PDA

View Full Version : Golf as a Girl/A Threesome (Update)

windycissy
07-13-2010, 01:22 PM
One of my guy friends has challenged me to play golf with him, as a girl! It will be at an air force base golf course, and I'll have to pass through security before I get onto the base, so I'm thinking of wearing women's shorts and a tee shirt, with sunglasses to hide my eye makeup, hopefully I can put on my wig, lip gloss etc in the parking lot after I make it through security...it should be a lot of fun, I'll have to rent women's clubs but playing off the red tees I oughta smoke him!

StaceyJane
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
That's a good idea. They will want to see that your face matches the ID at the checkpoint. What you do after that isn't their problem.

SuzanneBender
07-13-2010, 01:34 PM
This is one of the items on my Femme bucket (its pink of course) list. I think I may give it a try at SCC.

Hitting from the red tees can only help my game and I have heard that wearing breast forms help you keep your head down and steady your shoulders.

I don't think I would have the guts to do this on an Air Force Base. Cissy just remember in womens golf its not smoking him that counts. Its looking your best and then kicking his tail.

Cheryl James
07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
That would be a dream come true for me. Enjoy yourself.

StaceyJane
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Let me just add that my ex son-in-law has done gate security for the last 5 years at a couple of different army post. From what he has told me you would really have to work hard to find something that would shock them.

Lorileah
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Somehow I think he is expecting you to dress like Paula Creamer. :) Mess with him and play the Blues. I had a playing partner once (GG) who played the back tees and beat the guys (she was a 4 handicap).

I always wear women's shorts golfing...no one notices

Chickhe
07-13-2010, 02:17 PM
If it were me, I would just fully dress beforehand and show my male ID at the gate. If the guard says anything I would just tell him I lost a bet or made a dare with my friend...the truth. Easier that way and there is no 'sneaking around'. I think you might raise more questions by being only partly dressed.

~Trudy~
07-13-2010, 02:41 PM
OMG, Cissy I love that idea. :daydreaming: I'll have to wait until the fall, though cuz I'd cook under a wig.

also, what Chickhe said.

windycissy
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
He just told me I'll have to get out of the car and go into the guard shack! I may have to re-think this, although I should be able to get away with loose-fitting guy clothes over this little ensemble:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d605b3127ccec4a5fc4b6cd800000060O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Ashley_1962
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Sounds like fun; definitely on my 'to do' list as well. Is he really going to let you play from the 'ladies' tees?? If so, be careful of your club selection, I don't think you will be able to use your driver too much :)

Have a good time,
Ashley

p.s. I wouldn't worry too much about covering up for the guards...(but maybe that's just me..).

mklinden2010
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
For the zillionth time...

There are no such things as, "Lady's tees."

There are forward T's, middle T's, and - sometimes - back T's in the game of golf.

Play the Tee best suited for your rated handicap and enjoyment the game.

Falling for the, "Oh, you don't want to play from the "Lady's Tees" do you?" is allowing yourself to be conned, cheated, and bullied out of your best enjoyable round.

I play the short T's on a course that's new to me, especially if it costs an arm and a leg to play that course.

If anyone ever thinks I have an "unfair advantage" they are welcome to play right along with me from the same T's.

Golf has rules to make the game fair and enjoyable for everybody.

Just like High School did - only most of us didn't know it at the time....

Michelle_CD
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Playing the forward tees isn't always an advantage if you are used to playing further back. Last week we played the forward tees for a mens league tournament. I shot 80. The next day I played the whites and shot 75.

I would really love to play golf enfemme oneday. But as a previous poster mentioned I would have to wait until fall or spring otherwise I would cook in a wig.

windycissy
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I didn't say ladies tees, I said red tees, and that's what I'm playing! Using women's clubs, wearing girls clothes and trying to keep my hair out of my eyes is enough of a handicap!

mklinden2010
07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
I didn't say ladies tees, I said red tees, and that's what I'm playing! Using women's clubs, wearing girls clothes and trying to keep my hair out of my eyes is enough of a handicap!

No, you didn't, but it got said.

There are also no, "Lady's clubs," just golf clubs.

Ask someone who's worked at a "pro" shop ---

"What's the difference between lady's clubs and men's clubs?"

Answer: "Usually, about a hundred bucks."

If you're playing from shorter T's, on the premise that you're, "Just a woman" and they go for it, they deserve to get beat.

~Trudy~
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Hooray for you Cissy, always keeping it cheerful. As I think about it, I think you should leave the military out of it entirely and go play on another course. Tangling with MPs could be pretty unpleasant.

SuzanneBender
07-13-2010, 06:10 PM
OMG! All this talk of rules is making my head hurt.

Although, as an offical "duffer" I never knew that bit of trivia about the tees. MK. Isn't there something in the rule book about having to hit the next drive with your pants down around your ankles if you don't make it past the front tee box? Just asking I remember something about that from playing with my fraternity brothers in college.

Actually there is a reason why I think many of us refer to the forward tees as the womens tees. Most men let their egos get in the way when stepping on the links. It takes a woman to realize that their is no shame in playing where your handicap dictates.

Now where is the beer cart? I have a dozen golf balls to loose. :tongueout

phose03
07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
No, you didn't, but it got said.

There are also no, "Lady's clubs," just golf clubs.

Ask someone who's worked at a "pro" shop ---

"What's the difference between lady's clubs and men's clubs?"

Answer: "Usually, about a hundred bucks."

If you're playing from shorter T's, on the premise that you're, "Just a woman" and they go for it, they deserve to get beat.

there is a difference between ladies and mens clubs lenght weight and shaft types and if they dont know that in the pro shop they need to find a new job! :2c: but your outfit looks great

Lorileah
07-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Here on many courses the red tees are the second tees as they have yellow (Not gold) tees for juniors.

Typical tee layout Yellow, red, White, blue, Black or gold. Typical tee shot for me blue to white, white to red, red to lake.

Way pre-terror for me, the MP's were likable people and probably really don't care what you wear on base as long as you have proper ID to get there. Besides half the guys out there look 7 months pregnant anyway

SoTxGurl
07-13-2010, 06:51 PM
something i'd love to try someday......assuming i ever have enough guts to go out in public!

Angie G
07-13-2010, 08:08 PM
You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

mklinden2010
07-13-2010, 08:11 PM
there is a difference between ladies and mens clubs lenght weight and shaft types and if they dont know that in the pro shop they need to find a new job! :2c: but your outfit looks great

What they know at the pro shop is that the handles, shafts, heads, etc. are all fit to the hand grip, swing dynamics, and address angle of the GOLFER, not the gender.

Males and females could, and often do, have exactly the same hand size, swing dynamics, and angle of address.

It's pretty much the same fit and materials for "so-called" men/women clubs.

The difference in cost is the brand name, color choice, etc.

A club is a club - ask any golf ball.

Sara Jessica
07-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Diva Las Vegas actually has a golf event. Gee, if some of my friends would get out there, I might have to make it a longer week and play a round myself!!!

CallMeMeg
07-13-2010, 10:02 PM
I know nothing about golf, but I know a bit about defense dept security. I'd suggest you go in dressed as you will play, and let them do their worst. They take their security very seriously. If they think you're hiding something, or trying to pull a fast one, you'll never get onto the first tee.

Madilyn A.
07-13-2010, 10:05 PM
I've enjoyed all the comments in this thread. Like many of you, this is a bucket list item. My main concern I am sure would be to look the way I wish more of the LPGA players looked. More like Natalie Gulbus ! Yeah, that's the ticket ! So Cissy, enjoy your round and make sure to fill us in !!

AmiFL
07-13-2010, 11:18 PM
This guy is playing golf alone on a Tuesday afternoon and sees a rather attractive woman teeing off alone. Long brown hair, nice body, great legs in a cute golf skirt and top. (kinda looked like me, I wish)

He approaches her and asked her to play as a double. She hesitates at first but then says "okay".

The round goes on fantastically and the have a great game. The talk about all sorts of things and get along great. The woman has fantasic drives from the ladies tees and the man is very hard pressed to keep up. The woman ultimately beat him by a stroke.

At the end the guy says "That was great..... let mr buy you a drink" . The woman again hesitates but then says "why not".

One drink leads to many..... and they are having a blast.

The man then invites the woman back to his apartment.... again, after a little hesitation she says "why not".

They settle on his couch with a nice glass of wine and the man cuddles up close and makes his move....

.... now the woman says "STOP, I have to tell you something..... I am really a man"

The man is dumbfounded so the woman continues... "I am a crossdresser and love to golf while dressed up like this.... with tears in her eyes she says I'm sorry ..... I always golf alone but you seemed so nice and we were having so much fun together I did not want it to end... I can understand if you are angry and I'll go.

Well , the man was angry and he grabbed her by the arm and said , "I had a great time too, but If you are really a man..... WHY DID YOU HIT FROM THE RED TEES, I could have beat you"

AKAMichelle
07-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Now wait a minute. That is cheating. Playing from the red tees. Especially since you get to dress en femme playing golf. :D

ReineD
07-13-2010, 11:28 PM
I'll have to rent women's clubs but playing off the red tees I oughta smoke him!

There are golf clubs specifically for women? :eek: It's a wonder they don't just have different unisex sizes and weights to accomodate different body masses. Like they do with alpine skis.

At any rate, it should be great fun! Enjoy and I hope you cream him! :)

windycissy
07-13-2010, 11:54 PM
I've been shopping online, and for sure there are women's golf clubs, like you can get a complete set including a bag at Walmart starting at $100...and no surprise here, they all seem to come in pink! I'm gonna check out the thrift stores next...

Christina Horton
07-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Cissy? Why are you concerned about the security? Do you have a friends that's on the base that does not know you dress? Look there pros in the booth. They have see tons of strange things and this would not even be a foot note. Go fully dressed you will prob get more respect that way and they treat you like a women.

As for your outfit it look great. If it were me ( and I fully intend to go golfing dressed one day) I would wear a short skirt and that would be fun. For me at this time Christina does not wear paints or shorts. What is the dress code for skirts? I have only thought about it within the last few years of wanting to go golfing dressed.

I just wisk I had someone whom wanted to go golfing with me like I did before my best friend moved away. Ahhhh well.

I think you would just get all dolled up and show your friend that you have no fear golfing dressed and maybe he'll have to buy (you) lunch and drinks at the 19 hole eh !!! Have fun and tell us all about it.

JoanAz
07-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Cissy: Remember in the Military the rule is
"Don't ask Don't Tell" so just smile at the gate guard and if He/She says anythiing,
Just Smile and Say, "Don't ask Don't Tell"
:hugs:

cellchaser
07-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Go girl have fun!

Astrid Sabrina
07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I like this idea, had never thought of something like.

Sure I'll do it and take some pictures and videos

Rachael Ray
07-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Is that Beale AFB?

windycissy
07-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Is that Beale AFB?

Yep, have you ever gone through security there? I know I sound like a big chicken, but the thought of handing over my male ID, car registration and proof of insurance to an armed military guard while I'm dressed as a woman is more than I can bear....

Rachael Ray
07-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Yep, have you ever gone through security there? x....

Once, when my sister (she's in the Army) was in town and wanted to go to the PX. It's been awhile but I don't remember any hassles at the gate.

windycissy
07-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Once, when my sister (she's in the Army) was in town and wanted to go to the PX. It's been awhile but I don't remember any hassles at the gate.

Did you go through security as a chick? Were you driving or a passenger?

Rachael Ray
07-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Did you go through security as a chick? Were you driving or a passenger?

No one knows about Rachael in my family so I was in drab.

AllieSF
07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Good for you Cissy. If you need a third .... for golf let me know. I can drive into the base if needed, but they would probably check both our ID's. I have clubs, pink golf balls, golf skort, top and maybe even a pink golf/baseball hat. Let's do it! If not with your friend, we should get Rachel from the Gems. She told me that she would play en femme too!

windycissy
07-14-2010, 08:11 PM
I'd love to play golf with you too Allie, now I'm definitely gonna look for some used ladies' clubs, and I may just have to get a skort too, oh and maybe some girlie golf shoes, and little sox with poms to go with them...this could get expensive!

t-girlxsophie
07-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Speaking as a Scots girl from the home of Golf,enjoy yourself and i hope you do us proud,and lets hope you do indeed,smoke him:)

cdmichelle48
07-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Security is very tight these days, it might sound like fun and laughs but could turn out bad. I really hope it all goes well. Let us know?

VickyMI
07-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Go have fun. I have some white adidas shorts just like the one in your picture, they are very cute.

However, I would not wear that pink top its not a golf top. If you are trying to cover your arm muscles you might want to just use a windbreaker.

Rachel Morley
07-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Let's do it! If not with your friend, we should get Rachel from the Gems. She told me that she would play en femme too!
I remember that! Yes, playing golf en femme is on my CDing bucket list ... however, I wasn't "that" good before and I haven't swung a club in two years, so if it ever happens, give me a few weeks notice so I can practice a little so I don't embarrass myself. :o

Francine
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I still dream of playing a round of golf enfemme! (but only dream) :sigh:
Have fun!
Francine

AKAMichelle
07-14-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd love to play golf with you too Allie, now I'm definitely gonna look for some used ladies' clubs, and I may just have to get a skort too, oh and maybe some girlie golf shoes, and little sox with poms to go with them...this could get expensive!

But so worth it. Everybody on here wants to play golf dressed and few ever will.

windycissy
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
I remember that! Yes, playing golf en femme is on my CDing bucket list ... however, I wasn't "that" good before and I haven't swung a club in two years, so if it ever happens, give me a few weeks notice so I can practice a little so I don't embarrass myself. :o

Better start practicing...and don't worry about not being very good, just wear something cute and shorten your backswing, you're a girl!

VeronicaStyles
07-14-2010, 10:46 PM
I think being a caddy while dressed would be awesome, or being the drink girl lol bet you could get a lot of tips

MaryAnn40c
07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Golfing in skorts is fun,cooling but playing from the red tee boxes is not fun. Had to change where to hit the ball....got into lots of trouble. The other thing that was hard at first was playing with a bra and boobs....seeing past them was different and at times difficult.
Have fun out there!

Christina Horton
07-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Hooray for you Cissy, always keeping it cheerful. As I think about it, I think you should leave the military out of it entirely and go play on another course. Tangling with MPs could be pretty unpleasant.

Security is very tight these days, it might sound like fun and laughs but could turn out bad. I really hope it all goes well. Let us know?

You know I don't see a prob. They are not going to think your going to blow up the base cuz your dressed as a women. It will be fine and I'm 100% sure of that. Unless there is a terrorist that looks just like you do dressed or in drab.

So don't worrie at all and just go fully dressed and have fun.

Janet Bern
07-15-2010, 07:22 AM
That is something I would love to do. Any girls around NJ that would like to put a game together?
Janet

Jenny Doolittle
07-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Sounds like fun to me...... I have played a couple times as Jenny.....takes a little getting used too a different swing with my chest, but I still felt wonderful being out playing. I had fun with the couple I was matched with too..... they say Canadians are too nice to make comments, I think that is true. :)

windycissy
07-15-2010, 02:46 PM
This has been fun, connecting with girls all over the world about our shared passions: crossdressing and golf! There's a cute story about a golf pro who disguises himself to play on the LPGA Tour called Missing the Cut

KandisTX
07-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I play golf in my kilt does that count as crossdressing :) SERIOUSLY though, I would truly love to be able to play 18 holes dressed up, the problem is I have too many friends who do NOT know about this side of my life that would most likely see me a the course, trust me, I am a tough one to miss and there are certain tattoos that are almost impossible to hide unless I'm wearing long sleeves, and I sure as hell am NOT going to wear long sleeves in Houston Texas in July ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Janet Bern
07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Any girls looking for a fourth in NJ, count me in
Janet

windycissy
07-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Wow, I've been watching the British Open, glad I'm not gonna make my debut as a lady golfer in those conditions - the wind would blow my wig off! And try wearing a skirt in conditions like that...

paulinescotlandcd
07-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Come on Windy! With a name like that the conditions at St Andrews should be a breeze !
I have had many happy holidays in St Andrews both as a child and then with my own children. Put visiting St Andrews on your bucket list. Sorry but can't promise the weather will be much better than it is today.

Mardi
07-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I have played golf as a girl at DLV for 7 years, you have to get used to your boobs that some times get in the way. Read a Girl's on-course survival guide to golf. www.golfsurvivalguide.com

Barbara_Jean
07-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Windy, That is so great you get to Golf as a Girl!!
I did think though that I should chime in here on the Girl Golf Club issue. I am a Professional Golf Club Fitter and have run a very large golf center. I also gave lessons.
I have to tell you that there is a HUGE difference between Men's and Ladies clubs.
First of all, ladies clubs come in two sizes, regular and petite. The Regular clubs (and I am speaking about irons now, I'll get to the woods later) are 1 inch shorter that men’s. The Petite are 2 inches shorter!
Second the Grips are much smaller, for example Winn grips are numbered and the mens regular is a number 5, the ladies are number 3!
Third, the shaft flex is way different. Flexes are determined by miles per hour of swing speed. Men usually use Stiff, or Regular. Stiff is for a swing speed of 90 to100 MPH, Regular is 80 to 90 MPH. Senior flex is 70 to 80 MPH and Ladies is 60 to 70MPH.

Now, this all adds up like so. Let's say that you play a Regular shaft Men’s Club. Since the Ladies is One inch shorter, you will hit it Flat, since the Grip is smaller, your finger tips will dig in to the pad on your palm and the club will swing over too much and since the shaft is 2 flexes less that you use it will whip around your body uncontrollably and you will be pulling everything WAY LEFT!!
If you use a Stiff Flex Men’s Club, it will be even worse!
All this coupled with you playing the forward tees is not a good thing!
Unless this challenge includes you playing with Ladies Clubs, I would not advise it.
Go ahead and get a Girl Bag, and Shoes, Visor and all the little feminine things you want, but keep your own clubs! If you want to use a Girl Ball, I would recommend Precept Lady! It is a very soft center and designed for slow swing speeds, but a lot of men play them!
I do know a lot of women who play men’s clubs. Some are LPGA Pros! But, they are taller and have a lot of upper body strength, so they can handle the clubs.
I'll stop now, I only wanted to help you with your game!
Regina

Krissie1962
07-17-2010, 07:44 PM
AWSOME.it will be worth the security/close up.wow im thinking my next dream .have fun

msginaadoll
07-17-2010, 08:02 PM
I was asked by my friend to go golfing today and was even encouraged to dress. I ended up going as a guy cause it was 85 degrees out when we went and i didnt want to melt. My goal is to play golf before golfing season ends when it gets a little cooler.

Tommie Rae
07-18-2010, 09:22 AM
If you want to avoid any possible security hassles at the gate you could just be a passenger in your friend's car. When my wife and I go to Travis AFB they only check the driver's ID.

windycissy
07-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Windy, That is so great you get to Golf as a Girl!!
I did think though that I should chime in here on the Girl Golf Club issue. I am a Professional Golf Club Fitter and have run a very large golf center. I also gave lessons.
I have to tell you that there is a HUGE difference between Men's and Ladies clubs.
First of all, ladies clubs come in two sizes, regular and petite. The Regular clubs (and I am speaking about irons now, I'll get to the woods later) are 1 inch shorter that men’s. The Petite are 2 inches shorter!
Second the Grips are much smaller, for example Winn grips are numbered and the mens regular is a number 5, the ladies are number 3!
Third, the shaft flex is way different. Flexes are determined by miles per hour of swing speed. Men usually use Stiff, or Regular. Stiff is for a swing speed of 90 to100 MPH, Regular is 80 to 90 MPH. Senior flex is 70 to 80 MPH and Ladies is 60 to 70MPH.

Now, this all adds up like so. Let's say that you play a Regular shaft Men’s Club. Since the Ladies is One inch shorter, you will hit it Flat, since the Grip is smaller, your finger tips will dig in to the pad on your palm and the club will swing over too much and since the shaft is 2 flexes less that you use it will whip around your body uncontrollably and you will be pulling everything WAY LEFT!!
If you use a Stiff Flex Men’s Club, it will be even worse!
All this coupled with you playing the forward tees is not a good thing!
Unless this challenge includes you playing with Ladies Clubs, I would not advise it.
Go ahead and get a Girl Bag, and Shoes, Visor and all the little feminine things you want, but keep your own clubs! If you want to use a Girl Ball, I would recommend Precept Lady! It is a very soft center and designed for slow swing speeds, but a lot of men play them!
I do know a lot of women who play men’s clubs. Some are LPGA Pros! But, they are taller and have a lot of upper body strength, so they can handle the clubs.
I'll stop now, I only wanted to help you with your game!
Regina

Wow Regina, that's amazing, my head hurts! I still think I'l try playing with ladies clubs off the red tees for the fun of it...if I show up in a skirt, he's gonna be laughing so hard I may put money on this :)

BRANDYJ
07-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Ok, I have to chime in on this. But in a professional manner. i used to be a golf professional too. I owned and operated two different shops. My expertise was in building and fitting golf clubs. I also gave lessons and even coached a few professionals and local, and state champion amateurs along the way I have had the honor and to me, a privilege of fitting clubs for several well known tournament players including a past Master's champion.
There is so much more then shaft length and flex that makes a golf club a man's or lady's.
The single most important factor in clubs that fit anyone is the lie angle. That is the angle of the head to shaft relationship. Ping used to use the simple fingertip to floor measurement to sell you a club anywheres from 2 degrees fall or 3 degrees upright. To be blunt, that does not work. Karsten Solheim founder of Ping, even admitted it in a trade journal some years back. But he said it was better then nothing. he was wrong. It is a gross waste of time. I will use myself as an example. I stand 5'9" in my spikes (no, not spiked heels, but golf spikes!)
According to Ping's chart at the time, I measured as instructed. They recommended a red dot club for me. That is their color code for a club that is 2 degrees flat! Well that would have been 6 degrees wrong for me! BTW, Ping's clubs were 1/2 inch longer then their competition at the time. The only flex they offered for man or woman was what would dynamically test out to be extra stiff!
The clubs that I built for me are 1 inch over men's standard length and are bent to 4 degrees upright. And yes, even the flex can effect the right lie angle. The weaker it is, the more the toe of the club bends down towards the ground at impact.
When past master's champ Gay Brewer was in my town for a tournament , he shot 78 the first round. He knew his clubs must be wrong. He came to me and asked me to fit him. He thought he needed 2 degrees flat. I bent them to 3 degrees upright and he went on to shot a 64 the very next day. not to bore you further. the only way to fit clubs is dynamically. That is on a lie board showing the angle of the club head at impact.
We are all built differently even if the same height. Some have long legs, short arms or torso etc. So to play clubs that fit, you MUST be fit by an expert that uses a lie board for you to hit balls off of. Even the flex has more to do with tempo then club head speed. At one time Freddy Couples had one of the fastest club head speeds on tour. But with his slow easy tempo, the reporters made an issue out of a 3 wood Tom Watson gave him. it was a regular flex and not the extra stiff he played in his irons. He hit that 3 wood further then his driver at the time. (about 1991)
Most LPGA players are taller then the average woman and not one of them plays so called woman's clubs. One I worked with was 5'11" tall. We compared hand size and her hands were longer then my short fat fingers!
The industry does not want you to know all this. They want to mass produce one size fits all. No wonder the average player doesn't break a hundred!
Go ahead, play the red markers in fem mode. I'd love to do it myself. But don't use ladies clubs or balls.

windycissy
07-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Fascinating! The advice from the pros is: use your own clubs, but dress them up in a ladies bag and head covers...it's like crossdressing for golf clubs, I love it!

Rachel Morley
07-18-2010, 10:41 PM
The advice from the pros is: use your own clubs, but dress them up in a ladies bag and head covers...it's like crossdressing for golf clubs, I love it!
:lol2: ... Windy, you crack me up! No, I really did laugh out loud :)

BRANDYJ
07-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Fascinating! The advice from the pros is: use your own clubs, but dress them up in a ladies bag and head covers...it's like crossdressing for golf clubs, I love it!

Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are. But so true.
Now I need to go shop for a new bag for my beloved golf clubs. I wonder how they will like hitting those pink balls?

Barbara_Jean
07-19-2010, 05:11 PM
I forgot to ask you Windy, how did this challenge come about? Does he know you dress? Has he seen you as Windy?
Something else you should remember if you wear a Golf Skirt, make sure you are VERY LADY LIKE when you tee up or pick up your ball!!! You might want to practice that before the round!!
I hope you will be giving us a report afterwards too!
If he invited you to golf as a Girl, then I think he should buy you drinks and dinner too!:)
Regina Ann!

windycissy
07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
I forgot to ask you Windy, how did this challenge come about? Does he know you dress? Has he seen you as Windy?
Something else you should remember if you wear a Golf Skirt, make sure you are VERY LADY LIKE when you tee up or pick up your ball!!! You might want to practice that before the round!!
I hope you will be giving us a report afterwards too!
If he invited you to golf as a Girl, then I think he should buy you drinks and dinner too!:)
Regina Ann!

Yes he knows I dress and yes he's seen me, he took me out to dinner one time...thanks for the skirt tip although I'm gonna go with shorts unless I break down and splurge on a golf skort, and he's promised to treat me to dinner at the grill afterwards :)

Jacqui
07-19-2010, 09:36 PM
MK, it's the whole experience!

What would be the purpose of playing golf enfemme if not for playing from the "Ladies" tees, playing with a "Ladies" set of clubs, hitting Pink Flying Ladies, Calloway Pearls, or Precept Lady S III Crystal Blues, a pretty bag and the beautiful outfit that Windy previewed to all of us? Putting with a Nancy Lopez Errin series or Odyssey Lady Divine?

Yeah, she could hit off the "Forward" tees or the "Back" tees, use her/his own clubs and a nice sleeve of Titleist Pro VI's....
putt with a Scotty Cameron or Odyssey White Hot...
But that wouldn't be the experience of playing golf as a woman.

Windy, when you play with the ladies clubs, remember to swing easy and hit them straight down the middle. It's ok to be outdriven by a man....they're much stronger than you!
And when he does outdrive you (even from the "Men's" tees), you could say to him, "Wow, I wish I were a man so that I could hit as far as you do!"

If he's a real man, he'll pay you a compliment on the 18th green.... He'll take your hand and say, "Ya know, you play very well....for a woman!"

cindym5_04
07-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I've been wanting to play golf as a girl at some point too. I hope you have a great time!

mklinden2010
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
MK, it's the whole experience!

What would be the purpose of playing golf enfemme if not for playing from the "Ladies" tees, playing with a "Ladies" set of clubs, hitting Pink Flying Ladies, Calloway Pearls, or Precept Lady S III Crystal Blues, a pretty bag and the beautiful outfit that Windy previewed to all of us? Putting with a Nancy Lopez Errin series or Odyssey Lady Divine?

Yeah, she could hit off the "Forward" tees or the "Back" tees, use her/his own clubs and a nice sleeve of Titleist Pro VI's....
putt with a Scotty Cameron or Odyssey White Hot...
But that wouldn't be the experience of playing golf as a woman.

Windy, when you play with the ladies clubs, remember to swing easy and hit them straight down the middle. It's ok to be outdriven by a man....they're much stronger than you!
And when he does outdrive you (even from the "Men's" tees), you could say to him, "Wow, I wish I were a man so that I could hit as far as you do!"

If he's a real man, he'll pay you a compliment on the 18th green.... He'll take your hand and say, "Ya know, you play very well....for a woman!"

Well, if you're just in it for the fantasy - play at night, with your eyes closed...

Or, if you're playing the guy for other ends, then play as the helpless fool and con him outside the game of golf... Insert required, "tee-hee," here.

If you want to play as a woman who wants to do well (win), then fit your clubs, select functional (if not pretty gear), and follow the rules - play from the set of tees that are fair for "your game," not some "gimmie" like playing from so-called "ladies tees."

Pros don't play from the front tees because it would be an unfair advantage under most circumstances.

Women do not "play" at being women, unless they are playing some fool for a fool, or, perhaps, they ARE just stupid.

Really, how demeaning of women's efforts at equal rights, equal pay, etc. to suggest you employ one of their most forceful complaints about CDing:

"You're not being realistic and you're making real women look bad!"

Apparently, sometimes that's true.

Although, there are plenty of not-so-nice "real" women too.

Too bad that... On all counts.

cindym5_04
07-27-2010, 01:41 PM
For me, if I went to play en femme, I'd play from the tees that I normally use and take my regular clubs. I like the clubs I have and they feel good to me- much better than rental clubs. Keep in mind that "ladies clubs" are generally shorter than "mens clubs" and therefore may not be the proper club for you (I don't know your height or anything, but I'm 5'10", which means that the standard mens clubs are the right length for me). If you're as bad at golf as I am, the ball isn't going to matter- use whatever ball you want. In my mind, the purpose for me to go out and play en femme would be just that- to dress and present as a girl, but to still play my game and enjoy my round.

Everyone should just keep in mind to do what feels the best and most comfortable for yourself.

SuzanneAZ
07-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Maybe you'll ace a par 3 and get your picture in the paper!! :cheer:

windycissy
07-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Why is this so hard? First the drama over tees and clubs, then one of my friends pointed out that we might get put into a foresome and what if they weren't amused...to say nothing of base security, etc! I told her that I saw some cute tennis outfits at the outlets over the weekend and why didn't we just play tennis instead, and guess what: we're gonna do it! I know I must sound like a complete flibbertigibbet, but now I'm all excited about how I'll look in a tennis dress, and how it will feel to play in one :)

Alice B
07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm totally jealous. That is one of my greatest desires.

foxyjj111
07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
i play to a +3 handicap so i would definitely have to play the back tees, or sandbag it pretty well from the ladies. hmmm course record...lol

Randee
07-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh the lengths some of would go to just to play off the Ladies tee. I am not that good a golfer myself.
Too often the Ladies tee is my second shot!
Just say no to mulligans.

windycissy
08-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Got 'em, finally! Scored a set of Lady RAMS from a gal who was selling them on Craigslist for $50, a complete set including a bag and head covers for $50! And, I found the cutest skort on sale, and also a golf glove and some Lady Dunlop balls...gonna try 'em out at the driving range tomorrow night, my only worry is that the clubs may be too short for me but I tried a few practice swings before I paid for them and I think I can pull it off....

AllieSF
08-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Way to go Cissy. Does that mean that we are finally getting close to playing a around from the red tees?? I can't wait. I've got some pink ladies golf ball and a lot of extra tees for you. I played today (male mode) in 100+ degree weather with a light breeze. Actually, it wasn't so bad being so dry that it is. Let's hope we get a nice cool day for our moment of fame with your male challenger. Maybe we can play a scramble with him? He plays his best ball (his only ball) against our best ball between us. Two ladies against a big strong man seems fair to me! And, don't forget the pool time later.

windycissy
08-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Way to go Cissy. Does that mean that we are finally getting close to playing a around from the red tees?? I can't wait. I've got some pink ladies golf ball and a lot of extra tees for you. I played today (male mode) in 100+ degree weather with a light breeze. Actually, it wasn't so bad being so dry that it is. Let's hope we get a nice cool day for our moment of fame with your male challenger. Maybe we can play a scramble with him? He plays his best ball (his only ball) against our best ball between us. Two ladies against a big strong man seems fair to me! And, don't forget the pool time later.

I'll get right on it! What could be better than playing golf with a cute TGirl? Playing with 2 cute TGirls! He'll be putty in our hands....

AllieSF
08-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Is that "Silly Putty"?:D :D

KandisTX
08-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I have a golf tournament on Friday. I'll most likely be playing in my kilt which is about as close to playing "as a girl" with this group of guys. LOL, playing in a kilt is a lot of fun, and you definitely get some looks from the other golfers that's for sure. :)

windycissy
08-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Went to the driving range tonight after it cooled off to try out my new clubs and see what it was like swinging in a skort...no problems! It was a beautiful night with a full moon and there were grass tees, so I was able to try out all the clubs and I didn't play any lousier than I do as a guy :D the skort was kinda fun on the putting green afterwards, can't wait to play 18 holes like this
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d604b3127ccefaa7961c86cd00000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

AllieSF
08-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Great outfit and look at those tanned legs. That length of skirt is perfect for you and you you should try it more often. I can't wait to do the same.

msniki48
08-26-2010, 01:44 PM

Hmmmmmm Cissy, i would put pink covers on my regular clubs! there are many girls who play regular shafts as opposed to womans. it's all about the illusion and looking good.....but a secret weapon never hurt.....lol

have fun.

One of the gurls at our support group is trying to get a gurls day out at a course here in nj. could you see 40+ gurls on the course.....hmmmm sounds like fun!:love:

Rachael Ray
08-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Went to the driving range tonight after it cooled off to try out my new clubs and see what it was like swinging in a skort...no problems! It was a beautiful night with a full moon and there were grass tees, so I was able to try out all the clubs and I didn't play any lousier than I do as a guy :D

Where in Sacramento is there a driving range with grass tees?

windycissy
08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Where in Sacramento is there a driving range with grass tees?

The Natomas Golf Center at 3060 El Centro Road, near the airport...got a small bucket of 40 balls for $5 and a bag of tees for $1, they're open till 10 pm under the lights

Rachael Ray
08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
The Natomas Golf Center at 3060 El Centro Road, near the airport...

Is that by Interstate 80 and Highway 5?

windycissy
08-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Is that by Interstate 80 and Highway 5?

That's it!

Rachael Ray
08-27-2010, 12:46 PM
That's it!

When will you go and practice again or do you plan on playing now?

KandisTX
08-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Ah well, just got back from my tournament today.. Yes, I played in my kilt. It was a great day, while we did not place, we did not come in dead last. We as a team shot a very respectable 67 on a par 68 course. Not bad for three 'duffers' and one "not quite a duffer, but nowhere near pro". First place score was a 53 which I find very hard to believe, but then again scoring was on the honor system and it was just a charity fund raising golf tournament.

neworleanssusan
08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm not the first one to think this, but what a WONDERFUL excuse to play from the women's tees.

Rachael Ray
08-30-2010, 01:58 PM
I'll get right on it! What could be better than playing golf with a cute TGirl? Playing with 2 cute TGirls! He'll be putty in our hands....

Did you get to play this weekend?

windycissy
08-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Did you get to play this weekend?

Not yet, I've got a threesome put together in two weeks, if you're interested in playing sometime shoot me a pm

AKAMichelle
08-30-2010, 06:54 PM
You and I have been talking about this for awhile. Next week I should be playing dressed. I got everything that I need and I'm looking forward to playing. We will just have to compare notes afterwards to see who played better dressed in comparison to guy mode.

windycissy
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
No turning back now: I've booked a tee time for a threesome on Wednesday at a course in Sacramento, it will be me, Allie and a guy...hopefully the starter won't stick a single with us! Tomorrow I'm gonna look for golf shoes on closeout (otherwise it'll be sneakers) and a cute visor, wish us luck!

windycissy
09-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Allie and I finally got out there today and it was fantastic, we were very fortunate that the course wasn't crowded so we were able to play as a twosome and the weather was lovely, everything about it was so much fun! Allie fired an 87 and I shot a 90, admittedly it was off the ladies tees but we looked pretty good out there and can't wait to do it again, here are pictures to prove it:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d734b3127ccefb4b1a81035400000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d734b3127ccefb4bc5b2439000000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d734b3127ccefb4bfc94033200000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

renee k
09-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Very cool ladies!
And respectable scores too! Not to mention a cute outfit. Can't wait to see Allies pic's!

Renee

S. Lisa Smith
09-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Very cool!!!

IamSara
09-15-2010, 09:04 PM
I am so glad you got to finally go play en femme. I wish I could do the same.
Sarah

Tricia Lee
09-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Must have been fun playing from the red tees. :)

Nicole Erin
09-15-2010, 09:45 PM
18 holes? Well, Tiger woods hits more holes than that even OFF the course.
Anyways, you look good :)

Rachael Ray
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Very cool! You look great and congrats on your scores. Where did you play?

Kat42
09-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Phenomenal! I envy you!

(And I'm not a golfer!...I still envy you)

Josey
09-16-2010, 03:47 AM
What Fun! Great pics and congrats.

RachelDenise
09-16-2010, 04:30 AM
One of my goals is to swing a club/play golf with my DD breastforms in place. You ladies rock!

Gerrijerry
09-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Glad to hear that you both had a great time. I played golf a few times. But the best I did was 121. Oh that was miniture golf does that count.

BRANDYJ
09-16-2010, 05:03 AM
Way to go! I'm glad you got to play. But now I wonder....Is there gonna be a rematch between you and Allie? You can beat her! lol

erickka
09-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Way cool, Cissy! There's nothing better than a gentle breeze ruffling a short skirt! Love your outfit!

AllieSF
09-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh what a day! The weather was perfect, the golf course located in Freeport just south of Sacramento was empty (we started at 1:00 pm and played in about 3 hours, a new record for me and we did not hurry), and our games were very respectable. Plus, that 19th hole cold beer looking down on the course from the covered veranda really capped off a perfect round. Playing all dolled up was sure a new one for both of us. And yes, playing from the red tees, actually they were black at this course, was a real hoot and helped significantly with our scores (at least with my score). Though the way Cissy plays after only playing once in the last 18 months makes me wonder if they were 18 days not months! Cissy golfs just like a girl!! She hits them straight with here irons and her 3 wood (no driver for that girl) and almost out drives me every time. My score would have been much lower if I would have putted like her. She was sinking them from 15 feet out banging that little white ball into the back of the hole almost every time. Thank God she had a few mis-hits (I had a lot) because that let me beat her. Now, don't tell her that my Texas wedge was working really well yesterday!

I am not as photogenic as Cissy but here are some pics of me enjoying the sun, green grass and the thrill to even be able to be there in the middle of a golf course dressed and playing as Allie.

Back at Cissy's hotel we showered (separately of course) and prepared for a night out to celebrate this unique milestone for both of us. Off we went to Mix Downtown, a cool rooftop bar in Sacramento for drinks (white wine) and some tasty appetizers. From there we went to the L Wine Bar where we sat out on their open air rooftop dining area for more appetizers and wine and continued to re-hash our golf outing. We finished up at Aoli's Restaurant, now our after dinner restaurant, to have a great cappuccino to help me make the long drive back to the SF Bay Area.
definitely a day to remember.

Plus, we are already planning our next golf outing, which may also include some tennis.

windycissy
09-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Allie says it all, I think the most fun was zooming along in our golf cart in our little skirts, chatting about how unreal it all was...here's a few "action" shots, it's hard to look feminine when you're playing sports you've played all your life as a guy:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d736b3127ccefb769896931900000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d736b3127ccefb769e4612fa00000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

windycissy
10-08-2010, 01:15 AM
No, it's not what you're thinking...Allie and I played golf again yesterday, and a cool guy named Jamie asked if he could join us on the back nine...we girled it up out there and poor Jamie never had a clue that the two chicks outdriving him from the ladies tees were really guys! We asked him to take a picture of us on the 18th tee, here it is:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0ce26b3127ccefb1ad49a301000000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Allie shot the lights out, scored an 85...I couldn't buy a putt but I was still thrilled to shoot in the 90's in a new golf ensemble I scored on sale at the outlets

Persephone
10-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Superb! You two look great!

Gina X
10-08-2010, 05:26 AM
That's not fair two of you against one poor little man !! LOL

Love Gina x

Jorja
10-08-2010, 06:53 AM
All is fair in love, war, and golf! :)

You girls look great and it looks as though you had a great time.

Jeanna
10-08-2010, 06:55 AM
That is too cool. Poor guy, were you taking advantage of the ladies tee? :)

AKAMichelle
10-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Congratulations on playing golf dressed. From an earlier post, I wondered if you would ever make it. I guess you did. I have to admit that it is a lot of fun playing dressed. I have now done it once and hopefully soon I will be able to do it again.

KateSpade83
10-08-2010, 07:55 PM
You both look like women! Is there a discount for women playing golf!

Patty
10-08-2010, 08:02 PM
You both look Great!!!!

Traci Elizabeth
10-08-2010, 08:55 PM
It must have been so much fun. I bet that poor guy is still walking around with his head down. I hope he was a guest and not a member as no one will ever let him live that down!

Joan Lea
10-09-2010, 06:54 AM
Whenever I hook up at the golf course it is never with such great looking women. I always hook up with old men.

windycissy
10-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Actually Jamie was a very good golfer and even with us hitting off the ladies tees I'm sure he outscored us, even though Allie fired a 40 on the back nine, she was on fire! When he asked if he could join us, Allie said "We're playing off the ladies tees" and I teased her, "Gee Allie, why didn't you just tell him we're really women?" The tricky part for me was keeping my knees together in ladylike fashion when I lined up my putts because I knew Jamie was watching!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0ce26b3127ccefb1b3cbd913f00000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Joelle
10-16-2010, 08:43 AM
What a great set of pictures. This is on my wish list also. I guess a skort is necessary especially when lining up putts.

The Diva Las Vegas gathering always has a golf outing where a group all dress as women and play. You can see pictures at Geekbabe.com .

So are you going to play golf as women again?

Joelle

windycissy
10-16-2010, 09:34 PM
What a great set of pictures. This is on my wish list also. I guess a skort is necessary especially when lining up putts.

The Diva Las Vegas gathering always has a golf outing where a group all dress as women and play. You can see pictures at Geekbabe.com .

So are you going to play golf as women again?

Joelle

You bet I'm gonna play golf as a woman again, when I bought my new golf outfit I got a matching sweater for when it's cooler, so I can play all year in style

TommyII
10-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Well these are new things to think about as I gradually out. I played golf all this year in size 8 shorts or slacks, and my 38A. I got a few comments that my shorts were out of fashion (too short). What a fun day it would be to actually wear a short golf skirt. I retired from the Air Force and think the gate security would be intimidating, but the losing a bet excuse would totally work. I have so much fun yet to come.

cosmolovesph
10-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Very nice, would be fun to golf en-femme! (you both look like GG's!!)