PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go?

Roxie_31
08-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Recently, on my first time out, I had a unexpected issue - Where do I go pee?
Luckily, my wife and her friend secured me the ladies room, but I have to wonder. The situation is bound to come up again. So what would be the proper etiquette?

Men's rm or womens?

odelay
08-15-2004, 10:14 AM
When I worked as a Comcast Technical Support Agent, a co-worker that crossdressed to work would always use the ladies bathroom. The women there didn't mind, but the guys would think differently if someone dressed used their bathroom. Personally, if you're dressing, then use the woman's bathroom. It would be a bit awkward walking into the men's while wearing a skirt and heels ;p

~Tammy~
08-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Hmm, interesting question.

Depends how you look at it really. From the general publics point of view, they think crossdressers are mostly gay. So using the ladies room should be pretty acceptable as the women would think we are gay and so we have no interest in them.
If we used the mens room and strolled into a bunch of guys while dolled up? Again, they would probably think we were gay (and no doubt perverted) and I don't think they'd just give a you a nice compliament about your pretty dress.

Then we have to think about legal issues. All countries have different laws when it comes to these kind of things. I heard a while ago it is illegal for men to enter ladies loo's (and vice versa) no matter what they were wearing. Not sure what countries this applies to though, or how strict this is.

I suppose If were going out I would use the ladies room, I think you're just heading for trouble if you use the men's room.

~Tammy~

Rachel_740
08-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi Girls,

I would agree with Tammy here - if you must use the public restrooms, use the ladies if you are dressed (and the mens if not :confused: ).

I was reading an article on this a few days ago, and that basically said that if your dress AND passable use the ladies restroom, otherwise use the guys. This was in a UK magazine, so it may be different in other countries. I would also ask 'who decides if your passable?' I normally think I look far better than I probably do, so it's subjective really.

Having said all that, I have used the ladies room a handful of times now with no problems, although I've never met a GG in there so thats still an unknown. All except one occasion I've been in there are fairly quiet times of day when I've felt fairly safe. On the one occasion I needed to use the restroom it was mid-morning on a saturday in the city, so it was likely to be fairly busy. I went to a restroom that was a single stall, entered straight from the street, so there was no 'communial' area that GG's could be in - it was either occupied or not. On this occasion it was not, and nobody was outside when I came out again.

Rachel

DebbieThomas
08-15-2004, 04:26 PM
when Im dressed I always use the ladies room. I know in my area (Florida) if someone complains, and calls the police you can be charged with disturbing the peace and/or with the possibility of being arrested. :eek: now this is the extreme. but on the good side, one thing Ive been seeing lately is family use restrooms at malls and better restaurants :)
first post with my avatar pic :rolleyes: