PDA

View Full Version : Back online, after six tough weeks. Dressing again!

Alice Torn
07-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone. Last time i wrote, is when i locked myself out of my motel room, and had to go ask for another key, all dressed up, in Montana. After six weeks, I finally found a little place to stay , ten miles from my dad, and five blocks from my mom with Alzheimers, in a nursing home. The woman next door, is very much of an eccentric loner, and i let her know about my dressing. She has no problen with it, and even got to see me model some dresses, and took photos! She is a very controlling person, though. But, next, will be to see if i have the guts, to be a lady in front of men! From a distance i have, but, not really close by. I hope to go to some concerts in the park, next week, in another town, Dekalb Illinois. It has been so hot and humid, though,that wearing hose is no fun in the heat. There are more important things than dressing, though, to deal with, including great back pain, helping my parents, though I need to be good to me, too. One day at a time. Sometimes, one second.

Nikki A.
07-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Don't wear hose, GGs don't in the heat.

sterling12
07-14-2010, 06:56 PM
I've noticed something! Your certainly not The First Person on These Forums who takes on The Responsibility of caring for Aging Parents. I did it for my Folks, because I was down here, and My Sisters chose to stay in St. Louis. And, We also just had a Case where our Trans Care Giver was trying to deal with her Aging Father, who was in her care, but driving her crazy! I've named just a few examples of many, many, more than come up with Regularity on these Pages.

Anyway, it "seems" as if there are many of us who are doing The Traditional Job of The Eldest Daughter. There are probably a lot of Reasons why that is, but I think that we are doing that job in a much higher percentage, than The Rest of The Male Population.

Could it be that somehow, some of The "Care-Giver" Persona has rubbed off on Us? Perhaps over The Years, our Femme Side has become strong enough to take on this Task? I don't have actual Clinical Proof, but it's an Interesting Idea.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Christina Horton
07-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Glad to have you back.

Your like I was once. I was not wanting to wear anything that showed my legs or my shoulders. I am not as tall as you. :heehee: not by a long shot. I'm only 5 foot 10 in and you like what 6/6 or close.

The way I look at it is this. There going to read you anyway so who cares if they see you sooner rather then later. When you a t like you belong there as you are dressed the. They will fell that and treat you like lady.

I want into a bar (the day before my 20 th highschool reunion) and there were like 10 or 15 bikers in there that I had to walk pasted. One held the door for me as I went in and that was nice. Some people treat me like there not sure to call me sir or miss but they sti treat me right.

I have read your posts and you so hung up on being so tall that I just want to toto your house and get you all does up and drag to out. If you really try and not care you'll find it's so much better then you ever thought.

Like for me I just went to my cuz's birthday party (I wrote about it and put in pics) and I have never felt more fem. Why well I was the only CD there and there were more girls there treating me like one of the girls. I had so much fun that I still fell girlly today and it was last Saturday.

My point is. STOP worrieing what other people will think and go have fun and be the girl you want and need to be. I know you can do it. Look at me I'm far from passing and I am treated like a lady so can you.

So dress for the warm weather and shave your legs and go without hose and show the men your girl is stronger them they'll ever be!!!!!!:tongueout

BLUE ORCHID
07-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Welcome back T T L

You are a good person you will be rewarded.

Orchid

Presh GG
07-18-2010, 11:54 PM
Missed you Louise!

I'm glad you've found your balance.
Sorry your back hurts, I hope you can see a good chiropractor.

Best,
Presh GG

PS
I hope your cats are well in that heat !

SuzanneBender
07-18-2010, 11:59 PM
I think Joaine is onto something. I watched over my Dad, whom I never got along with growing up, for the last years of his life.

Louise its good to have you back! Take care of that back and stay off the heels until its better. Take good care of your parents but make sure you make plenty of time for yourself. And for goodness sake show off those legs! Stay away from hose in the summer heat. :hugs:

Tina B.
07-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Welcome Back Louise, glad to hear you found yourself a place, and with a neighbor you can dress in front of. I stopped wearing nylons a month ago, it's not so bad. A sun dress really doesn't need them.
Tina B.