PDA

View Full Version : Hrt!!!!!

Sexyalexis
07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Wow Tomorrow I have my first appointment with a GLBT theripist. I am so thrilled to talk about the possiblity of going full time like full time with new body parts and all.. It is really thrilling to think about becoming what i have always wanted to be but on the other side it is really really scary. I worry most about what i will look like at the end it might just be me but I am scared at the end i will still look like a guy in a dress. The other thing that scares me is work. I work a really large world wide company and have no idea how they will take the news.. Would love to hear from other trans girls out there about how your work played out for you. I found that YOU TUBE is a great place to build up confidence and find out if it really is for you the girls on there sharing there stories are great. My hero if you will on there is Jorden (minorqback her user name) so if you are reading this YOU ROCK!!

Who knows what the futre holds...

Jessica Who
07-19-2010, 05:41 PM
All the best, always stay true to yourself :)

Sandra Dunn
07-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Yes be true to yourself.

Since it is your first appointment you'll probably have several visits before the okay is given to start and you'll need to fing a Gyno. Dr. and an Endo Dr.

During this time check the company P&P manuals concerning transitioning, check with HR (you can do this via the web) about the Policies. One way to ask is to ask about what the diversity policy is and all. Once you have this information you should be able to navigate through the procedures for transitioning.

You've got some time, think it through, plan it out. When you do get ready to switch some girls have done it in connection with a move within the company (promotion, different department, etc.) and some with a vacation ( leave as boy return as girl). Whenever you do it let the company know that it is a one time switch and not any of the back and forth stuff, other workers will squak and it's not fair to you or them, to confussing.

I am looking for a job and I am at the very beginning of the transitioning so I'll be presenting as me and with the first letter that allows me to change name, start HRt and all; the bottom end will require a second letter but the rest is good to go.

HUGS Sandra Dunn

Yes it is a great feeling. When I went to my therapist I was ready to be me and the process went quickly.

Teri Jean
07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Being true to yourself is so important, the others are right. I found myself in a situation where I needed to get a handle on my feelings and got help through a gender therapist. When I came out at work I had researched the HR policies on diversity and found that there is protections for diversity as well as state legislation there are laws protecting my situation. With my HR director and the university community help and understanding my transition has gone well.

As the HRT has begun to have it's effects my features and body have started to feminize nicely. I have had past acquaintences who have not seen me as well as those whom I work with daily say they can see the changes. Now I'm 61yrs old and I venture to guess you are much younger so with that in mind you probably have a better chance of making a wonderful looking lady. The issue isn't the looks as much as how you feel so now it is up to you and if you like help to answer questions there are so many here to help.

Teri

carrie-ann
07-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Here is what I did. I called HR to see what the rules ate on transgender. I agreed to follow there rules. By that i mean the dress code for females working at a plant/factory. No dresses allowed for all females It's a safety issue. Ok that was good. They said I couldn't be fired for it. Although if customers called and said they didn't want me on there property I would lose my job. I lost my job. So talk to HR first. Tell them your plans. Se what the rules are. I would highly suggest you go 247 Cd/TG first. If your company will allow it. If your going all the way you'll have to any way. You el learn so much about yourself and others around you. You will also learn It's a lot of work getting ready everyday. All the preparation just to properly dress everyday. I love it no matter what. I get treated with respect most of the time. You will have to learn that not everyone is going to like it. You got to be fine with that as long as they are not stupid and hateful about it. Good luck.

linnea
07-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Best wishes.

luvSophia
07-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Would love to hear from other trans girls out there about how your work played out for you.
lol, No, you probably do not want to hear how it worked out, not from me anyway. But I worked for a small, family owned business that turned out to have a homophobic owner. I also worked for a company without much in the way of an HR policy in a right to work (=right to fire) state.

Best wishes though with your therapist visit. That was part of the turning point for me in my life.