PDA

View Full Version : en femme

stephiny10
07-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi ladies; When stepping out into the public how much and wh at kind of clothes do you wear to be offically en femme?

Chari
07-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Depending on the event, weather, and sometimes my mood, but ALWAYS what is age appropriate, and hopefully in a "classic" fashion! Some of todays younger GG outfits look sooo cute, but are not for me, at least not in public!

StaceyJane
07-20-2010, 08:49 AM
I love to wear skirts. Not short ones but mid calf length and a bit flowing feels nice.

AKAMichelle
07-20-2010, 09:05 AM
the simple rule is what would a woman wear in the same conditions of the same age. If you can answer that question then you have what to wear

Mirani
07-20-2010, 09:11 AM
how much and what kind of clothes do you wear to be officially en femme?

Hang on ... let's call the gender police!

There are NO club rules - we make up our own as we go along.

So a rule of thumb and a personal take on it: (just a GUIDE) ....

en femme can be from wearing androgynous or clothes made for women but not the whole "transformation" to the perfect imitation of a real woman and no one could tell (Nirvana :))

Dont worry about the rules - just try to be you and enjoy being you whether you can "pass", be ignored or noticed as a crossdresser.

Have fun.

Rachel Morley
07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
IMHO ... en femme to me (at least where I am concerned anyway) means not so much wearing women's clothes, it's more to do with all the "add-ons" that show that I am attempting to present as female i.e. when I wear a wig, breast forms and hip pads and also my feminine clothes and makeup then that's "fully en femme" to me. If I don't wear my wig, breast forms and padding then I feel like a guy in a dress or a boy in girls clothes. It's about how I feel about myself not so much trying to draw a line between what is an isn't designated "en femme" :2c:

Teri Jean
07-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Like Mirani has stated, there are no hard and fast rules. Thank God. If you sre going out clubing you may want to dress differently than lets say the mall. Obviously you probably wouldn't see many ladies in the Mall of America wearing a cute cocktail dress but you may see a skirt, jeans or shorts and a nice top.

Stephine, being from Minnesota myself the weather determines what is appropriate. As of late we have been warm and humid so wear what is comfortable and have fun. Wish you the best and hugs to you. Teri

wanagione
07-20-2010, 09:57 AM
i feel infemm all the time so even if its just girls jeans i'm happy. but don't get me wrong I always love to fully dress when i can!

jenna_woods
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I alway7s try to wear what women my age would wear in the weather conditions for that day, I live wearing skirts and do wen ever I can.

Megan Thomas
07-20-2010, 10:56 AM
When stepping out into the public how much and wh at kind of clothes do you wear to be offically en femme?

For me the answer is not what kind of clothes, but how much to have people refer to me in the female than the male. Frankly I could step out in mens jeans, t-shirt, and trainers but if i'm wearing my face and hair, have nail polish on, and carrying my handbag/purse then I'm more likely to be seen as female.

Clothes make'th the man but accessories make'th the woman ;)

Tricia Lee
07-20-2010, 11:22 AM
When I first started going out, I was convinced that I should only wear trousers and flats. I suppose that does help to blend in, and not bring attention to yourself.

But then it occurred to me that I wasn't really trying to pass in face-to-face situations anyway. I don't try to disguise my voice, or fool people into thinking I'm a woman. So it made more sense to start wearing heels and skirts like I want to.

Pythos
07-20-2010, 11:48 AM
I am not sure about others hear, but most pants or slacks I do not find to be any different to wear.

I hear people saying "to pass, you should blend in".

I don't know about you but I really don't want to "blend in".

That is part of the problem. Too many people "blending in".

There is no individuality for the most part.

I like to wear skirts, and to blend in I have to wear pants?j

Where is the fun in that? :)

Following hard and fast rules is not the way to go.

Oh, and age appropriate? What really does that mean?

Just because you are over a certain age you can't wear skirts that come up higher than the knee? That is just as limiting a way of thinking as "Men can't wear elegant clothing"

Teresa Ann
07-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi Ladies, There are as many answers to this as there are members here but for me it would have to be from the foundations, forms,makeup and hair to be truely dressed but a lot of time I am underdessed and with fem jeans or shorts but that does not count in my book.

Crysten
07-20-2010, 01:52 PM
I only ever go out of the house wearing a thick coating of peanut butter, and wrapped in tin foil.

I have no problems passing at all, because everyone runs like hell :).

donnatracey
07-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Following hard and fast rules is not the way to go.

Oh, and age appropriate? What really does that mean?

Just because you are over a certain age you can't wear skirts that come up higher than the knee? That is just as limiting a way of thinking as "Men can't wear elegant clothing"

I think that means that as a "mature" girl, I can't wear my pink girlie short/shorts outdoors. and blend in....just a guess.....:D

bianca66
07-20-2010, 02:54 PM
If shopping at Wal-mart then jeans and some open toe shoes with a low heel, and a simple hairstyle...The ballroom dance gown with high heels and long gloves and fabulous hairstyle doesn't go overly well for regular outings :doh: Unless you like the attention :D

Kate Simmons
07-21-2010, 03:58 AM
The clothes themselves don't really mean that much, they are basically window dressing. It's the frame of mind you have that determines if you are "en femme" or not.:)

t-girlxsophie
07-21-2010, 04:51 AM
I do love wearing skirts,and I don't think wearing them always makes you stand out,(obv on certain occasion's e.g. wearing micro mini in snowstorm it does) they make me feel feminine,and I make no apologys for that
If I do feel the urge to buy "young" clothes,ill keep that for home.Age appropriate doesn't mean unfashionable

:hugs:Sophie xx

Sarah Doepner
07-21-2010, 11:04 AM
IMHO ... en If I don't wear my wig, breast forms and padding then I feel like a guy in a dress or a boy in girls clothes. It's about how I feel about myself not so much trying to draw a line between what is an isn't designated "en femme" :2c:

I'm probably closest to Rachel here. It's more about how I feel about myself than what others think.

I hear people saying "to pass, you should blend in".

I don't know about you but I really don't want to "blend in".
"

And since I really don't present "Female" very well, blending in may be a little bit of a stretch for me anyway. I usually go for a look that will allow them to pass me by before they look back.

[QUOTE=Crysten;2212272]I only ever go out of the house wearing a thick coating of peanut butter, and wrapped in tin foil.[QUOTE]

Well put Crysten! On special occasions I like to use Nutella.

Maryesther M.
07-21-2010, 11:37 AM
People look at your face first and what you are wearing second, so it's got to be make-up and a wig + earrings/neck wear there, followed by an obviously femme top and boobs.
The bottom half is optional nowadays as so many ggs wear jeans/slacks/capris &c. Footwear would also have to be femme, I suppose, & the obligatory bag would be there, too.

suchacutie
07-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Being "en femme" is a state of mind that is unique to each of us. Some of us just want to wear a skirt and heels when we go out. Others of us (me included) work to leave our masculine selves behind as we consider our feminine selves a separate part of our being. In this latter case we do everything in our power to minimize any of the masculine "clues" that we send out as "guys", and we maximize any and all feminine "clues" so that we really feel the part of our feminine selves. The list of things we do is immense, of course, and I'm sure I'll miss a few, but here is a list that comes to mind immediately:

Hair, makeup, nail care/polish, breastforms and cleavage, body hair removal, minimizing waist, maximizing butt, showing off legs, stockings, heels, obviously feminine attire, jewelry, posture, gait, deportment (standing, sitting, etc), voice, use of language, topics of conversation, credit cards, identification, hiding/minimizing adam's apple, minimizing broad shoulders and strong arms, learning how to smile, learning how to giggle.....

All of this gives us internal feedback that yells in our ears, "feminine". Lastly there is the external feedback when we are treated as feminine creatures by those around us. All of the above details and the internal and external feedback tends to build confidence in the fact that our feminine side is predominant at that moment.

We are, "en femme".

tina

joann07
07-21-2010, 11:50 AM
As one girl said, it depends on the occassion.
For that everyday casual look, when I'm out running errands or shopping, I pretty much wear a denim mini and a casual top.
When going out at night to a club, I'm wearing a typical outfit or dress that GGs wear when out clubbing.
If I'm dining out at night, I may wear a nice dress or outfit.

Hugs!