PDA

View Full Version : Burlesque class week 2

Heisthebride
07-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I was a little more brave last night. During our second class my wife and I came in during warm ups. The instructor asked if I brought my bra and I said yes. Some of the girls in class gave me a "Woo Hoo!". After warm ups we all put on our bras and gloves and heels to learn our new routine. Everyone was so intent on learning their parts no one paid me any mind. I did pretty well for having no dancing experience. I do need to practice though, we won't practice that step again until the dress rehearsal for our end of class showcase. I don't want to ruin it for the rest of the class.

One girl did ask me if I planned on being in the show at the end of class. I said I thought so. She said that was awesome and I was a real trooper. Next week is the chair dance and stockings.

This is turning out to be really fun.

wtb Jessica
07-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Thats good to hear. Really hope all goes well for you in the class. Keep us infromed as to what is going on.

Mirani
07-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Do you get a make-up class? Burlesque seems to have a vintage flavour.

~Trudy~
07-14-2010, 04:12 PM
This all sounds so awesome. I asked our good friend who is an accomplished belly dancer to help my wife get started. She emailed me that she wanted to get a class together made up of just her friends for her to do free lessons. I haven't heard from her lately, because I think my resultant enthusiasm scared her away, like maybe she was afraid I was going to join in, not that I even hinted at it. But you have inspired me to do just that!

Congratulations on your courageous foray!

Heisthebride
07-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the support. I would suggest trying it if you have the oppotunity.

There is no make up class. Even the costuming is bring what you have. The classes focus mostly on dance routines. Struts, shimmies, peeling, pops, engaging the audience...that sort of stuff.

DanaR
07-15-2010, 01:20 AM
This is very cool. Keep us up to date, it sounds like fun.

tricia_uktv
07-15-2010, 01:34 AM
I did a few burlersque classes when I first came out. The effects are still with me so what you are doing is brilliant.

You have to be really sultry for the chair dance :)

Go girl go!

Persephone
07-15-2010, 01:39 AM
I love what you are doing! Totally awesome!