PDA

View Full Version : Totally Insane! Skydiving W/No 'Chute, No Net

Persephone
07-15-2010, 02:21 AM
O.K., now I've gone and done it. Could be skydiving without a 'chute, could be scuba diving in the Pink Sea©, whatever it is, I think I just transcended my own expectations, maybe blew the top off of my personal pressure cooker.

Last week my spouse and I were at a meeting at my congregation, where I was basically in "high androgeny," a pose I've kinda taken with that particular group (click here if you want more on that story) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119189&highlight=auxillary).

There was a woman I know sitting at our table. Her outfit included symbols that I recognized as signs of membership in a particular women-only group. It is a group that I have always dreamed of joining.

When I commented on her lovely outfit, she said that it included symbols of membership in that group and I said, "Oh! I've always thought it would be great fun to be a member!"

She said, "Maybe you and your spouse should join us! I'm the group leader. We're meeting next Wednesday night for dinner."

I said "Thanks! We'd love to!" and went back around the table to where my spouse was sitting.

A few minutes later she motioned me over. When I slid into the seat next to her she said, "There's a problem. It's a women only group. I can't put your name on the roster."

I kinda hemmed and hawed a bit and finally said, "I have another name."

She smiled and said, "And what would that be?"

So I dove in and told her my femme name.

We spent a few minutes discussing how I've been transgendered my entire life and how I could present as a woman. I also told her that she would be seeing a completely different person and that I would be very embarrassed if she told others that I didn't exactly belong to the group. She said she understood.

She then said, "O.K., see you Wednesday!"

Today was that Wednesday.

My spouse and I dressed up for the occassion, a dinner get-together at a local restaurant, drove over, and joined the other 14 ladies for dinner.

About 5 of them are women who probably recognize my spouse and my en drab persona and I swear to you, I apparently passed as my own twin sister!

At one point, our leader came over and quietly whispered to me, "You were so right! You really are a totally different person!"

At the end of the evening, my spouse and I turned in our dues for the year!

Now, I guess we'll see what happens when some of these ladies encounter my spouse and her husband, my twin brother, under other circumstances. I'm kinda dreading that part!

~Trudy~
07-15-2010, 06:24 AM
That's the most exciting story I've read in a long time -- my heart has been skipping beats! What courage, and what a payoff!

I just think it's so beautiful, and I'm so pleased for you. It must feel like a major milestone and given you a new level of comfort in your feminine self.

Majorly Impressed,
Trudy

victoriamwilliams1
07-15-2010, 06:34 AM
That was a nice story and I guess your "twin" brother will have to hear how nice his sister was:)

Persephone
07-15-2010, 10:54 AM
That was a nice story and I guess your "twin" brother will have to hear how nice his sister was:)

Wow! I hadn't even thought about it that way!

Thanks Victoria! I guess I'll find out!

Christina Horton
07-15-2010, 11:08 AM
That's the kind of thing we all dream of. Being in a WOMEN'S only club and being treated just like all the other girls. I am so happy for you ,and jealous of you right now . LOL. But in a good way. You must either pass very well or they see the women in you and are fine with it. Keep up updated hun.

I expect to see and updated after every weekly meet.

Kathi Lake
07-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Barbara, tell me; As you progress further and further down this slip n' slide, how are you feeling? I'll tell you what I see. I see a person that is getting more and more comfortable - more and more happy - in a role that they were essentially born to play.

I take great joy in watching you. I sit back, smile, and almost get a contact high from the estrogen cloud you're emanating. Way to go, sis!

:)

Kathi

kimdl93
07-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Another big step! As someone else mentioned above, it almost seems inevitable that sooner or later your twin brother is going to have to know. I admire your courage...and hope the family is equally courageous!

Shelly Preston
07-15-2010, 05:51 PM
I hope all the ladies accept you before finding out too much information about you

It could possibly cause problems for you and your wife

sterling12
07-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Does this mean you have to go purchase a bunch of Red Bonnets? I had heard someplace, that they might not be antagonistic to Trans People, at least in some Chapters.

Really quite a Big Step....your to be congratulated, but I think a bigger Congrat goes out to your Spouse. She had The Courage to support, and to be a part of This Adventure with you.

Peace and Love, Joanie

carrie-ann
07-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Congrats a.very big step. Like one other said beware if they find out. The deception may just back fire. I hope not for your case. I still say go for it. As long as there is no nudity involved with what your doing. If It's eastern star and they find out in can tell you it will be big trouble.

Rachel Morley
07-15-2010, 10:10 PM
OMG Barbara! ..... this has got to be the ultimate! Of all the things we girls do to validate our feminine selves ... to be accepted into a "women only" organization and be accepted as such, must be the very best of emotional highs! (it would be for me) :)

Hugs
Rachel

WendyH
07-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks for sharing your story--very heartwarming! Having experienced a similar acceptance in the women's group at my church, it's nice to hear that my experience isn't unique! :)

VeronicaMoonlit
07-16-2010, 10:19 AM
When I slid into the seat next to her she said, "There's a problem. It's a women only group. I can't put your name on the roster."I kinda hemmed and hawed a bit and finally said, "I have another name."
So I dove in and told her my femme name.We spent a few minutes discussing how I've been transgendered my entire life and how I could present as a woman.

Okaaay. I'm happy for you....but....I have mixed feelings about this. Personally, it wouldn't feel right to join a women-only group, no matter how much I like the group and it's goals, if I wasn't full time. For example, I joined up with the Linuxchix online group, a group that supports women in the overall Linux community, (men can join) but I haven't signed up for the women only e-mail list and I don't go into the women-only IRC channel, just the general one, because I"m not full-time yet. And....you are not currently transitioining, and as far as I know don't identify as a TS. Admittedly I would have fewer misgivings if you did. And yes, admittedly, I believe you are a TS who just simply is taking a little bit of time into psyching herself up into admitting that.

I also told her that she would be seeing a completely different person

At one point, our leader came over and quietly whispered to me, "You were so right! You really are a totally different person!"

I must admit that this bothers me. Personally, I'm the same person no matter how I present. I can gush about lippies in my "boy-clothes that aren't entirely boy-clothes", I can gush about computers in a dress.

Now, I guess we'll see what happens when some of these ladies encounter my spouse and her husband, my twin brother, under other circumstances. I'm kinda dreading that part!

I understand the feeling, though I think you should avoid the "twin brother" third person references and just refer to "femme mode" and "guy mode". There is only on you and YOU are your spouses husband no matter what you are wearing.

Veronica Rogers

PretzelGirl
07-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Barbara, you always seem to manage to push right through limits and without trepidation. A brave attitude. I am glad for you and I hope it keeps working out.