PDA

View Full Version : Express Yourself (Sung like Madonna)

SuzanneBender
07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
How many of you post on other bulletin boards that have nothing to do with transgendered en femme and why? I have notice in talking with many of my transgendered friends it seems that many do this. I guess it is just another expression of our femme selves.

Bobbie Bee
07-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I think it shows we are multifaceted.

sterling12
07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I think it likely, that it's more An Expression of Our Ego's. We probably believe our "Deathless Prose," is so good; that everybody else wants to read what we have to say. (And heck, maybe they do!)

Oh well, where I come from it's pretty common for people to gather around The Local Eatery in The Morning and "banter" about everything newsworthy and "debate" contentious points. I know Rush comes from a small town south of St.Louis called Cape Giraudoux. So, what he does today for millions of bucks on The Radio, used to be what he and his Daddy did for nothin' down at The Local Dinner. Inotherwords, just another Fool spouting off, and expressing himself.

Maybe, we all do The Same Sort of Thing.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Kathi Lake
07-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Dear Lord, sis! Where do you find time for other forums?!

I feel bad for not keeping up with this one as much as I would like. Heck, with my personality (odd as it may be) I find that I can't give just a little bit. Like hobbies, my job, church, and the like, I find that I can't give less than 120% of my effort to each. Sure, I only sleep 4-5 hours a night, but everything works out. :)

Still it is intriguing. It's almost a "training wheels" for getting out in that world for real, I guess. Here, people know I'm a guy, and their reading of my posts are colored accordingly. On other forums, where I would present as a woman (at least digitally), I wonder if I would soon be caught, or would I digitally "pass?" Also, is this something I would want to do? On some levels, it seems a little deceptive. Of course, I wouldn't be posting on a dating site or anything icky like that, but still I wonder. . .

Hmmmmm, you made me think, Suzanne. You made me think.

Kathi

NathalieX66
07-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Oh, I have some other sides of me.
I also have two facebook pages....actually trying to find out if/how I could merge them together but I'm not sure it's possible (mainly because I have some career connections on my guy FB page). Nathalie is going to show up on my guy FB to a select few....some already know.
I do cars, pirates, guitars on other forums. I'm not a TS, I'm just someone who has more than one side, one of them not being gender-conforming.
Though, on political forums, I'll show up as Nathalie (avatar and all), just to irk extreme right wingers.

eluuzion
07-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Everyplace that is "CD" related I post with the same name (eluuzion). I post on other forums entirely unrelated to CD. But I never considered using any reference to CD. All of those forums are legal, medical, privacy and "security" focused.

So there is nothing relevant to CD and it just does not compute logically to create the motivation in my mind...
(whatever that means...hehehehe)...:love:

Sara Jessica
07-15-2010, 11:09 PM
I "digitally pass" on a designer purse forum but don't play there very often at all. I've even seen someone from these parts there showing off something or other, foot tattoos I think. It's not like I'm looking to kindle friendships there like I've done here. So I just behave respectably like any other woman and no one is the wiser.

PretzelGirl
07-16-2010, 10:29 AM
I have been in a Red Sox forum for 15 years. For me, when I an engaged in something, I like to share thoughts with others. By doing it, it keeps my mind in it and I also hope to learn something from others (I sure do here!). Now, that thing about having the time for it.... I do need to condense some. We'll see.

VeronicaMoonlit
07-16-2010, 10:36 AM
How many of you post on other bulletin boards that have nothing to do with transgendered en femme and why? I have notice in talking with many of my transgendered friends it seems that many do this. I guess it is just another expression of our femme selves.

Yes, I have done so, though the only one I do with any frequency is AF, and they know I'm transgendered, have pretty much from the start because I'm honest about that. On MUA things are a bit different, since I read and rarely post, but there are MUAers who would know.

Dear Lord, sis! Where do you find time for other forums?!

Ha ha ha ha ha. I also read and post to the Fedora Forum, Yellow Dog Linux Forum (I'm a moderator, but don't post so much since I updated my PS3 and now don't have Linux on it. I run Linux on x86 now, thus Fedora Forum) and Slashdot, but considering the rampant misogyny and nasty slurs I've seen about transfolk, not using this nick.

I feel bad for not keeping up with this one as much as I would like. Sure, I only sleep 4-5 hours a night, but everything works out. :)

Yes, I understand that.

Still it is intriguing. It's almost a "training wheels" for getting out in that world for real, I guess. Here, people know I'm a guy, and their reading of my posts are colored accordingly.[/quote]

Yep, though I've been told that some people have forgotten about my TGness on AF. That I'm just one of the women, though there are non transgendred men who read and post to AF.

Hmmmmm, you made me think, Suzanne. You made me think.

Kathi

Indeed.

I "digitally pass" on a designer purse forum but don't play there very often at all.

I'm not the only trans AFer but I think I post far more frequently than others and for a long time was the only one who was open about it. I joined AF when I called myself a "CD" because I thought transition was entirely out of my "possibility/decision tree"

Veronica Rogers