PDA

View Full Version : Working on a book.

april64
07-17-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm an aspiring writer and plan on writing a book about cross-dressing mainly to inform people about it. This book would be geared more to the younger cross-dressers between the ages of 16 to 21 mainly because I feel that between those ages it can be the hardest time to find out your a crossdresser thanks to your hormones. The book would mainly be about just being a crossdresser buying clothes for your first time doing everything for your first time and help the younger crossdressers understand that they are not the only ones going through this. If any of our younger members would like to share their personal stories that would be awesome. Your name would not be mention in anyway and for those wondering this book would be a free online e book. I will also post chapters of the book probably at the end of August I should have enough information to write the book.

Alberta_Pat
07-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi April;

Why limit this invitation to contribute to younger members? We have all gone, or will go, through this phase of life.

However, I hesitate to contribute for a simple reason. This is in the way you posted here. Your writing skills need to be improved. The run on sentences above, the lack of grouping of subject into paragraphs show this.

Should you show better skills in presenting information here, I am sure you would find a stronger response to your invitation.

Cheers

AKAMichelle
07-17-2010, 09:29 AM
When I first began to accept myself, it is amazing how I began to change. Now I too want to write a book. Only mine has little to do with cd'ing but I do intend to tell the world that I am a cd'er in the book.

I was thinking about it the other day and how my English teacher would be shocked. I wish she was still living but I know that is not very likely since she would be close to 90 to 100 now. I made C's in English and never showed any promise in writing but now I think about publishing articles more and more.

Good luck to you and your book.

P.S. I could tell you some of the early stories if that would help. Just PM me.

Mikaela
07-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Get a subscription to the Writer's Market. You can buy the books (if you do, get an older one until you're really ready, you can usually find them in the bargain area of the big book stores) or you can get a website subscription. That will help you find a publisher and all sorts of other stuff.

Or you can go the self publish route.

docrobbysherry
07-17-2010, 10:47 AM
I've often thot a book dealing with NOTHING BUT the experiences of CD/TGs could be entertaining to the general public as well be informative to other CDs!

I would think that mature CDs would have more to say about their experience dealing with their issues and "regular" people!:brolleyes:

Christina2008
07-17-2010, 06:10 PM
I think it’s a good idea. The general internet is full of information, right and wrong. A well written book could dispel the myths and help “beginners” on the correct path. It could help regarding letting them know it’s not wrong or just you etc.

Having content from similar age groups may help the reader to accept the information and identify with it.

Of course with age comes wisdom, which could maybe be volume 2?

PippaJ
07-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Thats actually a great idea, I dont know about the others but I think I could do with one now.

Angelofsomekind
07-17-2010, 07:24 PM
I'd love to see how it turns out, and yea I'm 30, but I remember lots of milestones I went through between 16 and 21, younger than 16 actually, you want posts on stores here or to a seperate E-mail?