PDA

View Full Version : Do some petite CDs start crossdressing because they feel inferior as males?

seanmuscle
07-17-2010, 04:47 AM
I was watching this talk show and there were stories of smaller guys who were picked on in school but returned as stunning women to shock their former bully. They looked so beautiful, confident and radiant as women.

Not saying that all petite CDs were bullied but do some enjoy being women because they were not accepted as males? Thus, pushing them to embrace their feminine side where they could be more accepted?

I do not want to offend anybody. Just curious....

thanks

gabe
07-17-2010, 06:35 AM
I would have cross dressed regardless of the bullies or my physical size. I enjoyed CD for its aesthetics. The fact that women's clothing fit my smaller frame better is another major factor. It's all about wearing what makes me look and feel good, to me.

Bullies are anomalies, some would argue CDers are anomalies as well, occasionally some CDers enjoy being submissive, but I would not think there is a strong causal relationship between being bullied and CD.

Pam.
07-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Sean

I doubt that there is a link between being short & bullied with cross dressing. Unless your short & have been bullied & are by nature a cross dresser!

No man would dress as a woman unless they had the tendancy to.

Most short men I know are like bull dogs - they seem to try harder to be 'men' or 'short man complex'.

Pam

alice clair
07-17-2010, 06:59 AM
This probably won't sound right to most, but when i was in school i was the guy that the smaller or weaker guys would talk to about being bullied, so i would go find the bully and kick his butt. I have a strong dislike for bullying in any form. I hope i don't offend anyone with this.

Michelle

Joanne f
07-17-2010, 07:05 AM
I would say if anything it would make most act more masculine as to make up for the size difference , with CDing you will ether be one or not and size has very little to do with it .

Mirani
07-17-2010, 07:44 AM
.... the answer is :

Yes
No
Could be
Who knows
Probably not
On the spectrum of gender variance, possibly someone may have been so motivated.
Many feel the were born in the wrong body and needed no other drive other than to be on the outside the person they feel to be on the inside.
I wouldn't claim to speak for everyone, but on reading "When did you start" and "What was the first item ... " threads it is self-evident that many start from curiosity.
Size is hardly ever evident other than fitting into a sister's ' friends' clothes.
The first item is often something available and a drive to see what it feels like and then a compulsion to repeat the experience because it "feels right" or is sexually stimulating.

I have read threads where some state that they felt the girls were treated more favourably treated the the guys and wanted to be treated as the girls were, but have not yet read any "biography" where someone said they started because of bullying by peers.

Some of us already felt we related better in the company of girls than boys because inside the drive was already evident. Bullying may have resulted from that association and being "different". However the drive to be "one of the girls" was a not caused by bullying.

Just my take on things.

TxKimberly
07-17-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm kind of with Mirani - if I had to choose one motivation, I think curiosity would be a good one.
I was never one of the popular kids, but I also wasn't really bullied. I have always been the kind to loose my temper VERY rarely, but when I do, it's a pretty serioius event. The very few times anyone pushed me hard enough to make me truely angry, they quickly learned that it wasn't a good idea.

Debb
07-17-2010, 12:49 PM
I was bullied in school, from Junior to Senior high. I'm 5'4" and at the time was around 100 pounds (back when I graduated).

The bullying motivated me to get tougher, which in turn made me disregard my crossdressing wishes. I didn't CD for twelve years after high school ... of course, I was in the military those twelve years, too, and our mission tempo was such that it would have been impossible to CD anyway.

It was when the bullying stopped, when I "grew up" and realized that bullies are a dime-a-dozen, that my desire to CD came to the forefront.

JenniferR771
07-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I was bullied by the bigger guys to some degree. Small, shy and nerdy--that was problematical. Hard on the ego at times. Second string wrestling at age 14; I wrestled at 85 pounds. But it was so handy that I could fit into a size 6 dress. I used to think maybe smallness had something to do with my secret cding. But now that I have met a lot of average size and big cds--that idea no longer makes sense. Maybe, I was born as a cd. In fact, I remember about 5th grade, (age 10), being fascinated at the sight of one of the boys at the school fair. His mother had dressed him up as a gypsy fortune teller, for the school fair. He looked so pretty--I stared.

No offense intended to the Romani people and and their interesting history and culture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Cherie
07-17-2010, 02:05 PM
I was the smallest guy at school and they tried to bully me but to no avail . my personal choice was to cd liked it then love it now.

Elsa Larson
07-17-2010, 02:27 PM
At 6'3" (1.9m), I was the tallest guy in my class so being bullied was not a problem.

If I had been 5'3" (1.6m), I think I would have been living as female 24/7 before age 30.

I still fantasize about how nice it would be to go into almost any store and find clothing and shoes that fit. How nice to blend in as a woman of average height <sigh> .

pantyhoselover
07-17-2010, 03:17 PM
At 6'3" (1.9m), I was the tallest guy in my class so being bullied was not a problem.

If I had been 5'3" (1.6m), I think I would have been living as female 24/7 before age 30.

I still fantasize about how nice it would be to go into almost any store and find clothing and shoes that fit. How nice to blend in as a woman of average height <sigh> .

Funny how many guys wish they were taller, and some short guys have a napolean complex. Like you, I wish I was smaller so I could enjoy more dressing options, and fit into heels easier. Although tall, I'm thin, so this helps with my "girlie" figure.

Jennifer in CO
07-17-2010, 03:20 PM
being a very sickly child, I was always with the women-folk so I guess my association with them and comfort with the "softer" things in life made it easy when the opportunity provided itself. And yes I was constantly bullied all the way through school. Currently at 6'3 it now has nothing to do with bullies or not.
I had a friend (haven't talked with her in a long time) who was born male but after graduation from high school transitioned. He grew to a whopping 5'2 and 100 pounds soaking wet on a good day. As a part of a play when we were seniors he got the role of a transgender/drag queen...everyone thought it would be funny for the scrawny guy to be the girly type. He was never the "same" after that. As the play got closer and closer, he became more and more feminine till by the time the play came..and went..he looked nothing like a guy anymore. At graduation, he was wearing a beautiful gown and had his now long blond hair in an updo with face framing tendrals...how I wanted to be him right then. Last I talked to Kendra about 20 years ago she was applying as a Head-mistress at an all girl boarding school in Texas...

Jenn

Bethany38
07-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I have come to find tat I have been a C.D. all my life. When I was in school I got picked on some here some there. This .was definitely not due to my stature. Although not tall I am stocky as hell. At five foot eight inches I am a rather short man. Not as bad as it could be but still I am a shorty. Now at that height as of yesterday I weigh 231 Lbs. I have to say I am always soo jealous of the thin petite girls here. At any rate the C.D. thing did not come from anything but being a cd to begin with.

Toni_Lynn
07-17-2010, 03:53 PM
I think it is safe to say that there are CDers amongst the bullies too .... just look at J Edgar Hoover .. or don't :eek:

Hmmm ---- I can tell you that there is this small part of me that wishes that I was a petite/ smallish guy so that CDing and passing would be a total snap. Just as CDing does now, it would only serve to raise my self image, but in that cause to even higher levels

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

eluuzion
07-18-2010, 04:09 AM
I was watching this talk show and there were stories of smaller guys who were picked on in school but returned as stunning women to shock their former bully. They looked so beautiful, confident and radiant as women

Sounds like a Maury Povich show. Talk about a guy that admires paternity tests and TS contests...hehehe. He has aired a few "Guess who is/who is not shows...

K, back on topic here. If there was a height connection with CD, lots of the male actors would be CDs. Many are average or below average height. One theory is that many actors gravitated toward acting as a way to compensate for their insecurities and low self esteem issues. (height being one of these.).

Not saying that all petite CDs were bullied but do some enjoy being women because they were not accepted as males? Thus, pushing them to embrace their feminine side where they could be more accepted?

Only true for the ones born on a Thursday...lol...jus' kiddn'. There are as many reasons for CD as there are people doing it. This is probably true for some, but not such that you could "indentify" those that have this issue.:love:

Kate Simmons
07-18-2010, 05:10 AM
Not necessarily. CDing has a power in itself in that it helped to empower me to be myself and not be ashamed or afraid of my feelings. To answer your question, I have not seen anyone who fits what you describe.:)

Jonianne
07-18-2010, 07:37 AM
.....small part of me that wishes that I was a petite/ smallish guy so that CDing and passing would be a total snap......

Toni, just being small doesn't quite give you the features to make passing a snap. I have more than my share of masculine traits. Just think "George" on "Seinfield" with a little more hair.

Do some petite CDs start crossdressing because they feel inferior as males?

I don't believe so. I did have somewhat of an "inferiority complex" for many years as a young teen, partly for being small, but my interest in cd'ing started long before that developed. Whatever bulling I got certainly did not push me into wanting to wear girls cloths. I obtained that desire, by age 7, on my own.

I think it is just another misconception that these shows capitalize on to make a profit. Everyone wants to figure out why some people like to identify with the opposite sex and they try to come up with some external reason that can be "fixed", instead of just accepting that it is internal - just who you are.

Joanna Maguire
07-18-2010, 08:16 AM
While I was bullied at school because of my then long curly hair. I dont think that is why I became a CD My mother sometimes dressed me as a girl and we went out shopping. I was not recognised as a boy. I really looked like a girl when I was 7yrs and in my teens I really became a CD when I left school and went to
work I bought my own girl clothing I have been a CD now for 50 yrs
I have always felt stronger and have more confidence dressed enfemme.
As a male I was am still are rather shy.Dressed enfemme in public I am far from shy and will go any where a GG goes
Joanna

Jan Michell Collins
07-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I was bullied in school not becouse of my size but had glasses and was losing my hair (( yes had a receding hair line in middle school)) I don't think thats what made my CD but I liked to hang around the girls (dad wasn't home much)

Loni
07-18-2010, 11:41 AM
i could say most all of the "short" guys i have know, i would want on my side in that ally. :eek:
as they are tough as nails and do not take it. as for cross dressing, i do not know if any of them do such.
me i am 6 ft just over 200 pounds large frame, would rather not fight, and i cross dress.

weekend woman
07-18-2010, 12:00 PM
My first desire to crossdress at about 4yrs. old. I was bullied in every school I attended. There was always someone who wanted to make me there special target. It was always let's pick on the fat kid. They always wound up on the short end, they got lumped up and in trouble. So no correlation between CDing and being bullied, I wanted to wear dresses before I started school.

minalost
07-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm 6' and 185 lb. Not small, though I was always very thin in school. Yes, I got bullied, but my urge to CD started way before that.

The fact is, I really envy the smaller in stature of my sisters here. It would sure be easier to find clothing that fit!
:hugs:

LisaM
07-18-2010, 07:55 PM
I am 6'3" and I always wished I was smaller. 5'11" would have been perfect for me and I can only dream that I was bullied and it made me want to be TS, Alas, I have always wanted to be a girl from my earliest memories; when i was small and I could be bullied. But i don't think there is a correlation.

kellycan27
07-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Hmmmm....Maybe that's why I like to watch "Bully Beatdown" on MTV :heehee:

FeliciaK
07-18-2010, 09:47 PM
thats an interesting observation -for myself, i was never bullied for my lack of height when i was younger-it was mainly due to racial reasons. I am in agreement with other people that i believe bullying due to physical stature or lack thereof in and of itself wouldnt be the cause for most people to start dressing-in fact i'd say it might be a reason for some people to be pushed further into the closet in fear that it would come out and intensify the bullying.

chrissietoo
07-19-2010, 01:54 PM
All the short guys I know that were bullied came out really tough. For them, becoming a sissy would have made the bullying worse (and dangerous). As an adult, I find that being in touch with my feminine side gives me power in difficult or explosive situations. I often go to construction sites underdressed in panties, or even a bra, and I find that "Chrissie" does a much better job than the drab guy.

:love: flowers work!

Crissy Kay
07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
My size, I"m 5/4, may contribute to my cding, but it is not the main reason I am a part time cder.

carrie-ann
07-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm not thin or small. I was in school though. I was bullied in school. I was beat up on every day. That had nothing to do with being a CD. It was my enfem side of me I've always had. I never felt like a boy or a male ever.

Vickie_CDTV
07-19-2010, 09:17 PM
I am sure it had something to do with mine. Growing up, I was always the shortest, the youngest and the fattest kid in my class, from K-12 (at the time they were dithering around about when to send kids to kindergarten, either 5 or 6, I was sent at 5 while everyone else was 6.) I was also a sickly child and had a few embarrassing health problems so I was a prime target for the bullies. I was bullied K-12, I could not do anything athletic to save my life, and girls wanted nothing to do with someone as "unmanly" as me (I didn't even have a girlfriend until I was 21, and she was a mature woman.) I grew up clinging to my mother almost to adulthood and had an abusive father who never loved me and was never there to teach me to be a man.

I always felt I was a very inadequate as a man and still do today. Crossdressing was a way to ease the loneliness of not have a woman in my life, and provide a means of temporary escape (it really is nice to be able to be someone else for a while.) It is probably why I desire a gender role reversal relationship as well. I can't help but wonder if only things had been different how I would have turned out...

Rachel Morley
07-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm 5ft 4ins tall, I weight 130lbs, I take a US ladies size 8 shoe, so I guess I qualify as "small". In my case, I don't believe my size had anything to do with my preference for crossdressing. I wasn't bullied in school, and for sure I didn't feel "inferior". I was just me, a little bit different than most of my peers but not inferior and definitely not "particularity bothered about being the way I was. Ok, back then I wished I was taller, but that's all. :D

NathalieX66
07-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm 2 years younger than my sister, so when I got ahold of her wardrobe, there was no problem. I had no problem fitting into my mom's size 8 dress boots & skirts even once I as full grown. Boy, she took a fit when she found out about that.
I was the fastest guy on my high school soccer team, which I why I was put in forward positions. I'm kind of hyper, like I had ADHD. My personality is kind of like a Jack Russel terrier. Both my grandfathers were 5'4", so my family tree is fairly short decendants. I never felt less of a man, but I can't say I don't enjoy my relative compact size.

Miley
07-19-2010, 11:06 PM
I have always been and still am short and petite. I can't say that this is a reason for crossdressing, I have loved to dress before I even went to school.

DeniseNY
07-21-2010, 09:11 PM
I was always aggressive and did more than my share of fighting in school, so few people picked on me. I was 5'2 and 120 when I graduated from high school. I didn't get into dressing until about 10 years later. When I discovered that at 5'3" and 140 lbs, I was about an average woman, it just made it that much easier to dress. Maybe feeling like I didn't measure up played a role in it, I won't deny it. But my motivation to dress was more that I made an average size woman and the challenge of passing than any feeling of being less than a man.

MaryKatherine
07-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes, well not because ive felt inferior but ive always been skinny all through school.

I wasnt bullied all the time but just occasionally just like most people,
but it was alway because i was smaller then everyone else.

I didnt start CDing because i was bullied, it just felt more natural to act feminine.:)