for a pretty pink one that had little darker pink, red and white flowers all over it and had string ties on each side. Very feminine. So much for one that look like a men speedo. Of course the next thing I knew I was looking for a matching bikini top. That definately wasn't in the original plan. Well I couldn't find a matching top in my size. So I went home and showed my wife my bikini bottom. First thing she asked was why didn't I buy a matching bikini top. You have to understand this is all new and wierd to my wife so I was shocked. Needless to say the next day I tried 2 more local walmarts for the top. Couldn't find the top but I did get a lot more stares and smiles from other shoppers. The next day I when back to the store where I got the bottom and found the matching top. So like any proud shopper I went home with my prize.

Well tonight I wore it for the first time. My wife was out for the evening but I wished she was here with me for my first swim in my bikini. My son who doesn't know about Vicki was at work. Our house has neighbours on each side of us and a park right behind us that always has a lot of people there in the playground. Both neighbour houses can see in our backyard from their upstairs windows. Plus with our pool being an above ground pool you have to climb up the ladder to get in and while at the top of the ladder you are on display to the neighbours and everyone in the park. At first I thought I would wait until dark but then I decided why be ashamed of who I am. So while it was still daylight I went into my yard with just my bikini on :o and walked over to the ladder took my time and climbed into the pool. I didn't see anyone looking out their windows at me and I didn't care if they did. I spent about 45 minutes just swimming around in the pool. Then I took my time getting out and stayed walking around the yard for about another 10 minutes.

It was very exciting. It just felt like such a normal thing to do. :D

Vicki :hugs:

yokyun
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I have a lot of bikini's and A lot more one piece Swim suits. And Love them. You should also try to find yourself a one piece swim suit. you will love it!

Colleen03
07-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Right on Vicki, that's great that you can experience such a thing. I have about 20 one pieces but no bikinis. I just don't think I look too good in a bikini with a bit of a gut hanging out. I have been wearing one pieces & leotards since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I did swim in a one piece some time ago, but it was in a private spot and I felt too on edge that someone was going to see me.

Vicki-Z
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Yes Colleen and Yokyun I agree I like one piece swim suits even better than bikinis. It seems more feminine and sexy in my mind.The only reason I got the bikini was it first started out to be just a bottom that was suppose to look like a man's speedo and it kind of took off from there. I remember when I was about 8 years old trying on my sisters one piece bathing suit and loved it. As a teenager I fell in love with leotards and bought my first one then. :daydreaming:

I need to get a leotard for exercising. :D

Paulette
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
OK you are so right about wearing a biikni and for that matter a one piece which was my first women's swim suit. I love how you can get out of the water a blot your bottom and no more water running down your legs. The first time i dove into the pool taught me way girls are always adjusting their suits as they walk out of a pool. i also found out that my biggest worry was wrong the top stayed where it was supposed to but the bottom had slipped down a bit and had to be pulled up while still in the pool.

Hopscotch
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
That's so awesome. I'm not ready for a bikini yet!!

StacyCD
07-13-2010, 10:56 PM
I've gone swimming in a one-piece suit but never worn any of my bikinis out of the house. Someday, when I can remove all of my body hair, I hope to be able to!

Colleen03
07-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Yes Colleen and Yokyun I agree I like one piece swim suits even better than bikinis. It seems more feminine and sexy in my mind.The only reason I got the bikini was it first started out to be just a bottom that was suppose to look like a man's speedo and it kind of took off from there. I remember when I was about 8 years old trying on my sisters one piece bathing suit and loved it. As a teenager I fell in love with leotards and bought my first one then. :daydreaming:

I need to get a leotard for exercising. :D

Nowadays you see less women wearing one pieces. It seems they're more into showing off their abs (or in some cases flab) YUCK!! Sure, if you look like Jennifer Love Hewitt, by all means, wear a bikini, but if you look like Rosie O'Donnell... well you know where I'm going with this, and I apologize for the ugly visual :D However, I find one pieces to look very appealing & sexier. Though if less GG's are wearing one pieces, maybe it's time to make them a unisex item. I started out very similar to you Vicki. I tried on one of my sister's one piece suits and have been in love with it since. I also fine one pieces to be very versatile as you can casually wear them, swim, work out, or even sleep in them. Leotards are hot too as I have 2 of them, but am always keeping an eye out for others.

bianncats
07-14-2010, 12:22 AM
went to the lake kayaking today and wore my bikini...the tan lines are amazing...my wife will NOT be pleased...I have next friday off...will do the same but with a one piece suit with one shoulder strap...i was out an hour and got fried.

would post photos, but for one reason or another...they are not worthy of posting.

Brina

susants
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
i have a bikinni i put on last week went out in the yard for a while but not long so no tan lines
susan

~Trudy~
07-14-2010, 04:25 PM
YAY FOR YOU!!! I'm sure it feels awesome!

I'm the only Speedo wearer at our neighborhood pool, and get a few taunts from the kids, including my son who, just to poke fun at me, loudly repeated a kid from last year "HEY DAD! WHY ARE YOU WEARING LADIES' UNDERWEAR?", and a little kid just last week yelled "BIKINI!". I said "Yep. It's a Mens' Bikini!"

I love wearing it - it feels like I'm Topless Trudy. A string bikini bottom, though divine, would probably get me kicked out of the association.

My son and I both won the July 4th Cannonball Contest. When I was on the diving board, the lady with the bullhorn asked my name and I replied "Professor Speedo". She said "I'm not going to say that". I showed her. I can aim a can-opener and pretty much got her. For the win.

Emma England
07-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Thats a great story.

The next thing to do is to wear it at a public pool, or on the beach.

I'm afraid my body would not look good in a bikini - besides I am not into swimming.