PDA

View Full Version : Fun Rehearsal

Shelby
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
My theater group ran a brush up rehearsal of a musical that we are performing this weekend and well this particular type of rehearsal tends to be more of fun-through with people pulling a few fun gags and such. I'm backstage on this show and my counterpart on the otherside of the stage suggested that we walk out for this group scene where everyone just walks around as if on a busy street. So we started searching for unused costume pieces to help fit yet stand out. I wore a fadora, clip on tie, a xmas themed scrunchy in my hair, suit coat and other course some womens dance shoes.

The only problem is is that the shoes were slightly small on me and kinda hurt when I walked. So when the moment came, we walked on stage with everyone else and eventually I heard some laughs from the Directors once they realized what I had on my feet.

Later someone commented that I moved pretty good in heels for a guy, I must have had practice. Why yes I have I told them and that I was in some theater shows where I once wore heels. There are a bunch of little girls in this show and they already think I am fun to talk to, so this gave them more to talk about. One little cutie, thought I was funny and said that I was a girl for wearing them. Little girls can be so cute, can't they. They asked where was my dress, but sadly there wasn't one around to wear.

It was all in good fun and I quickly took them off once I was done struting around on stage due to the pain they caused. I have admit, I looked good in them what with shaved legs.

carrie-ann
07-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Great just think if you found a dress and a comfy pair of shpes. You could have run rings around them LOL.

Maryesther M.
07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Am-Dram is a good opportunity to 'crossdress in public' for those of us who remain in the closet. I've done that several times in various guises, first as a boy soprano aged 13, I played 'Elsie' in Gilbert & Sullivan's 'Yeomen of the Guard'. Later on I've played husky dames in slinky gowns & seriously heavy theatrical make-up. Heels are a must, there.