PDA

View Full Version : What would you wear or have worn for your first time out in public?

Rebecca W.
07-14-2010, 05:24 AM
My first time out now that I have thought about it, I wore a short tight black dress with glitter and tan stockings with pink panties, pink bra and black pumps. My heart was racing because I tossed all of my mens clothes in a garbage can. It was in a car the next state over and I drove all of the way home as a woman. What would you wear or have worn for your first time out?

erickka
07-14-2010, 05:39 AM
I wore a tan floral maxi wrap skirt, burgundy body suit, and 5" strappy sandals.
OMG! That was back in 1980!!!

CallMeMeg
07-14-2010, 06:10 AM
but I'll have to find a picture to remind me.

I remember my third time out. I wore a purple blouse that was hand-made by a woman who owned a shop that sold her (India Indian) clothing, and a purple diagonally striped skirt. I went to a Mardi Gras party that a friend threw that night. The hostess gave me these horrid purple clip-on earrings ~ they were like half-golf balls covered in purple sequins. I dutifully put them on in place of mine, because, hey, it's a Mardi Gras costume! People I knew didn't know me until I introduced myself, and my local state representative (who knows me quite well) was there. He did the best double-take when he figured out who I was. We chat every few months and he's never mentioned it since. :)

Megan70
07-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Can't possibly remember, I was thirteen years old when stepping out on the street and walking dessed in public for the first time. That was 50 years ago when Lincon was in office and dinosours roamed the earth. Good luck to you newbies!

Jennifer Marie P.
07-14-2010, 06:35 AM
My first time out I wore a black mini skirt and a blouse with 4 inch pumps.

melissacd
07-14-2010, 06:38 AM
My first time out in public as to attend a formal dinner with a local cross dressing club. I wore a black dress and high heels with a very nice soft chiffon like piece that went over my shoulders to help soften my masculine shape. That part worked but seeing the hairy arms spoiled the whole effect so after that I shaved all the hair off my arms (I was already shaving my legs) and have had hairless arms ever since. That was four years ago.

Starr
07-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Well it was in the late 70's and i had on pantyhose with tight short white hot pants, a Black blouse and platform shoes.. it was around midniht and i walked out from my hotel room to my car and drove down the road..

shadyterri
07-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Well that was a long time ago and my first time out was going to the motel ice machine late at night. I wore a black miniskirt, black sheer blouse (black bra was visible), black stockings (with a garterbelt) wig and 4 inch heels. Out and back without being seen.

Danielle Gee
07-14-2010, 08:12 AM
My 1st (and only) time out in public I wore a Black midi-lentgh knit skirt, and a Burgandy silk bow blouse. This was about 15 years ago, and even though I had no trouble passing I've never tried it again......I was sooooo scared, I thought my heart would surely explode!!!!

Danielle

SuzanneBender
07-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Thats was so long ago I can't remember. It wasn't anything over the top or too glam. I think it was a skirt and a sleeveless summer sweater.

Sandy Banks
07-14-2010, 09:03 AM
When I was young and thin I went for a walk in another apartment building in my complex. I wore black opaque pantyhose, a short patterned skirt, a ribbed yellow turtleneck and a wig(no make up) and a red vinyl raincoat. I ran into the mailman in the stairway, he gave me a big smile, said hello and tried to look up my skirt as I climbed an open stairway. Now that I look back, maybe that gave me quite a bit of motivation.:o

jenna_woods
07-14-2010, 09:07 AM
I don't remember just whay it was but I know I wore a skirt, pullover, and nyloms and of course heals, it was many years ago,

Rachel Morley
07-14-2010, 09:28 AM
It was in the spring of 2005. I was trying to blend in and do my best to not be noticed so I wore what I thought most GGs, my age, and where we live, might possibly wear, which was a pair of black capris, black low heeled slides, a white satin trimmed shell top and a black high buttoning cardigan. My second time out I was in a skirt! :)

windycissy
07-14-2010, 09:50 AM
I started out with a bang on Michigan Avenue in Chicago in a floral skirt, pink blouse, blazer, heels and stockings...wish I still had that ensemble!

Andrea Azariah
07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
not sure exactly, i went out in stages u could say, for the time i was out probably the first time to a shopping area in bright sunlight, it was a black knee length skirt, stripped body hugging blouse, low open heels... that was refreshing

kymmieLorain
07-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Well in full femm or lust in womans cloths.
I womans cloths it was a black mini and a t-shirt. in full femm not yet but could be a nice skirt, maybe a body suit, and heals. I haven't really decieded yet. Also depends on my wardrobe at the time.

Kymmie

Bunny Girl Zoe
07-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I allways wear skinny jeans when go out but going out this weekend and thinking of of nice pink top with parot on with black leggings and might wear pink mini skirt with them.

Susan4
07-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Not counting Halloween ... my first real outing was a trip to return something that didn't fit. It was a wonderful day in September and I drove to the suburban big box mall in the early afternoon along busy city streets. It was about a forty minute trip. I had a companion. He was also CD but was dressed en drab. After I did my shopping, the two of us had lunch at a family chain restaurant nearby. I was wearing black slacks, red high heels, and a red and black jacket over a black shell. I carried a small black clutch purse ... really a wallet and had just had a manicure. I wore diamond (magnetic) studs.

It was a wonderful afternoon ... a great first outing.

I can believe I didn't do it years ago ... when I was younger.

Hugs
Susan

Cheryl T
07-14-2010, 02:03 PM
My first time out was to a friend's Halloween party. I wore a red dress with black stockings, heels and a lace shawl, hair comb and elbow length gloves to go with my Spanish dancer look.
My first time in real public was to a shopping mall, so I just wore slacks, a cute blouse, flats and stockings with a fall coat. I was worried I would stand out and found that everyone was too busy looking for bargains to pay any attention to me...:battingeyelashes:

Nancy (PA)
07-14-2010, 02:12 PM
After much worry and trepidation, I decided to go to a birthday dinner party for the makeover gal here in Philly, at a local restaurant. Went to her studio first for a minor makeover, and then off to dinner with about 20 other people, male and female (partners). I wore a black above the knee skirt, a tan turtleneck sweater, and knee high boots. (and of course all the trimmings underneath. I was as nervous as hell until I started to mingle with everyone else, and then hated it when the party was over.

monalisa
07-14-2010, 02:20 PM
My first time out in public was for Halloween so went as a French Maid with black stockings, ruffled panties, apron and a custom maid outfit plus a blond wig. I thought I looked good with high heels on.

NicoleScott
07-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I did many many makeup/dressup sessions before I gathered the courage to go out. My makeup and wardrobe reflected my preferred style that I wore at home, so that's what I had the first time I went out. I had a pair of dark stained wood shoes with a one inch platform and six inch heels that tied around the ankle with black satin ties. Very comfortable, I could walk with ease. The outfit I went out in was all pretty new: beige long-sleeve turtleneck top (self conscious about adam's apple, though not very prominent, and arm hair), kelly green jumper dress, very cute, and a long, straight, blonde wig with straight, blunt-cut bangs. I always liked long eyelashes and heavy eye makeup, and deep red lipstick with fake nails painted to match. Always true to my preferred style - go out or stay home. This was long ago, younger and slimmer. I felt and looked pretty good, I thought.

P.S. For those of you who dig such things, the sound of those wood high heels on hard floors and sidewalks was amazing. Sure wish I had those shoes back (lost in a purge - dad gummit).

AllieSF
07-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Over three years ago I went out for the first time with Windy Cissy who posted above plus another past member of this site, both met here. I wore a cute dark blue with green design pleated knee length skirt, a black knit top, nylons and heels (I wobbled the night away and looked most definitely like a guy trying to wear heels for the first time). I think that I had a black jacket/coat for the evening. I still like that skirt!

Sally24
07-14-2010, 08:05 PM
My first time out, 5 years ago, I wore jeans and a filmy, long sleeve blue top. Pink sandals and my blond wig rounded out the outfit. I didn't wear a skirt until I got a little more confident.

t-girlxsophie
07-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Through misty eyes I recall for My first time out I wore my first ever purchase,strappy red/black floral print dress and cute little black sparkly cardi,still have that dress prob struggle into it now:eek: tan tights and strappy heels

:hugs:Sophie x

johnboy23
07-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Blue jean capris and a babydoll tee

PretzelGirl
07-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Not counting multiple times outside of the house where I didn't expect to be seen, my first time was my last birthday. I wore jeans and a pink sweater.

tammygirl79
07-14-2010, 09:56 PM
I wore a black, shoulderless cocktail dress & black high heels. Actually, i have a photo album on my page with some pictures of my first time out. :)

NathalieX66
07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure I can answer the question of "what would I wear for a first outing", but my very first outing was back in the early 1990's was a denim midi skirt, black tights, and a silk button-down shirt buttoned at the top (which was all the rage for girls & guys back then) and a very fat 4 inch belt over it, and black suede knee boots. I remember walking into to Coffee Connection on Newberry St in Boston that night being frightened as hell but at the same time feeling wonderful.
Then after that, sometime I went into hiding & denial (shame & guilt).

SheriM
07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Its fun to read about all the first times.
I have sort of moved into it a little at a time.
First it was a panties girdle and hose under male clothes. I recall once after returning home from grocery shopping, there was a business card in one of the bags for custom made girdles. Always wondered if the note was random or if he/she could detect the girdle.
After many years, I bought and started wearing female jeans. I still have the first pair that is certainly slim cut for a junior, but it also passes quite easily for a male jean when I wear it.
Soon, I bought more feminine jeans, began wearing make up, bras and womens shirts. Recently, Ive been trying to perfect the layered look while showing a bit of the tank top or T with a little cleavage as well.
I have not however perfected the wig or total woman look. If I try to pass, I can't begin to fool even myself so I'm a man dressed in young womens clothes.
I did, once, go into a store with a skirt, wig and the total look. There was no bad reaction, but I did not feel comfortable so I've not tried it again.

SheriM

Inna
07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
OK, I feel like a school girl on the first day of the first class of the first year of school. Long story short I never been out. But if I may I believe I will put on some tight boot cut jeans, nice belt, soft feminine tshirt, maybe heels or just flats and go to town to be maamed allover :daydreaming:

Tasha McIntyre
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
A denim skirt that was probably a bit too short :doh: but felt just so awesome. 3/4 sleeve length shirt and strappy sandals. :)

Karenmarie
07-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Golly, alot of years ago. Haven't had alot of times to go out, but if
I remember right I wore;
panty hose, bra with water balloons (2 balloons per side for safety) LOL
a light blue skirt and a white blouse with a jacket that matched the skirt.
Had all the make-up on and loved every second of every minute.
SCARED to death but loved it. I cannot remember what kind of shoes
I wore!!!!!! I love shoes, but can't remember them. I'm sure that I had
some shoes on tho, walking in the Penney parking lot without shoes would
have ruined my hose. hahahahaha

Hugs to all
Karenmarie

Colleen03
07-15-2010, 12:01 AM
For my first time out a couple of years ago, I was dressed up as a biker chick. It was at a fetish ball so anything pretty much goes. I wore my black leotard with fishnet p/hose, stockings, my high heeled leather boots & leather jacket. I felt SUPER hot and both men & women were hitting on me. I was scared & nervous to do it at first, but once I blended in I loved every minute of it. No one gave any strange looks or rude comments. Got more compliments than anything. I would like to go back to that ball one day ;)

Vickie_CDTV
07-15-2010, 01:48 AM
A satin floral print office dress, short sleeve and just below the knee, dark black pantyhose, and black 2" heels. (My second outing was in a black skirt suit with a long sleeve white jacquard high neck blouse underneath, off black pantyhose and the same black 2" heels. I would have worn this for the first time out if I had owned it at the time.)

Fiona Lindum
07-15-2010, 02:42 AM
First time out I wore a denim miniskirt, dark blue top, black tights and flat black shoes. I went into the local town and had a look round the shops.

RachelHawke
07-15-2010, 02:58 AM
I like the very natural and casual look-- so I'd probably say either blue jeans or (having just realized that with a proper shave ive got some magnificent legs) some shorts-- with some kind of shirt that doesnt pay the shoulders too much, maybe something to hide my stomach better or i can just suck it in, maybe low cut if i can get a more natural cleavage look going.

Maryesther M.
07-15-2010, 03:17 AM
In my thirties I was very active in Am-Dram/music/choral and I suppose these instances don't really count as CD-ing.

In a '20s,30s,40s show I appeared on a long slinky pencil gown with a hip-high slit and a long shaved nylon-clad leg showing, bolero jacket, blonde wig & tall hat, lit from above standing beside a street lamp on stage as Lilly Marleine and sang 'underneath the lamplight...' That was when I discovered I was size 14!

The next one was at a fancy dress ball. My spouse & I dressed up as Porgy & Bess. We blacked up and she was Porgy on her knees with the pads & I was Bess in a gollywog wig and long full colourful dress with a wide waistband holding up my chest padding. We won the prize given for the best 'dressed' couple!
But that wasn't CD-ing in the real sense.

NatalieBliss
07-15-2010, 04:04 AM
Blue dress with geometric pattern, black leggings with a criss-cross pattern and heels that went from big black poka-dots to smaller than just white. Looking back it was a little busy, but I'll remember the night for the rest of my life!

SheriM
07-15-2010, 07:57 AM
This is for Tasha - you said that maybe the skirt was a little short. I looked at your pics. The white skirt is just right, as is the denim skirt. You look great in them - a GG for sure.
Don't like the black skirt however. For whatever reason, it seems to give you away.
SheriM

fireflyespiritus
07-18-2010, 11:07 AM
I wore a pair of flare jeans and a grey babydoll t-shirt with a black jacket. I think the shoes I had on were some plain black skate shoes.

Sarah Doepner
07-18-2010, 01:45 PM
I wore a Beautiful full peasant skirt, long sleeve top and a very loose knit sweater. By the time I was 10 minutes away from my room I discovered the skirt was too big and was slipping off my hips and my shoes were giving me blisters. My homemade breast forms were leaking out from under my bra and a blast of wind as I went out the door messed up my wig. I thought I was being stared at, followed, scaring small children and attracting packs of wild dogs.

When I got back to my room I was so relieved that I swore I'd never do it again. In those shoes, with that ugly skirt or those forms. Within the hour I had changed into black slacks, different shoes, a new bra and a nice blouse and headed back out the door.

It's gotten better since then. I no longer attract packs of wild dogs.

CallMeMeg
07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Now that I'm back home, my first outfit was the one in the picture. (October 2004)

http://c-ease.com/full-length-crop-sm.jpg

Jaclyn NM
07-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I wore a knee length black skirt, a burgandy satin blouse, barely black stockings, and 4 1/2 inch stiletto pumps. And it was wonderful!

Paisley GG
07-18-2010, 04:27 PM
...It's gotten better since then. I no longer attract packs of wild dogs.

OMG that was so funny...I love that sense of haha!

Maria in heels
07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
my very first time out was a lovely black/white sundress and a strappy pair of black leather high heels...wish I still could fit that dress! I was about 15 at the time..

PamelaGirl
07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
The first time out I went to a shopping plaza. I wore slacks and a blouse but also it was in cooler weather and I wore a hoodie with the hood up to cover myself up as much as I could. I also wore gloves over my hands. I was quite nervous and I thought if I was covered up as much as I could I would be less afraid. It turned out fine.

Rebecca W.
07-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I know that there are at least a thousand more replies by the number of viewings! :) Please tell us your stories. I am the worst person at opening up and this wonderful forum has has changed that for me in a very positive way. Let it out, we will embrace your thoughts and not judge you.

Samantha B L
07-18-2010, 07:30 PM
I used to wear a pink motif silky polyester top with a "roaring twenties" period picture design on it and polyster bell bottum pants. That was years ago.

Barbara Jo
07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok, since it was asked....

The first time out in publc (other than to some safe, CD functions) was to a shopping mall (way) out of town.
It was many years ago in winter.

After checking into a motel. I got dressed. I was going for a feminine, executive, secretary, classy look.

White hipster nylon panties and a white semi sheer bra, with breast forms of course.
Beige thigh high nylons.

A black, slightly below the knee lined, "pencil" skirt.
A white semi sheer blouse.
Black, sensible, 2 inch heel shoes.

Since it was winter, I wore my faux lepard "fur" coat.

I felt fantastic and had a great time at the mall! :)

unclejoann
07-19-2010, 08:18 AM
I wore a conservative black dress to very accepting bar. I realize now that I didn't fit in because of the dress because it was knee length and the skirts others were wearing were much higher. But I am a pretty conservative dresser, so l even now like that dress.

The one thing that I didn't like about what I was wearing was the hair. That wig was just not me and it is now stuffed in a box somewhere, haven't worn it in a long time.

The important thing about that first time was that I chatted with a lot of people and really had a nice time.

Ashlee
07-19-2010, 08:31 AM
I've been "out" a few times if you count going outside during my photo/makeover sessions w/Jamie Austin. I guess to omply with the thread my very first time out as Ashlee was during one of my makeover sessions, I wore what you see in the pic I have on my profile.

A brown skirt, white blouse, white 3"heels, Victorias Secret pantyhose and thong, I was corseted up. I remember the experience well and where I stood and the busy road Jamie's studio was on are like 30' apart. Lots of people were looking over at me (I'm in a parking lot) and (the best part) a guy driving by in a pickup truck did a double take and yelled "whooo yeah baby!!" while honking the horn (if only he knew!!) I guess from at least that distance and in daylight - I passed.

mklinden2010
07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
First time out? You mean like nearly 30 years ago?

Well, without any planning or much thought...

A dark plaid skirt, sweater top, rather dark hose, standard pumps, black handbag, short wig, earrings, make-up, bangles, etc. It all actually went together fairly well, at the time.

Must have been a sturdy outfit too. Kind of a "working girl" kind of bit in the early 80s and it was a "go to" thing for a while. Yeah, very comfortable and sturdy to wear about.

Thinking about it, I can't imagine why more people don't just do what they want.

Some clothes work for anybody.

5150 Girl
07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, again, if were not counting Holoween outtings, then, this....
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/wynonna302/Wynonna/a1.jpg

lemoignes
07-20-2010, 02:58 AM
My first time out I wore a green hooded coat.

Regina
07-20-2010, 07:52 AM
First time out was a black leather skirt,black lace top, lace stockings and black pumps.....and the worst red/auburn colored wig you ever saw. I have no pictures from the event (thankfully!) but I still have everything but the wig, it only lasted six months...looked good on the model when I bought it but not me.

Regina

Angiemead12
07-20-2010, 08:30 AM
A few months ago before my birthday! Have not gone out since... It was dinner with my significant other! She decided to take Angie out. It was the best night of my life!

On the way home a friend pulled up to the drivers side of the car, it was a good thing my significant other was driving or else I would have been called out! And I thought we had a remote enough area!!! This country is to small.

Anyway I was wearing jeans, a conservative top, black patent stiletos, and a cute clutch.

For my birthday party I wore green number with gold open toes heels this and had all my close friends over!

Its been a while and Im itching to go out again! To think I was just in Thailand as well for work!

Pythos
07-20-2010, 11:54 AM
My first time out in "public" wearing fem clothing was Rocky Horror.

My attire consisted from under to outerwear, a pair of black control top pantyhose, moderate heeled sandals, a lace backed, black spandex minidress that stopped about an inch above my knees, blonde wig, and dark Gothic makeup.

It was very very fun, and what was really funny is while in that get up, I learned quickly how to walk in heels, how it felt to have only hose under a mini dress (first time out in a dress, had worn long skirts out and about for clubbing), and honestly what fun it was to wear such an outfit. I also found myself more attracted to the females of the audience. Could have gotten in a lot of trouble those days. LOL

Ashley Jade
07-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I haven't made it as far to go out in public yet, but I think when I do it's going to be casual. Some tight bell-bottom jeans and a cute top...with make-up and wig of course!

michellebesweet
07-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I always remember my first time out, because i did not have this forum back then to remind me of things and to get other girls advice. My first time I was real trashy looking. No respectable GG would have been wearing what I had on. I was wearing a very tight fitting short black mini skirt, tight red sweater showing alot of cleavage, 4" black heels, fishnet stockings, long hair wig, long finger nails and lots of makeup. I went to this club, but I did not talk with anyone. This Police officer, working the club, kept walking around me and looking at me. He then went over to his buddies and then they all started talking and looking at me. At that point I thought to myself, I better get out of here before I get into some trouble. I walked out the door and my truck was not far away, but as soon as I got in my truck the officer walked out the door and was looking around. I just know he was looking for me. I sloped down in the seat where he could not see me. Moments later, another police car pulls in front the club with his lights on, and they both start looking around. I was so nervous, like a scared little lost girl. I had to wait until they both left and wait awhile to start my truck and get out of that parking lot before it was clear. Never Again will i go out wearing something like that. I have since learned my lesson.

jessica renee
07-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I wore a dark blue women's tee shirt, black women's jeans, and some brown and pink slip on shoes. Of course I was also wearing bra and panties underneath. No makeup or wig, don't know if I passed or not but don't remember any strange looks and no one said anything to me.

Karen_Ski
07-25-2010, 04:06 PM
The first time! OMG that was so long ago! It was 1972 and I was in college. I went home for a few daYs to watch the house while my parents went on a tRIP . I had thought about doing this for a while and had everything ready. I wore a red mini skirt, white bodysuit and white patent leather knee high boots with a platinum blonde wig. I ended up just driving around a bit and walkng around the neighborhood after dark but it still excites me to see where I was and where I am.

Inna
07-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Well in the same thread I have posted:

OK, I feel like a school girl on the first day of the first class of the first year of school. Long story short I never been out. But if I may I believe I will put on some tight boot cut jeans, nice belt, soft feminine tshirt, maybe heels or just flats and go to town to be maamed allover

Well I did go out thanks to some wonderful girl from here by the name of Raquelle C. and few other lovely girls and had a tremendous time out. Guess what was I wearing?
Yee, just what I thought, my description in the original post.
I got some lovely canvas flats on the blue/grayish side with nice pink inset and pink laces. Dark blue boot cut jeans with black and silver ring belt. Loose fitting black long sleeve T. I also had 3row pearl bracelet and gold 2" earnings.

Karen Jane
07-25-2010, 07:27 PM
It was Jamuary 1978 and I had made a resolution to take that step out the door. I tried several nights but kept chickening out. Then one evening it was pleasant, probably 40 degrees (well for January in Detroit that is plaeasnt) and I decided this would be the night. I had on a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, a heavy pink cowl neck sweater, and a pair of brown knee high leather boots with my blonde Farrah Fawcett wig. I only took the garbage out at first, I lived in an apartment, but I did take two more strolls to my car as well as standing outside on the balcony to have a cigarette. Not a very brave beginning but we all have to start somewhere.

paulcduk
07-27-2010, 08:25 AM
My first time out in public was encouraged by my older sister, she is a year older than me and had caught me dressing about a couple of years earlier.

she was in a very large school, while i was being sent to a boarding school ( i was being sent there because of dressing, i still remember all the chats with the child psychologist). At the start of her new term i was due to start a week later, so she said i should have some fun. she encouraged me to attend her school in her old uniform, and we would tell them that i was new to the area, i was about 11 so my voice had yet to break, so i was the most passable i have ever been.

it was an amazing week where nobody noticed any different and i made some great gg freinds,

cdterri
07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
1960, snuck my mothers tan 2 piece dress with full pleaded skirt out of the house, waited until dark, went to a playhouse that belonged to a neighbor, changed and took a walk down the street. passed a schoolmates house and he was sitting on the frt. steps. He called out to me several times to come over and talk. I was scared to death and took off running, hiding behind houses and garages. finally made it back to the playhouse and changed clothes, swore I would never go in public again, but of course that did not last too long.

Karen__Starr
07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
My first time out was over thirty years ago but do remember wearing a mid length dress, panty hose and flats. I went shopping for clothes at a mall and once inside everyone was looking at me (thought I was made) but later found out it was because I was smoking (this was back when you could smoke in the mall but not in the stores) and would guess it was because I was very nervous.

flic
07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
I first went out a few years ago at uni. I went to the uni library in skinny jeans, pumps, a jumper and a scarf and i looked,,,,,,well rubbish really. But that wasn't the point at the time, i needed to get out and about and get some sort of recognition and validation for Flic. Looking back it was pretty silly, i could have run into soo many people from uni, and i probably wasn't totally ready to be 'out' yet,,,but i think in some sad way it was a bit of a cry out from a lonely person!! Fortunately it was all good, i went in, got on with a few bits and left shaking like a leaf! I am now out to most of my friends, so it's all good, zoom zoom!
x flic x

TGMarla
07-29-2010, 10:44 AM
I wore this very nice yet simple sage green dress with black pumps.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2432/3582036858_df0b3061cf_o.jpg

marisa
07-29-2010, 10:59 AM
my first time going out (outside of halloween) i wore my favorite 4" boots, a pair of parisuco jeans that fit me almost perfectly, a soft long sleeve v-neck sweater from suzy cher. and of course my wig, a small tan leather purse, matching ear rings and necklace and makeup.

Imogen_Mann
07-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I think (excepting creeping about on my own few times...) that if / when it happens I'll be wearing something plain, simple and above all... Something I feel very comfortable in. I want as little stress as possible and personal comfort really helps keep stress down.

Pipi
07-30-2010, 05:34 AM
I dressed up as a little devil in Halloween.

Red Heels, red corsett, red wig and some tiny horns. Otherwise black skirt and stockings. I had a lot of fun.

But besides a costume event I havn't gone out en femme so far.

Christina89
07-31-2010, 01:07 AM
i once wore a pair of panties to my local library. but that was the only time i have been out with anything femme on

Stephanie-L
07-31-2010, 08:58 AM
It was about 6 or 7 years ago, when I had the chance to travel by car to another city alone. I wore a bright pink top with a white cami under it, a white full length skirt, white sandles, wig, makeup,bra and forms, etc. I know I did not pass well because I stopped at a mall in a smallish city and walked through and got made at least twice, people laughing, a group of teen boys following me, etc. I hope I have gotten better since then....Stephanie

Tora
07-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Dress to blend in, ops! I forgot most good lookin GG's don't shop in a skirt and pumps. Oh well, Tall Girl Shop, tan knee length shirt, tan hose and cotton long sleeve blouse. I was trying for the just left work look.

Another formal Detroit Crossroad Dinner at upscale hotel, long slim blue formal dress, with corset and all the nice lingerie.

This stuff is habit forming, and Fun.

Toni_Lynn
07-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Two answers here .... the first time I ever wore any girls clothes in public, I was 13 and I was simply underdressed, wearing only my training bra and panties. A most superb experience that had me smiling all day long.

15 years later though I was in full femme. I bought a denim skirt that I had hemmed up a bit -- it was knee length and I took it to tailor to get 2 or 3 inches taken up. (sidenote - I told him it was for my girlfriend.) I had a white blouse cause I wanted to see my bra straps. The rest was normal stuff, bra, cotton bikini panties, panty-hose, heels. Went to a local mall and to K Mart. It was great trying on things. Bought a bikini. And then --- I went to the food court to buy a coke. A snotty teenage girl read me, and I was so flustered that I drove back to my hotel crying and literally stayed in bed sleeping and depressed from 3PM Saturday until 9AM Sunday. I purged big time the next day. I was back at it 2 months later. :)

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Frédérique
08-01-2010, 05:23 PM
What would you wear or have worn for your first time out in public?

I would dress, indeed have dressed, very conservatively, trying not to stick out in the ocean of t-shirts and shorts that passes for “wardrobe” these days. It’s a balancing act, but infinitely fun to address, if only for my own amusement…

I wear a skirt and a blouse most often, maybe a sweater or a blazer (if it’s cool enough), simple shoes, the usual hosiery, very elegant and restrained jewelry, a simple pocketbook, and maybe a scarf to restrain my artificial hair. The skirt (or dress) is of modest length – the idea is to not look out of place, for someone my age, in public. Indeed, if I was younger I would dress to look older. I saw the ideal approximation of my “look” at a bookstore years ago, so I keep that vision in mind when I construct my own presentation. The woman in question (on that day) stood out to ME, but she certainly blended-in and was elegantly underwhelming. I also wear glasses to look rather bookish, which is an accurate depiction of what’s going on under the surface. A little makeup and lipstick, plus some modest breastforms, complete my public “uniform.” If you see me, you wouldn’t look twice, which is the whole idea. I’m self-contained…:battingeyelashes: