PDA

View Full Version : Management Handling My Transition !!!

Felix
07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
I have been out at work for almost four years to some and to the management and the rest of the staff two years. The head has never made it easy for me or the staff from the start. My line manager wanted to tell all the staff together with me. The Head stopped that and made me go round and tell everybody on an individual basis Almost two years down the line and staff tell me they feel it was handled wrongly and they needed training or the way we wanted to do it in the first place So being as my GRS is close at hand I decided enough was enough and to stop all the confusion I would ask for some Trans Gender Awareness training :/ The Deputy Head wanted to make the training compulsory but the Head said no and has made it optional. I have had to agree as it covers my back but I'm not happy really as I think in some small way it promotes discrimination So I'm promoting it to peeps I won't be in there coz I want peeps to feel comfortable to ask anything. My Advocate Helen Is doing the training so that will be good as a lot know her already xx Felix :hugs:

Faith_G
07-20-2010, 04:26 PM
That's great! Now people who care will get the information they need and those who are being ignorant will no linger have any excuses for rude behavior.

Andy66
07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Sounds good. I wish they would do "awareness" things at workplaces more often - not only for Transpeople, but for all sorts of minorities.