PDA

View Full Version : saw a sister today at work

Carroll
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I busy pulling 200 DVD's that Sears wanted back when I saw a sister walking about. BY the time I was able to put down the movies and my paper work she had walked away. I later walked the mall during my lunch to see if I could find her. It seemed like it she was a bit uneasy. I was going to tell her he looked good, let her know I was also a sister and if she wanted some pointers. Her "give away" was her walk. She walked with her shoulders kind of pushed forward, basically like a man. I wasn't going to be mean or insulting about it. She did catch the attention of a few employees but they didn't really say anything derogatory, just that they noticed. I guess it helps when they know I dress also. Oh well, Maybe next time.

carolynn2fem
07-13-2010, 10:44 PM
That is why I would want a support group in place before going out. then again i just might be chicken.

cellchaser
07-14-2010, 11:10 AM
So sweet to help others!

Karan49
07-14-2010, 12:04 PM
I wonder if this "sister" may have some type of disability that may interfere with her walking abilities. Or perhaps she just wants to go out for a walk or go shopping and doesn't care if she walks appropriately. I for one would not give advice to another without request and rarely do I appreciate unsolicited advice. And the idea of being staulked to be given advice I would find frightening and insulting and I may ask to speak to your supervisor. Please if you notice me, let me go without being noticed. Thank you. Karan

~Trudy~
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
What Karan said.

I saw an absolute for sure (or so I thought) CD'er at the thrift store the other day (while I was trying on dresses) and thought about saying something comeraderie-ish, but had a little doubt and didn't. I told my wife about it later and she was appalled that I would even consider it. Think of all the women with manly traits, just as we men have our girly ones. If you misread someone to their face about their gender, you could be in for a really ugly scene. Especially if it's someone who is deeply ashamed of their cross-gender characteristics.

Much worse than "Oh how exciting! When are you due?"

jenna_woods
07-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Its nice to see sisters out and about, but just be careful not to embareas her or you.

t-girlxsophie
07-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I recently saw a sister shopping for her grocerys,late at night in the Shop I work,but I didn't approach her mainy because I wouldn't know what to say to her,without causing her any undue stress.But Isn't it heartwarming to see more and more of us out and about:)

:hugs:Sophie xx

RachelHawke
07-15-2010, 02:56 AM
I found myself contemplating my general walk and stance all day while working in the back of the store tonight having read this scenario shortly before leaving.

Maryesther M.
07-15-2010, 03:23 AM
I expect the very last thing any out-in-public sister wants is not only to be 'read', but to be told about it, too. I myself would treat her perfectly normally as if she were a GG. I expect that is what anyone would want.

Cherie
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
i was at work and a sister sat down near me just enjoying her day. would have loved to chat but dont think she wanted the attension i know i wouldnt especially on my first few times until i felt comfortable :o

Gerrijerry
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
I used to take the train to work. The ride was about one hour. For a while I watched everyone and everything just something to due on a long ride. Since I always took the same train same car on the train I noticed a new face a woman. Could not tell if it was one of the girls or not. I said noting until she happened to sit next to me. She had on a lovely light blue dress that day. I said good morning she said good morning. Then she said to me I noticed you take this train every day. Yes I do. Forgive me for asking but have me meet before. I said no I don't think so. She told me you look like someone I met at a meeting a few months ago. Oh I said do I. Not knowing what she was talking about. The only meeting I ever went to at that time was to a TRI Ess meeting once a month. I did not remember meeting her there. Never mind she said I must be wrong. Then she looked at me again smiling and said have you ever been to a hotel in N.J.. I have been to hotels there yes why. Then one at. (have to leave out exact location) I new that was the location of the group meeting. Why yes I said I have been to that location. We became good friends on the train ride after that. I am no longer a menber of the group and don't use the train any more different job now. I miss talking to her. OH yes she was the wife of one of the CD's in the group not one of the CD's. need I say more of how embaressing that would have been since she know I was a crossdresser and had seen me at a meeting dressed as a woman.