PDA

View Full Version : Do you like strong masculine men that can carry you and protect you?

seanmuscle
07-15-2010, 05:04 AM
If you like men it would be great to hear your input. Are you attracted to the knight in shining armor?

thank you

MiraM
07-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Nope. I am 6'1" and my man is 5'0".

joan47
07-15-2010, 06:07 AM
I know of at least8 cross dressers in the little town of Williamsburg

joannemarie barker
07-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Not bothered about being carried or protected.I like to look at muscular smooth tanned men though

kellycan27
07-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I am right at 5'-6.5" and 123 pounds and my b/f is 6'-3.5" an 220 pounds. It's hard to describe the feeling of walking next to him,holding his hand and looking up at him, standing on tip toe to hug his neck, to receive a kiss, or to practically disappear while in his embrace, and feeling exactly that...safe and protected. I could go on and on.:heehee: I guess Im in love:daydreaming:

Kel

joannemarie barker
07-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I am right at 5'-6.5" and 123 pounds and my b/f is 6'-3.5" an 220 pounds. It's hard to describe the feeling of walking next to him,holding his hand and looking up at him, standing on tip toe to hug his neck, to receive a kiss, or to practically disappear while in his embrace, and feeling exactly that...safe and protected. I could go on and on.:heehee: I guess Im in love:daydreaming:

Kel

aaaaaaaaaw so sweet :)

Kate Simmons
07-15-2010, 11:49 AM
I doubt I'd be all that wowed by a knight. I'd probably rather sword fight with him to see who was better.:)

Karen564
07-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Absolutely, I love strong masculine men, and still looking for my Knight in shinning armor.......:daydreaming:

I'm catching down to ya Kel, :heehee:
I measured in at 5' - 6.75" last night on the doc's scale!

kimdl93
07-15-2010, 12:30 PM
not really. I find toned males more attractive, but I can't say I've been attracted to real muscle men.

kellycan27
07-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I doubt I'd be all that wowed by a knight. I'd probably rather sword fight with him to see who was better.:)

Different strokes.... He can yield the sword, I am content holding his scabbard.:heehee:

Erika_girliegirl
07-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Yes. I like guys that can pick me up and twirl me around:)

kellycan27
07-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah...That too Erika :heehee:

Ze
07-15-2010, 03:15 PM
:noidea:

Nah, just messin'. I know everybody has their own tastes.

*puppy eyes* But nobody wants a young Dale Gribble?

Vickie_CDTV
07-15-2010, 03:22 PM
I am not attracted to men at all, but I would LOVE to have a girlfriend who made me feel that way.

A former girlfriend of mine was 6'3" and towered almost 8" over me (and was a bit bigger than I was at one time) and I absolutely loved it! I left so safe in her arms, I really miss feeling that way.

Carol123
07-15-2010, 03:32 PM
A average sweet guy who is gentle and loving does it for me:daydreaming:

Inna
07-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Any one who can carry me around, massage my feet, well....for sake of the argument give me full body massages, support, give toys, spoil me rotten, sleep on the couch when I am hormonal and still love me........ Please apply, oh please please, pretty please. I mean anyone!!!!!:D

suchacutie
07-15-2010, 03:44 PM
For me, in the duality that is my masculine and feminine sides, my masculine side IS the knight in shining armor. My feminine side wants a girl friend, and I guess that follows from the fact that Tina already has her knight in her masculine side...

life is so complex!!!
tina

Mi$$ Despair
07-15-2010, 03:46 PM
But nobody wants a young Dale Gribble?

LOL ;)

One of my bestest guy friends is 6' 2" and really muscular, he carried me more than once when I drank a little toooo much :/. Buys me roses and does nice things for me once in awhile but I could never date him or anyone else :(

FindingMe
07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
As much fun as a big strong knight in shining armour would be, I'm happy with my current man, who is about the same height, might be an inch or so taller max, and abit of a nerd (he likes trains, I like to tease him about trains, and unlike my ex, he takes it all in the good humour it's intended to be.)

Janice1948
07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
I love being with a masculine man. It gives me a tremendous feeling to be held by him, for him to hold my hand, whisper sweet nothings in my ear, well you get the picture. I'm only 5' 6" like a few of the other "girls" so I'm always looking up.

Mi$$ Despair
07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
But if I was attracted to men...Screw the guy in the shiny armor, I want the guy in black armor that takes his girl on dates that involve burning down villages :P LOL

pamela_a
07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
I'll take a knight, or bishop, or king. And yes, I'll take a pawn too. All he needs to do is truly and unconditionally love me.

Nicole Erin
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM
:noidea:

Nah, just messin'. I know everybody has their own tastes.

*puppy eyes* But nobody wants a young Dale Gribble?

Ze let's do this - when I clap twice, it means get your butt here in the room!

Maryesther M.
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
No. I'm a large muscular bloke myself and I find women attractive. I also like smal guys who can pull the 'femme' thing off well, but in a curious non sexual way.
Someone big enough to pick me up and whirl me round would be a serious hulk, indeed.

seanmuscle
07-17-2010, 03:44 AM

Kel

You definitely know how to make a man feel loved and masculine. Those are perfect proportions. Nice petite girl. It brings out a mans protective instinct.

Pythos
07-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Nope.

Do not need anyone to carry me, and protect me. Frankly I wish GGs would stop feeling that way too.

That being said, I think it would be quite comical to have my Elvira like image being carried by one of my GG friends, and having a pic taken. :)

Honestly though. I just don't go along with the notion women are weak. Yes they are not as strong as some men, but this is not always true.

The time I think they really need "protection" is when they are pregnant, and well into said pregnancy.

Other than that, lol, I know women that could wipe the floor with me if they wanted.

kellycan27
07-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Nope.

Do not need anyone to carry me, and protect me. Frankly I wish GGs would stop feeling that way too.

That being said, I think it would be quite comical to have my Elvira like image being carried by one of my GG friends, and having a pic taken. :)

Honestly though. I just don't go along with the notion women are weak. Yes they are not as strong as some men, but this is not always true.

The time I think they really need "protection" is when they are pregnant, and well into said pregnancy.

Other than that, lol, I know women that could wipe the floor with me if they wanted.

It's not so much being "physically" protected ,it's more along the lines of feeling protected from the every day rigors of being someone like myself. I feel "safe and protected" in that he accepts me part and parcel 100%..There are no secrets, and I can confide in him with anything that is on my mind without fear. My being a transsexual is not an issue with him. For example..I was a total basket case with the thought of meeting his friends and family over this past Christmas. We traveled to NH.. totally outside of my usual environment and way outside my "comfort zone". I have been 24/7 for close to eight years, and as a general rule, I am not intimidated when it comes to meeting new people, dealing with clients or just day to day living, but meeting his relatives was pretty scary. His acceptance of me coupled with his own self confidence as a man made it much easier for me. I knew that he had my back (so to speak)...This is the way it is and i don't want to hear any nonsense to the contrary. I can feel his embrace without him physically touching me and no matter if he is by my side or off somewhere else.:) As far as physical protection.. he's a surgeon so he needs to protect his hands, in the event of a physical confrontation, I would probably jump in between them in order to protect him..needlessly though as he can handle himself quite well..( He was a marine):heehee:

Kel

joannemarie barker
07-17-2010, 05:51 PM
It's not so much being "physically" protected ,it's more along the lines of feeling protected from the every day rigors of being someone like myself. I feel "safe and protected" in that he accepts me part and parcel 100%..There are no secrets, and I can confide in him with anything that is on my mind without fear. My being a transsexual is not an issue with him. For example..I was a total basket case with the thought of meeting his friends and family over this past Christmas. We traveled to NH.. totally outside of my usual environment and way outside my "comfort zone". I have been 24/7 for close to eight years, and as a general rule, I am not intimidated when it comes to meeting new people, dealing with clients or just day to day living, but meeting his relatives was pretty scary. His acceptance of me coupled with his own self confidence as a man made it much easier for me. I knew that he had my back (so to speak)...This is the way it is and i don't want to hear any nonsense to the contrary. I can feel his embrace without him physically touching me and no matter if he is by my side or off somewhere else.:)

Kel

sounds perfect Kelly,he is as lucky to have you as you are to have him :)

seanmuscle
07-19-2010, 03:32 AM
It's not so much being "physically" protected ,it's more along the lines of feeling protected from the every day rigors of being someone like myself. I feel "safe and protected" in that he accepts me part and parcel 100%..There are no secrets, and I can confide in him with anything that is on my mind without fear. My being a transsexual is not an issue with him. For example..I was a total basket case with the thought of meeting his friends and family over this past Christmas. We traveled to NH.. totally outside of my usual environment and way outside my "comfort zone". I have been 24/7 for close to eight years, and as a general rule, I am not intimidated when it comes to meeting new people, dealing with clients or just day to day living, but meeting his relatives was pretty scary. His acceptance of me coupled with his own self confidence as a man made it much easier for me. I knew that he had my back (so to speak)...This is the way it is and i don't want to hear any nonsense to the contrary. I can feel his embrace without him physically touching me and no matter if he is by my side or off somewhere else.:) As far as physical protection.. he's a surgeon so he needs to protect his hands, in the event of a physical confrontation, I would probably jump in between them in order to protect him..needlessly though as he can handle himself quite well..( He was a marine):heehee:

Kel

Girls should not be ashamed with liking physical protection from a man too. In reality guys are generally bigger and stronger than woman. It does not make men any better. Men and women are both equal but different and our biologies complement each other. Many genetic girls tell me they feel safe, protected and secure in the arms of a big, strong, man as long as he does not use his power to abuse her. I think society has taught many women to reject these natural feelings.

Ms Jennifer
07-19-2010, 03:50 AM
Looks and build are not as important to me as the attitude.He does not have to carry me away.Just treat me like a lady.

Joanne f
07-19-2010, 03:57 AM
I use to envy them when i was struggling to be a man :heehee: but never wanted one , but i now envy the muscular females as they have the best of both worlds (OK i am odd):heehee:

kellycan27
07-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Girls should not be ashamed with liking physical protection from a man too. In reality guys are generally bigger and stronger than woman. It does not make men any better. Men and women are both equal but different and our biologies complement each other. Many genetic girls tell me they feel safe, protected and secure in the arms of a big, strong, man as long as he does not use his power to abuse her. I think society has taught many women to reject these natural feelings.

I am not discounting the physically being able to protect me. he can certainly do that. And I am not unhappy about it. lol:hugs:

Kel

JulieK1980
07-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Definitely have to go with a solid, big YES to this thread.. ;)

kimberly ann487
07-19-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't need protection just friendship and respect. To be treated like a lady is key, for me.

ReineD
07-19-2010, 10:12 PM
If you like men it would be great to hear your input. Are you attracted to the knight in shining armor?

Yes, very much so. :daydreaming:

Stitch
07-20-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm tiny (5'1!) and not very strong at all, and I do find I am drawn to large men. 5'7 upwards. I have noticed though, that I'm not so much interested in proper man's man masculine personalities, but rather softer men. Gentle Giant's if you will. Perferably with some dorky/nerdy personality traits. :daydreaming:

I find it awkward really, as my personality is very fiery and as far as I'm concerned I can look after myself perfectly well.. and then I realise I'm small and suddenly running to a big pair of arms seems wonderful. I also enjoy being scooped up for cuddles.

kellycan27
07-20-2010, 01:41 AM
I can take care of myself also. I began living as a woman by myself, graduated college by myself, got a good job, bought a house,and established myself in the community by myself, and Iam not yet 30. I don't NEED to feel or be protected, but it can certainly be quite wonderful to have someone who can make me feel safe and protected. Someone to share with, and someone to stand beside me. And it's especially nice to have someone else in the driver's seat so I can sit back and enjoy the ride for a while. I get the impression from some that as Seanmuscle alluded to.. feel that accepting this is some kind of weakness...:strugglin

seanmuscle
07-20-2010, 02:03 AM
I can take care of myself also. I began living as a woman by myself, graduated college by myself, got a good job, bought a house,and established myself in the community by myself, and Iam not yet 30. I don't NEED to feel or be protected, but it can certainly be quite wonderful to have someone who can make me feel safe and protected. Someone to share with, and someone to stand beside me. And it's especially nice to have someone else in the driver's seat so I can sit back and enjoy the ride for a while. I get the impression from some that as Seanmuscle alluded to.. feel that accepting this is some kind of weakness...:strugglin

Exactly. I believe a lot of it comes from the feminist movement and womens empowerment. A lot of genetic girls feel insecure with traditionally feminine qualities and feelings. You are a strong and independent woman but are not afraid of embracing your feminine side in personal relationships.

It may be different for crossdressers because they are on average bigger and stronger than most genetic girls. Even a smaller woman such as yourself will be stronger because genetic males have more muscle mass pound for pound. So maybe these feelings for the masculine protective knight might be stronger in genetic girls who are traditionally petite and smaller than CDs. I agree with you Kelly. I wish more females were accepting of these feelings. Men in general are becoming less masculine because society looks down on it.

ReineD
07-20-2010, 09:30 AM
I believe a lot of it comes from the feminist movement and womens empowerment. A lot of genetic girls feel insecure with traditionally feminine qualities and feelings.

Although I agree that we GGs are now in the workforce and we do not need men to provide for our welfare (yes, the feminist movement did help with this), I totally disagree that we feel insecure with our femininity. :Angry3: I don't think you're in a position to make a judgment like this.

But we do object to being looked upon as chattel by men. This doesn't mean we also don't crave strong arms to go to and that we also don't wish to feel protected, especially since we are genetically engineered to bear the young. This is not something you can simply turn on and off.

Why do you think so many GGs have a hard time with the CDing? They also want men in their lives.

seanmuscle
07-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Although I agree that we GGs are now in the workforce and we do not need men to provide for our welfare (yes, the feminist movement did help with this), I totally disagree that we feel insecure with our femininity. :Angry3: I don't think you're in a position to make a judgment like this.

But we do object to being looked upon as chattel by men. This doesn't mean we also don't crave strong arms to go to and that we also don't wish to feel protected, especially since we are genetically engineered to bear the young. This is not something you can simply turn on and off.

Why do you think so many GGs have a hard time with the CDing? They also want men in their lives.

Hi, you are obviously strong and confident in your identity. But just remember everybody has different upbringings and life experiences and social conditioning. They may feel a certain way but are afraid to express it because society deems it as weak, ie: many women are looked down upon for wanting to be a stay at home mom when she has the choice to work or not, or wanting their strong macho man. Women like you have just the right balance.

ReineD
07-21-2010, 01:41 AM
The world of women is too vast to even begin discussing all the reasons why a woman would want to stay home to raise a family, or work, or the reasons she will dress the way she does. But I can assure you that women don't run away from their femininity, no matter how they spend their days, or how they choose to dress, or who they are attracted to.

But I have noticed many times that the definition for femininity among some members of this forum is very narrow.

JulieK1980
07-21-2010, 08:57 AM
The world of women is too vast to even begin discussing all the reasons why a woman would want to stay home to raise a family, or work, or the reasons she will dress the way she does. But I can assure you that women don't run away from their femininity, no matter how they spend their days, or how they choose to dress, or who they are attracted to.

But I have noticed many times that the definition for femininity among some members of this forum is very narrow.

I think its so narrow, because we spend our lives trying to fit our own mental image of what a woman is, or should be. A lot of people have a lot of difficulty separating their own "ideal" with the reality, that it's a large part of population, and impossible to peg into the narrow confines of our stereotypes. It takes a conscious effort to think of a bigger picture with all the variability of people. It's probably not a whole lot different than why people stereotype any group of people.

It does seem contradictory though, as you would think that many of us Crossdressers would be better equipped to empathize with women, but it appears more difficult for many.

I find it very odd, whenever I come across a post on here that reeks of chauvanism (sp?) personally I would think our desires to emulate and dress as women would make us allies in any "feminist" movement, but the opposite appears true.

Hannah_Rose
07-21-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm not interested in men lol and i pretty much could handle my own, I'm 6+ft and a good ***lbs haha but if i was a woman, yes i'd say that would be nice :) and stitch i'm basically exactly what you described, :o well, when im in my normal clothes haha

michellebesweet
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I would absolutely love it. I would just be like putty in his arms. I would have just died and gone to heaven. This girl would love a strong man just hugging me and protecting me.

seanmuscle
07-22-2010, 02:58 AM

I believe women in general have certain natural feminine qualities that are socialized out of them in modern times. The same thing is happening with men except in reverse. We are a product of both our genes and the environment.

ReineD
07-22-2010, 03:08 AM
I believe women in general have certain natural feminine qualities that are socialized out of them in modern times.The same thing is happening with men except in reverse.

It is certainly your prerogative to define femininity as you wish. If you want to believe that a woman is only feminine if she is in the kitchen wearing heels, skirt, and an apron, then so be it. If you also want to believe that men are emasculated when they change diapers, help with the housework, and share their feelings with their wives, this is fine too.

I know how difficult it is to keep up with the times.

But earlier you said that women feel insecure with their femininity. You could not be more wrong about this. Women who work and wear slacks feel just as feminine as those who don't.

seanmuscle
07-24-2010, 10:55 PM
It is certainly your prerogative to define femininity as you wish. If you want to believe that a woman is only feminine if she is in the kitchen wearing heels, skirt, and an apron, then so be it. If you also want to believe that men are emasculated when they change diapers, help with the housework, and share their feelings with their wives, this is fine too.

I know how difficult it is to keep up with the times.

But earlier you said that women feel insecure with their femininity. You could not be more wrong about this. Women who work and wear slacks feel just as feminine as those who don't.

I am not defining femininity as I wish. There is biological basis that females on a whole have certain personality traits that are imprinted from birth that lead to certain behaviors. A lot of it is based on hormones and brain structure. Especially in the western world it is socialized out of females due to the womens empowerment and ball busting attitude imposed on females. Not all females are the same but there are differences in general between males and females. I feel deep down some women are not being true to their natural feminine feelings because they are trying to conform to society.

I can see you will disagree but I think you get my idea. I respect your opinion though.

ReineD
07-24-2010, 11:14 PM
I am not defining femininity as I wish.

Especially in the western world it is socialized out of females due to the womens empowerment and ball busting attitude imposed on females.

Sean, what you don't understand is that you are defining femininity as a woman who takes on societal roles pre-feminism. What I'm saying is that a woman is just as feminine today as she was during the 50s, even if she wears slacks and has a high powered exec job (which few women have, BTW). She still will want to be married, to have kids if she can. And she won't feel less feminine about herself because she has a brain and she uses it. :)

Times have changed ... in the workforce there is less of a gender gap than there was 60 years ago. And the gap had to narrow. In our economy, most couples do need two salaries to survive, especially if they want to put their kids through college. But in the bedroom you still very much have a man and a woman. And the woman still wants to lean on her husband.

Just so I don't insult anyone, I'm not referring to lesbians here. :)

Edit - I just want to add that I have a good friend who is a psychologist. Her job requires her to put in long hours at work. I can't tell you how many times she told me that she would give it up in a minute in order to stay home with her young children, if she could, but both she and her husband need her salary. He works long hours too, and they both need to share all the chores at home.

Samantha43
07-24-2010, 11:24 PM
I am a strong masculine man....well, most of the time.....:D

Ms Deidre
07-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Definitely Yes! I want a man that will sweep me of my feet, carry me across the threshold, and be my knight in shining armor! Now that is said, yes I have always prefered my men masculine as I try to be as feminine for them as I can. Being 5'8" in my stocking feet I also prefer a man taller than me when I wear heels. :love:

legz31
07-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Very interesting thread!

The answer for me is Absolutely yes. I am 5 7 140 lbs and i love men who are over 6 ft tall and in good shape to carry me

I also have small somewhat feminine features such as little hands, thin wrists, small feet etc. I used to be bothered by that long time ago but now I love these physical features of my body.

As to the philosophical discussion going on, all i wanna say is "what kellycan27 said"