PDA

View Full Version : Attracted to the woman, or the outfits?

Kathi Lake
07-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh. My. God!!

On the recommendation of my oldest son, I started watching Glee. Yes, the story is good so far, the music is great and all of that. The best thing so far? I am in love with the character Emma Pillsbury's outfits! Yes, I'm in love with her clothes.

Sure, she is pretty. Delicate. Incredibly feminine. Other than a tiny bit of OCD, she's perfect. :) I have only seen the pilot episode, and half of the second one, but in that span of time, she has had around 6-7 absolutely gorgeous outfits. I'm stunned. Each one is better than the last! If I were a woman, I would want to dress just like her. Of course, it would probably help if I looked like her. :)

Yes, I'm gushing about the outfits of a fictional character. I guess I am that tired.

:)

Kathi

zora
07-16-2010, 12:06 AM
ditto me for Inara Serra from firefly series :)

abigail43
07-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Yes I am also attracted to the clothes and the femininity of her I wish that I could be that feminine and have similar looks .I hate being a man

Elaine Michelle
07-16-2010, 04:57 AM
I have watched Glee a few times, and I really like it, but I hadn't noticed Emma; maybe she hasn't been on those episodes. Anyway, I had to do a little research and found these for you do-it-yourself Emma Pillsbury fans.

http://www.polyvore.com/emma_pillsbury/set?id=13464994

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=15489357&lid=322482

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=13669349&lid=322482

http://www.polyvore.com/pop_culture_watch_glee/collection?id=341694

elaine

joann07
07-16-2010, 07:53 AM
I don't watch that show, but I feel the same way. When I see a woman who looks stunning, hot, or just plain sexy I am so attracted to her beauty and good looks. While at the same, I am checking out the clothes she wearing because I also want to wear them.
I make a mental notes of her style and fashion and use that for ideas when I go out shopping.

Hugs!

SheriM
07-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Hi Kathi,
yes and yes. I am attracted to the woman and the clothes. I have been making a special effort to see how women dress, what they wear, how they pair things together, the layered look, etc. Trying to get some fashion sense.
But I do like a pretty woman and as I get older, more and more women seem to be pretty. Even when I am tucked and have bra on, I am still very much attracted to women. I think it is still as a male AND as a female. If I were a female, I would still be attracted to women.
SheriM

VeronicaMoonlit
07-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I am in love with the character Emma Pillsbury's outfits! Yes, I'm in love with her clothes.
Sure, she is pretty. Delicate. Incredibly feminine. Other than a tiny bit of OCD, she's perfect. :)Each one is better than the last! If I were a woman, I would want to dress just like her. Of course, it would probably help if I looked like her. :)

Yes, I'm gushing about the outfits of a fictional character. I guess I am that tired.

Kathi

There is no wrong about loving Emma Pillsbury.

http://wwepw.blogspot.com/

I used to watch the Gilmore Girls in part for the outfits and Mad Men for...Joan.

Also Jayme Mays played Charlie Andrews, Hiro's love interest in the first season of Heroes, and she's a redhead and has those eyes.

Veronica Rogers

Kathi Lake
07-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Elaine and Veronica,

Thanks so much for the links. Such cool and pretty stuff! Maybe what I like about both the clothes and the character is their almost 50's prudish sensibility coupled with a modern sensual flair. This is a woman who cares what she looks like. I like that!

Yes, I also have a thing for redheads (just ask my wife, who - go figger - is a redhead :)), and I love her expressive eyes.

Kathi

VeronicaMoonlit
07-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes, I also have a thing for redheads

Kathi

Me too, which means you MUST watch Mad Men...for Joan. It's also why my SL avatar is a redhead and why when I color my hair, I go for a reddish brown.

Veronica Rogers

Pythos
07-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I find myself attracted to both the woman or girl, along with the clothing.

"How nice that skirt must feel to wear, gently brushing up against those hose covered legs. Has to be better than these jeans."

That is an example of the thought process.

another one that is common.

"Oh you are nice, too bad you are wearing shapeless pants and top instead of something like a skirt, nice blouse...hell something elegant."

I don't really apply the term "feminine" to most clothing because I am one that always asks "just what makes something feminine?"

Cary
07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm attracted to women and their clothes! As I get older and come more to terms with my CDing, I do pay more attention to the clothes. There have been times I noticed when the clothes made the woman, and times when the woman made the clothes, and when they add to each other:)

Crysten
07-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Kathi - welcome to the club!! Here we all strive to be fictional characters - I'm aiming to be a pirate!! YARR ME MATEYS!! BATTEN DOWN THE MIZZEN MAST!! HOIST THE JIB!!

Although I have to admit, I haven't figured out how to make it work in a skirt and heels :sad:

Kara Connor
07-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Do we have to choose? :-) Both is my answer - we CDs get twice the pleasure!

EnglishRose
07-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Elaine and Veronica,

Thanks so much for the links. Such cool and pretty stuff! Maybe what I like about both the clothes and the character is their almost 50's prudish sensibility coupled with a modern sensual flair. This is a woman who cares what she looks like. I like that!

Yes, I also have a thing for redheads (just ask my wife, who - go figger - is a redhead :)), and I love her expressive eyes.

Kathi

I can sum up this post in three words... Desperate Housewives' Bree.

Rachel Morley
07-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Attracted to the woman, or the outfits?
Both! She looks very cute and her clothes are even cuter. I love those feminine cardigans! Where can I get some like that? :)

cdLainie
07-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I see no reason to choose one or the other. but i do usualy see the clothes first and the girl second.

Kathi Lake
07-16-2010, 10:55 PM
. . . although I have to admit, I haven't figured out how to make it work in a skirt and heels :sad:Oh, I don't know. Pirate clothes - from the high-heeled slouch boots to the swooshy layered shirts with voluminous sleeves - I've always thought pirates (at least the ones we see on TV), were always, like Robert DeNero's character on Stardust, a little "whoopsie." :)

I can sum up this post in three words... Desperate Housewives' Bree.She was always the same for me as well! Every time I would see her, I would see barely restrained, smoldering, hungering femininity in her. My wife never "got" her character, and called her a "painted hussy." She thought, as a guy, I would be attracted to Gabby's character - the skinny little model. Nope. I always liked Bree or Susan. Bree for the previously mentioned things (and her clothes! Her prudish, yet incredibly feminine choices were always perfect! :)) In Susan, you can almost see the girl next door - as long as the girl next door was a neurotic klutz.

So, did this post have any connection to the OP's original intent. Oh, wait. I was the OP. :)

Ya know, maybe this whole "four hours of sleep a night" thing ain't working for me. Eh. Whatever. Time to watch another episode of Glee (and, who knows, maybe I'll take a peek at Mad Men).

Kathi

Joanie_Shakti
07-16-2010, 11:40 PM
I kind of fell for Emma on Glee too. A big part of that was her look. I was surprised when I found out that she was played by the same actress that played Betty's rival on Ugly Betty and got knocked up by Betty's boyfriend. I hated her on that show for the way she acted towards Betty.

Another character I loved a lot in part for her wardrobe was "Chuck" (Charlotte) on Pushing Daisys. She had sort of a retro look to her clothes too. That whole show had a great look to it.

Oh yeah, another one for Bree on Desperate Housewives here too.

Sara Jessica
07-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Yes, I also have a thing for redheads...

Three cheers for Molly Ringwald? I loved her back in high school!!!

...when I color my hair, I go for a reddish brown.s

Did I ever tell you I'm jealous of your beautiful hair Veronica? I can't imagine mine will ever be so long. Mark my words, if it ever approaches that, I've gone off the deep end. Still, I can admire what you have to work with.

Oh yeah, the question at hand. It reminds me of the last time I saw my friend Kim. She had a catalogue or magazine of some sort and opened up to a page with several women modeling various fashions. I said to her "I can see you in ...." and she said "that's funny, I was looking at the women themselves". I guess that tells you where my head is at.

NathalieX66
07-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Do we have to choose? :-) Both is my answer - we CDs get twice the pleasure!

Thanks, Kara, that speaks for me.
Pardon me for being a pig, but if you gave me a Victoria's Secret catalog, I would admire the girls. I also admire the outfits. I also wish I could be them, and wish I was a girl.

Leslie Langford
07-17-2010, 12:44 AM
Oh. My. God!!

On the recommendation of my oldest son, I started watching Glee. Yes, the story is good so far, the music is great and all of that. The best thing so far? I am in love with the character Emma Pillsbury's outfits! Yes, I'm in love with her clothes.

Sure, she is pretty. Delicate. Incredibly feminine. Other than a tiny bit of OCD, she's perfect. :) I have only seen the pilot episode, and half of the second one, but in that span of time, she has had around 6-7 absolutely gorgeous outfits. I'm stunned. Each one is better than the last! If I were a woman, I would want to dress just like her. Of course, it would probably help if I looked like her. :)

Kathi

...I always did have a weakness for the outfits (or should I say, the uniform) that Bea Arthur's Character Maude consistently wore when she starred in the '70's hit comedy television series by the same name. You know, the palazzo-type pants with a loose, blousey top, topped off by that flowing, sleeveless garment that was a cross between a vest and a coat? Next best thing to a muumuu for camouflaging real or imagined bodily imperfections including the dreaded middle-aged spread, so I'm guessing that is why that type of outfit was all she ever wore. Then again, maybe it was some kind signature costume that went with her character, much like those dorky shirts that Charlie Sheen always wears in Two and a Half Men.

Of course, I'm kidding - I'd never be caught dead wearing an atrocity like. But as they say, nostalgia ain't what it use to be. R.I.P platform shoes, bell-bottom pants, Afro hairdos, tie-dyed T shirts, Earth shoes, lime green and burnt orange shag carpets, avocado and harvest gold appliances, 8-track tapes, the Vega, Pinto, Gremlin, Pacer and those rust-bucket biodegradable cars in general, as well as blaxploitation movies...sigh! :eek::doh::heehee::D

marlacd
07-17-2010, 04:49 AM
I was always attracted to the outfit. During my dating years, I remember how much of a letdown it was to get to know a woman, and find out later that the outfit she wore was a one off, and that she would never normally go around looking like that. Knowing that, its rather funny how some will gripe and complain about not being able to hang on to a man.

Anneliese
07-17-2010, 05:39 AM
I am attracted to women, but as every day passes, I am noticing what they're wearing more and more. I am not one who is into "outfits" or make-up, but I am noticing all the hippie blouses out there, which are my personal favorites. I really didn't think very many women wore them these days, but there are a fair amount being worn, and want ALL of them. Fortunately, I own a rather large collection.

Joanne f
07-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Mad as it may sound (maybe not quite so mad coming from me):heehee: but i go into a mental block , love the clothes, love the woman , desire to be that woman, yet it can work the other way around , love the woman ,desire to be that woman then i can wear the clothes .

PrettyFlowingGown
07-17-2010, 06:15 AM
I've never watched "Glee" but I love the subject. I'm attracted to both the clothes and the woman, but sometimes even if the woman s not attractive, i'll just stare at her clothes. I do it all the time, particurely at work (A supermarket), I get to see alot of pretty clothes walk in everyday.

dominique
07-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Simple answer both.

AKAMichelle
07-17-2010, 08:48 AM
I think I would have to say both. I recently met a woman on my trip to Dallas. The issue I had was to look at everything she was wearing each day. Part of me was envious that I can't wear things like that.

Sophia
07-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Both, but women alot more
emma is so cute

VeronicaMoonlit
07-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I can sum up this post in three words... Desperate Housewives' Bree.

Bree for the previously mentioned things (and her clothes! Her prudish, yet incredibly feminine choices were always perfect! :))

Guess who my favorite desperate housewife is...Bree. I was once called the "Bree of Second Life" by another SL fashionista.

Time to watch another episode of Glee (and, who knows, maybe I'll take a peek at Mad Men).

If you don't watch it, at least google Joan (and the actress who plays her, Christina Hendricks)

HvAlSuqo174

Three cheers for Molly Ringwald? I loved her back in high school!!!

You know how I sometimes respond "women" when people say "girls"? I got that from Molly Ringwald's character on the first season of the Facts of Life.

Did I ever tell you I'm jealous of your beautiful hair Veronica? I can't imagine mine will ever be so long. Mark my words, if it ever approaches that, I've gone off the deep end. Still, I can admire what you have to work with.

Thank you, but my hair truly sucks, it is very fine and has no body. I started growing it out just before I came out to my family, back in 93-94, been long ever since.

I guess that tells you where my head is at.

Where it should be...the fashion!

Veronica Rogers

Sarah Doepner
07-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Sometimes it's the clothes, sometimes it's the person wearing the outfit, sometimes it's both and sometimes neither one nor the other. It seems that it really depends on too many things to allow for a single answer.

I occasionally am in a pink fog and the outfit is primary (OMG those are the cutest shoes and they sooo match the purse!)
Sometimes I'm "male oblivious" and nothing registers (Huh? what woman are you talking about, I'm looking at saw blades.)
Or I could be "male obvious" staring at the woman only (What a Babe! and check out her . . .)
Most likely it's somewhere in between, (What? Oh yes, she's a cutie. Let's stop at the Mall after I'm done here at the hardware store and see if I can find a top like that in my size.)

TGMarla
07-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Both. I love the ladies, and I love their outfits.

Kathi Lake
07-17-2010, 11:50 AM
If you don't watch it, at least google Joan (and the actress who plays her, Christina Hendricks)Wooooooowwww! In the short video, I saw a woman that was, I guess, your typical redhead - smoldering sensuality, very aware of her femininity and not afraid to use it, and possessing of a look to cut through any crap. The most important thing I saw in the video? Although she was surrounded by some of the most powerful men of her time, she was just as powerful as they were. Art imitates life, indeed.

Kathi

EnglishRose
07-17-2010, 12:36 PM
In my opinion, you should watch Mad Men anyway. It's very well acted and atmospheric, and Christina Hendricks as previously mentioned. :)

There is quite a bit of misogyny but you kind of expect that of the 50s / 60s setting.

jenna_woods
07-17-2010, 12:38 PM
I can understand that,I always check out the women't outfits, and most of time wish I had that dress or skirt, and at times I try to find them to buy

Bobbie Bee
07-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Funny thing after reading this thread I dismissed the idea, then recently watched a video report on the Gulf Oil Leak on CNN. There was a female anchor interviewing a female CNN Producer. Immediately, I focused on the producer and what she was wearing. To say the least, she was gorgeous and dressed to kill. I checked out both her manner of dress and her appearance; so I guess I look at both: the woman and her clothes.

kimmy p
07-17-2010, 08:12 PM
If it's a question then I look at, and like, both. Though as a happily married person I now look at the clothes more often.

NathalieX66
07-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Women can sure wear it better than I do....I wish I had their skeleton. :heehee:

I told a close friend that if you put a Victoria's Secret catalog in front of me, I would admire the models, and I would also admire the clothes they wore, and I wish I could be them. The visuals are just too enticing.

Tasha McIntyre
07-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Kathi,

I was thinking how to write my answer when I came upon this little gem:

When I see a woman who looks stunning, hot, or just plain sexy I am so attracted to her beauty and good looks. While at the same, I am checking out the clothes she wearing because I also want to wear them.
I make a mental notes of her style and fashion and use that for ideas when I go out shopping!

Sums up my position beautifully. Sorry, but I've never watched Glee!

Tash :)

StephaniAnn
07-17-2010, 10:25 PM
This is an interesting topic.
That's got me wondering about the reverse: how female-to-male CDs see the men that they admire. My bet is it's mostly admiration, not attraction.

These differences make for an interesting clinical question.
Sorry to be so blunt but there's no other way to state this:
A straight male is usually sexually interested in two GGs (the lesbian fantasy) but a straight female thinks "ick" when imagining being in the middle of two gay men.

Interesting differences there!

Kathi Lake
07-18-2010, 03:45 AM
. . . but a straight female thinks "ick" when imagining being in the middle of two gay men.That's a rather broad position, there. How, exactly, did you come up with this generalization?

Kathi

StephaniAnn
07-18-2010, 01:09 PM
That's a rather broad position, there. How, exactly, did you come up with this generalization?

Kathi

I've polled quite a few. That seems to be the general consensus. ;) Hey, somebody's gotta' do it!