PDA

View Full Version : First Time Going Out

Leyna
07-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi girls!

I've been lurking here reading the threads for a while, but I finally decided to get an account so I could share. Tomorrow is the big day! I'm going out and about!

I'm also scared to death. Here's hoping I don't chicken out. :o

CallMeMeg
07-19-2010, 07:10 AM
You just told hundreds of people you're going out, so you can't chicken out.

Let us know how it went.

jenna_woods
07-19-2010, 07:25 AM
that's great, just remember the frist time is always the hardese, it gers easier each time after that,

carrie-ann
07-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Not only does it get Easter it gets addictive if you have a lot of fun with it. Keep a good sense of humor and smile. Be respectful to every one you'll find it goes a long way. Good luck and have fun.

Elizebeth
07-19-2010, 07:38 AM
You will love it and have a fun time.

Leyna
07-19-2010, 07:47 AM
OMG, I never perspire this much when I'm staying home!
:o:o
Welp, here goes. Little steps first, going for a drive, stopping at the ATM, and then getting gas.

So excited! Hope I don't pee my pants! :o

AKAMichelle
07-19-2010, 08:00 AM
So did you make it - or where do we send the flowers for your funeral?

Megan70
07-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi girls!
Tomorrow is the big day! I'm going out and about!

I'm also scared to death. Here's hoping I don't chicken out.o
This may sound too simple to beleive but only one word ; CONFIDENCE!!!!, do not be scared, and for God's sake don't keep looking over your shoulder like a scared rabbit do not be concerned about others if you think they are looking at you, (they're not) call it newbie first time paranoia; normal,
Good Luck, give us a report.:thumbsup:
50 year veteran(ess) in public.:)

Megan

StaceyJane
07-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Yes, confidence is the key.
Now I'm waiting for a report on your trip. :)

Leyna
07-19-2010, 09:22 AM
That was AMAZING! :):):):):):):):)

Went to the ATM for cash. Felt so girly fishing around in my purse for the debit card. Then to the gas station. Felt very exposed just standing there (and is a gas pump a phallic symbol? I think it is!) but no strange looks from anyone. That was all I had planned, but I was having such a good time I decided to check out some other places.

I went to the Dollar Store and bought a pair of girly sunglasses. I'm trying to act totally normal but my heart is beating out of my chest. The sales clerk was wonderful though. She even said "Did you find everything you needed, ma'am?" :heehee: I am sooo going back there.

I'm ready to go home then, b/c I'm getting a little lightheaded from the excitement. But...but there's a Bell's Outlet right next door! Should I? Oh, what the hell.

I take my regular (gender neutral but still guyish) glasses off and put on my new sunglasses, so I can rest them on top of my head when I go inside like the girls do. I walk in without incident. (Another customer, a nice woman my age actually says hi to me and smiles. That never happens to me as a guy.) So I'm shopping around, wondering if I should maybe actually TRY SOMETHING ON BEFORE I BRING IT HOME. Wouldn't that be amazing. But then I hit my first bump in the road of the day. I can't see a damn thing without my real glasses. :o

So I browsed around, smiled at the other ladies, they smiled back. It was like I was part of their club. Definitely gotta do this again. You know, after I get a prescription pair of ladies glasses. :heehee:

StaceyJane
07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm so happy for you. :)

You have a whole new world to explore.

Enjoy the adventure.

JustWendy
07-19-2010, 10:11 AM
What an amazing first experience, Leyna. I'm so happy for you that the response from those around you was so positive. Sunglasses are such a fun fashion accessory, have you ever thought of contacts?
Wendy

Leyna
07-19-2010, 10:21 AM
What an amazing first experience, Leyna. I'm so happy for you that the response from those around you was so positive. Sunglasses are such a fun fashion accessory, have you ever thought of contacts?
Wendy

Sadly, contact are out. I had them when I was younger and developed a corneal ulcer. If the scar tissue on my eye had been a fraction of a millimeter over, it would have badly and permanently damaged my vision in that eye. As it is, the vision is still not correctable to 20/20, but it's good enough.

I can walk around without my glasses, just can't read signs or labels. Pity, b/c with my scarf and sunglasses, I was rocking the Grace Kelly look! :battingeyelashes:

JustWendy
07-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your eye issues, Leyna. I can relate a bit - I have glaucoma and gave up wearing contacts because of having to remove them each time I apply drops. So new frames it is. Wishing you continued successes.
Wendy

carhill2mn
07-19-2010, 12:39 PM
You wouldn't be "normal" if you weren't at least a little scared. Dress appropriately, keep your head up and act as if you belong and remember a SMILE is your best friend.
Good luck and enjoy!

Jenny Doolittle
07-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Lenya,

Thank you for putting a smile on my face, I remembered my first time and all those wonderful memories rushed back.

One warning, Shopping is Addicting! :)

Have fun, be confident and go get a pair of glasses that are a bit more like the "real" you.

Bunny Girl Zoe
07-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Well done on your first time out sound like had a great time.

Princess29
07-19-2010, 02:02 PM
congratulations on going out Leyna

Christina Horton
07-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Great first time. Now where's the pics ?

PretzelGirl
07-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Sounds like you are going to be ready to go again tomorrow. Quite the blast, isn't it?

"'Cause I'm doing it all for Leyna"

Love the song and it seems you are doing it for Leyna. :heehee:

Tasha McIntyre
07-20-2010, 12:17 AM
There ya go Leyna.......well done :)

I am assuming that there will be a second time out.....and a third :):):)

fallen_rayne
07-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Well, you just now told hundreds of people, congratulations. Hopefully your going to get through the day femmed out and enjoy it immensely.

carrie-ann
07-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Congrats on your first time out. See it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Like some of the other ladies said confidence.

leean
07-21-2010, 12:18 PM
great story and congratulations! I'm still trying to find the courage to go out myself.

CallMeMeg
07-21-2010, 12:24 PM
great story and congratulations! I'm still trying to find the courage to go out myself.

Leean, I know Leyna is planning her next trip. It's your turn. If you can, do what I did ~ I found a makeup artist on Craigslist to do my face and go shopping with me. It's easier when someone's with you, and 1000% better when it's a gg!