PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow, telling Doctor everything....

Susan G
07-20-2010, 05:41 PM
I have an appt with my MD tomorrow. I told another MD (same clinic) a year ago. I told her because I was tired of cleaning off my toe nails prior to the visit, and nervious about being discovered when not all polish is removed. I am certain the worry caused my B/P to rise at the visits. I first was told by the first MD "I don't care". Then, at the end off the appt, I got a rude comment said in a scolding tone "You know, some of Society doesn't approve of this". I am 100% certain she was not pleased, and spouting her own views. I do not Crossdress for Societies approvel. I since have been turned away from seeing her when I had an appt, which dis-appeared the day I came for the appt. I was told then, "no problem, her calender for the day is clear. Then, I saw her put on her coat to leave, after she was told I was there.
I have "purged" all of my male underwear. I did this the end of May, and Love every second of it. I will not go out and buy male underwear, nor will I clean off my Pink toes. I will wear nice street male outer clothes. I will explain I crossdress for me, and do not desire to shock others, and will not, for now, come to clinic in a dress. I have a letter from my Therapist explaining I am under treatment for a woman in transition, and should be granted all rights. In other words, I was told this would help me in case I am approached for using ladies restrooms. I will have the letter with.
I will tell tomorrow's MD, that I dress for myself, for that is who I am. I am hopeful all goes well. It will be interesting. I would Love to get Spiro, but that is elusive to me. I will mention that as a dis-appointment over all of this.

DonnaT
07-20-2010, 06:10 PM
I hope this MD is more civil in dealing with you.

Teresa Ann
07-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Good Luck Susan and let us know how it went, I think this visit will not be as bad as the first. I hope that this helps keep your blood pressure down.

Gerrijerry
07-20-2010, 06:27 PM
I have been to several doctors and once a nurse told me about the same thing. I asked her when did the rules for being a nurse and doctor change. help everyone treat all with respect. I then asked to see the doctor again. waited about twenty minutes. told the doctor what happened. the next time I came to that office I was told that the nurse had been replaced.If it had been the doctor that said that to me. I would have reported him or her to the medical board. Things like that should be reported. Just my 2 cents

carrie-ann
07-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I have not been to my MD in over a year. So the next time I go enfem will be interesting. You did the wright thing.

Elizebeth
07-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I can't beleive that Doctor I would be looking for an other clinic.

Loni
07-20-2010, 08:03 PM
yes get another Dr but first report her to the A.M.A board.
this is misconduct becoming of a Dr and can result in fines and if a pattern is seen possible loss of her medical license.
a Dr does not have to like the patient. just do her/his job.

far better for her to have said she has a problem with this and if you could seek another Dr for your needs.

Jamie001
07-21-2010, 12:02 AM
I don't really see why there is a reason to tell your doctor. If your doctor asks just tell him that you like to wear nail polish. I'm sure he/she doesn't question males wearing earrings. There is no reason to tell him/her that you are TG unless you feel that you need to and there is no reason to remove your toenails polish. It is no different than a tattoo. Most people don't apologize to their doctor for having a tattoo. It is your body and you are free to have a tattoo or paint your toenails or any other body adornment that you may like.

Lorileah
07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
I have to disagree that it isn't your doctor's business what you do and how you dress. It is pertinent to your whole being and when you keep a secret like that you keep information that maybe important to how you will be treated.

Being forthcoming with your doctor will allow you and them to make the right judgment as to treatment. Case in point, if you are stressed about being transgendered then that will make you blood pressure rise and you could have insomnia. treatment? You could probably care for these by behavior changes and I don't mean stop dressing, I mean realize that you are TG and quit fretting over it. Your doctor has many things to consider and although it may be easier to just Rx something, it will be better for YOU (and that is who the Dr is working for) if no Rx treatment would be pertinent.

Rachel Morley
07-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Well, even though I once went to a doctors appointment in panties (she didn't see them) I personally don't see why should should take the risk in sharing this perosnal information with her. Having said all that, her attitude is appalling and you don't need this BS in your life ... change your doctor, there's no way they would get my money after that kind of "treatment" (pun intended) :straightface:

GaleWarning
07-21-2010, 12:46 AM
I am certain the worry caused my B/P to rise at the visits.

This comment would seem to support Lori's point of view.