PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Running In A Skirt!

Persephone
07-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I finally did it!

Inspired by Skirt Sports (http://www.skirtsports.com/) and their Skirt Chaser 5k races, I've been trying to get up my courage to do my morning run/walk in a running skirt.

It's taken me about a year and a half of having a couple of running skirts in my wardrobe, but today was the day I finally did it!

We were talking about my morning run/walk at dinner last night and I admitted that I had never gotten up the courage to wear one of my running skirts.

My son said, "You might just want to wear shorts under a skirt if you're going to go running."

I said, "The skirt has shorts built in."

He said, "There you go. So what are you waiting for?"

So this morning I wore my beige Izod running skirt with a green tanktop.

I don't believe it garnered any extra attention, although I'm not quite sure. Was I getting just a bit more notice from the drivers on the streets? Was traffic just a nanosecond slower at the crossings? Hard to tell.

I did seem to get one yell from someone in a landscaping truck, but it was in unintelligible Spanish, so I'm not sure of what he might have been saying.

It was different from running in shorts. The undershorts in the running skirt are lighter than regular shorts, so it definitely feels cooler and more breezy. And the hem of my skirt was at just the height that I could feel it more than an ordinary skirt as it swung back and forth.

Kinda fun, and definitely a girly thing to do!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/RunningSkirt.jpg
Particularly terrible picture, but I was in a rush.

msniki48
07-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Good for you sweet heart! you seem to be making strides every day...and they all seem to be moving forward.

I am very happy for you hun.:battingeyelashes::hugs:

VeronicaStyles
07-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Good for you Hun,

I had a similar experience, I decided to go running with a spandex sports bra and pink booty shorts, after a lot of shaving and confidence building, I went out for a run. It wasn't as fun as I thought though, my breasts form kept slipping to the center of my chest, also the wig made my head super hot, it ruined the wig also. But it was interesting'

Teresa Ann
07-14-2010, 06:10 PM
That picture looks like a lady Executive going for a run before she goes into the office, keep your chin up girl. I might have to get one, they look so cute, That is why I watch the LPGA but never the PGA... it has to be the skirts!

~Trudy~
07-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Good for you! What a nice thing for your son to say, too.

I agree with Veronica, running isn't the sport for us, as Nutmeg calls, the "follically-challenged".

A scooter ride in the neighborhood sans helmet is what I'm dreaming of. Not much effort required to twist the handlebar grip.

victoriamwilliams1
07-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Wow! Another greeat adventure and your son was right I would have said the same:)

sissystephanie
07-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Persephone, you are definitely my kind of girl!! I have been doing my morning jogs in skorts like yours for several years. No one seems to pay any attention to me!! Of course they don't pay any attention to me when I am out in a regular skirt either. I was wearing skorts before I really got into wearing regular skirts, so I have a lot of them. Some of them, especially the ones from SkirtSports, are made for running or jogging. Very light, even with the shorts/panties, underneath. I also have matching tops to a lot of them!

JenniferB
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
try running in heels and then you've really done something. :heehee:

Nicole Erin
07-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Skirt and tennies.
I think I will fire the cap gun, then you and katespade take off running, see who is faster in a skirt and tennies. :heehee:

Persephone
07-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Persephone, you are definitely my kind of girl!! I have been doing my morning jogs in skorts like yours for several years. No one seems to pay any attention to me!! Of course they don't pay any attention to me when I am out in a regular skirt either. I was wearing skorts before I really got into wearing regular skirts, so I have a lot of them. Some of them, especially the ones from SkirtSports, are made for running or jogging. Very light, even with the shorts/panties, underneath. I also have matching tops to a lot of them!

Hi Stephanie!

Thank you for your message of encouragement and support. It's great to hear from another morning runner/walker/jogger!

The running skirts that I have are from Izod (I always get a kick out of them being a sportwear company since they were founded as a corset company, specializing in extremely tight corsets). I'd love to try the running skirts from SkirtSports, but have to get used to these first! It still feels a bit surreal to be deliberately running in a skirt without being chased!

Speaking of which, have you thought of entering one of SkirtSports SkirtChaser 5k's? Now that sounds like fun!

Skirt and tennies.
I think I will fire the cap gun, then you and katespade take off running, see who is faster in a skirt and tennies. :heehee:

Great idea, Nicole! Dilane and Stephanie are also runners, so we could have at least a four-way skirt run. But instead of tennies, can we wear our high-priced exotic running shoes?

Jennifer, one of my GG friends says "If you're gonna wear heels in L.A. you'd better be able to run in them!"

Hugs,
Persephone.

JenniferB
07-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Jennifer, one of my GG friends says "If you're gonna wear heels in L.A. you'd better be able to run in them!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9knBmhhiM9A

jenifer m.
07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
i love skorts i have two pair and i walk my dog at night in them.walked right by people going the other direction and they never even notice.very fun.

spivey
07-22-2010, 07:03 AM
A very nice look. Have a great run.