PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Mishandled This

CallMeMeg
07-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Long story short, I did a past-life regression with my wife, a friend, and ten or so other women we did not know. The hypnotist put me in a corner where I felt I had to admit I crossdressed, which I did. But I keep wondering if I could have avoided that. It didn't bother me, but it probably bothered my wife and she's been pushing back since then.

Long story long can be found in my blog (http://youcancallmemeg.blogspot.com/2010/06/but-i-digress.html).

Mikaela
07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm sure it seems very meaningful, but that stuff doesn't really doesn't pass scientific muster. If it did, half of us have been Cleopatra. Just on numbers alone, there are more people alive now than have ever been in history, so....

Hypnosis on the other hand, is real (not the parlor trick crap), and opens you up to a lot of yourself you normally don't. I skimmed your post and I think if you didn't know what they were (I just mentioned it to someone via email), I don't think you would have put it together. I'd also wonder if the details of the experience check out historically and factually.

That said, hypnotized or not, you mentioned the answer to the costuming. People who lie categorically and believe their own falsehoods can do it in hypnosis and lie detection tests. You could have avoided it if your walls were thick enough, but it doesn't matter now. Time to have another discussion with the wife and get the repercussions done and over with, good or bad.

<3

CallMeMeg
07-20-2010, 08:56 PM
The follow-up was done after the hypnosis. I felt like I was playing 20 questions and not answering truthfully, so I did what I thought I had to.

And Mikaela, we are quite opposites. I am both a nut and a Meg. :)

Kate Simmons
07-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Sometimes we are not quite ready for the knowledge we receive. It will come out when it is supposed to and is triggered by the proper cue.:)

CallMeMeg
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Penny, I'm not sure it was graceful. I didn't mind the friend being there, but I did wonder what my wife would think the friend would think about her, not me. Did that make sense?

It would've been easier without the friend being there. That's for sure.

kimdl93
07-21-2010, 04:36 PM
after reading your blog, I think you handled the situation just fine. Sure, you might have avoided it, but no harm seems to have been done. Your wife is probably a bit taken aback by your open response when pressed on CDing, but given the reaction of your friend I think everything is cool. Give your wife a chance to talk this through with you, to work out her concerns, and who knows, maybe Meg will get to join that women's group after all!

Barbara Jo
07-21-2010, 05:28 PM
When wil the myth of hypnosis finally be put to rest?
Hypnosis is nothing more than relaxing an individual and suggesting they do or say somthing they already want to do.

Hypnosis is simply the power of suggestion and it has been proven that it can't make you think or do anything you don't already want to do.

Hypnosis does have a place but, lets seperate real hypnosis frome the media shows and misleading demostations