PDA

View Full Version : I know my wife loves me

Kim_Bitzflick
07-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I just got back from a week of vacation (holiday for those across the pond). I met my brother & sisters and their families at an amusement park in northern Ohio. I had a good time, but today I found out from my wife how my family talks behind my back.

Apparently my brother was making comments about my pink shirt I was wearing that day (it was a standard MEN’S polo shirt but it was pink). My wife told me she stuck up for me & said she thinks I look good in pink. She said she was so mad she wanted to punch my brother.

So all said & done, I KNOW without a doubt my wife loves me, pink shirt, pink panties, CD’ing & all.

And today is my 19th wedding anniversary.

KarenCDFL
07-20-2010, 12:50 PM
At least now you know what to give your brother for his next birthday!

Teresa Ann
07-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Congratulations Kim on your 19th it sounds like you two have found something special and that you will be having many more happy years. Please do some very special for your lovely wife.

Kim_Bitzflick
07-20-2010, 01:09 PM

I LOVE IT! What a great idea. His Birthday is in a few weeks.

JustWendy
07-20-2010, 02:40 PM
19 years ago you joined your life with a very special lady. Wishing you both many, many more happy years together.
Wendy

Maryesther M.
07-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Lovely story. So delighted for you that you have such a loving and supportive wife.
One hot Summer day while I was working abroad I met my wife at a rendesvous wearing light grey shorts, standard male pink tee, but also pink socks, which she immediately said were over the top, so they came off. Weeks later on I noticed she had removed the pink tee from my wardrobe, nothing said, so there !

BRANDYJ
07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
First and foremost, I wish you and your wife a very Happy Anniversary.
Odd that your brother would make such a remark over just a man's pink shirt. I used to wear pink shirts when I had to wear a suit to work everyday. Even back in the 70's abd 80's. It never even occurred to me that someone would pick up on my being a CD simply because I wore a pink shirt. In fact, many men wore pink shirts back then. I think they look great. Especially with a grey suit. Funny, I never associated weariong a pink shirt with my own TG interests.

DonnaT
07-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Aww, quite lovely. Congratulations Kim.

PretzelGirl
07-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Congrats on the 19th anniversary Kim. And give her one of these from us - :hugs:

Andrea Reynolds
07-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Yes she does love you. Happy Anniversary. Andrea

Christina Horton
07-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Give him insted of a pink shirt give him (in his size) a nice pink dress and make a card say,
" my wife said how much you liked my pink shirt a that I thought you might like this dress. I dare you to wear it!!!!"

See what he does. Lol. If you don't like that ten the pink shirt is great. And when ever you give him a gift from now on make it pink. What ever it is tools colthes etc. Keep us posted

Kerigirl2009
07-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Congrats on the anniversary!!!!!! And I too love thepink Polo shirts

soloman56
07-20-2010, 11:53 PM
My family gives me a hard time about wearing bike shorts when I'm, gasp, cycling so I wouldn't worry too much about someone being ignorant about a pink shirt.

Rachel Morley
07-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Happy anniversary! 19 is awesome. I really hope we get there, we're on 7 at the moment :)

Yep, having a wife who defends you when others make comments about your choices in clothes (especially more girly ones) is great. I'm happy for you. :hugs:

t-girlxsophie
07-21-2010, 01:01 AM
I LOVE IT! What a great idea. His Birthday is in a few weeks.

Is it possible to buy him a new Personality,I mean being offended by a guy wearing pink :eek:,they do say you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family

Congratulations on your 19th Anniversary,:drink: to many,many more wonderful years together.Its very special when you have someone who Understands and accepts you.

:hugs:Sophie xx

Teddie
07-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Good for her! And, you! Hope you enjoyed Cedar Point. :battingeyelashes:

RachelDenise
07-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Kudos to your wife! It's nice for someone to have your back! She's a keeper so treat her nicely!

Kim_Bitzflick
07-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments & suggestions.

I do have a great wife.

Normally I don't do anything but send a card on his birthday. I think the pink dress may be a little too much for him (plus it's a waste of a good dress).

victoriamwilliams1
07-21-2010, 07:03 AM
A nice pink outfit for him with pink short and a pink polo should work great for your brother:) Happy 19th Anniversary! :)

kimdl93
07-21-2010, 03:05 PM

That is a great idea, include a note that compliments him on how good he looks in pastels!

Dee Baker
07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Kim,

Happy anniversary to you and your lovely wife. I think it’s great that she supports you.
BTW I like wearing my pink polos and T-shirts too. If I have to dress in drab at least I can wear pink.

Nancie64
07-21-2010, 10:52 PM
I would keep her, your wife I mean. As for your brother, will just ignore him. We all have to live our own life. I never give it a thought when I wear the bright colors. Since when can't men wear brighter colors.

AKAMichelle
07-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Congratulations on your 19th. Glad both of you like pink since it seems to be one of your favorite colors. :D

JamieLH
07-22-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't think it would be out of the ordinary to see a guy in a pink shirt at Cedar Point ;-)

Kim_Bitzflick
07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't think it would be out of the ordinary to see a guy in a pink shirt at Cedar Point ;-)

NO it's not that odd. there were some people there my brother referred to as "freaks". His statement was "Watch, this is the time when all the freaks come out."

I KNOW he would have a problem with my CD'ing if he knew.

Abbey Lane
07-24-2010, 08:13 PM
It takes a real man to wear pink but us ladies love it as well. I wear pink and no one says anything. in fact, last year I had a golf tournament and I wore pink knickers for the cancer event. People were stunned but it was my cause for cancer.. Congrats on your anniversary. Good luck with brother in future events.

Rianna Humble
07-25-2010, 02:11 AM
I think anyone would be stunned to see someone playing golf dressed only in pink knickers :heehee:

It must have taken a lot of nerve, I hope you raised a lot of cash for your charity