PDA

View Full Version : State and Federal Government should recognize more genders

FemmeElastique
07-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I think states should officially recognize that there are more genders than just male and female. Like, they should be put on drivers licenses and ID cards. Here are the genders that should be recognized and their label on the drivers licenses, ID cards, and passports:

Male (M)
Female (F)
Intersex (I)
Gender Fluid/GenderQueer (GF)
Adrogynous (A)
Male to Female Transsexual (M2F)
Female to Male Transsexual (F2M)

For persons who are GF like me, there would be 2 photos on the license. Some of you may notice on your license that there is a primary photo which is real-time color and secondary photo that is faded in the background. I think the 2 photo thing is just in some states. I propose that the primary photo be who you are primarily. For me, it would be me as a guy. Then the secondary photo would be the other you, which for me would be the pics in my profile.

So, I'd like to know what you think!

bianca66
07-22-2010, 06:39 PM
The government has enough problems recognizing Female & Male same sex relationships...Just imagine all the others, oh my! :devil:

FemmeElastique
07-22-2010, 07:49 PM
ha ha! That is so true!

StaceyJane
07-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Maybe they should just leave the gender part off altogether.

Lori_Anne
07-22-2010, 08:01 PM
:iagree: 150% ................Gender should only matter when our interactions are on a personal levle.

eluuzion
07-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Well, we are still on course for the enevitable government goal of having each individual having all personal data in one place. All you will need to do anything (purchases, banking, ID, etc) will be your personal "ID center", which is now called a cell phone. We will see the day where it will be mandatory for every person to carry one. It will be the only thing required and contain everything about you.

Kewl eh? :brolleyes: yah, right...:eek:

In the meantime, here is a link on changing your name or gender on Federal documents...
http://transgenderlawcenter.org/pdf/Federal%20Policies%20or%20Practices.pdf

:love:

Shari
07-23-2010, 05:47 AM
I agree with Lori Ann completely.

Cute idea, but not practical.

After all, aren't we regulated by big brother enough?

Kate Simmons
07-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Point taken my friend but the government has enough problems acknowledging 2 genders. Any more than that would really throw them into chaos.:heehee:

Phyliss
07-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I really don't want the goobermint figuring out what kind of gender I am. I have enough of a problem doing that myself. The last thing I want is for those congress critters at foggy bottom doing my thinking for me.

suit
07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe they should just leave the gender part off altogether.

right , just send your $$$ they know your number ,the rest they really dont care about!

DeeDeeB
07-23-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure if it is Denmark or the Netherlands, but one of them requires cross dressers to have two drivers licenses, one for each gender. If they can handle it, why the heck can't the most sophisticated information society like us? It must be time to ask.

Dee :fairy1:

Sherry-Stephanie
07-23-2010, 08:11 PM
As long as goverment has it's roots in political idealogy of liberal and conservatism, I seriously doubt that will happen anytime soon...

Plus they tend to have some serious difficulties in dealing with simple issues...can you imagine how they'd do in a complex area????

Would you really want some GS 5 determining what gender you are????

Leyna
07-23-2010, 09:21 PM
A political discussion...ew.

:tongueout

Alice Torn
07-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Out west, one state can't even decide how to spell its name! Is it California, or is it Kahlifohrnia? And Arizona is not even allowed to govern itself.

BLUE ORCHID
07-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi Femme

I think Monday I will call Obama and ask if I can be his
Gender Czar.

Orchid

Sedona
07-24-2010, 06:45 AM
IMO, until most people in America understand what "intersex" or "genderqueer" is (I don't), I'm fine with the current M or F format, but as chosen by the card bearer, not the issuer.

Hey, you asked!

vetobob9
07-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I think states should officially recognize that there are more genders than just male and female. Like, they should be put on drivers licenses and ID cards. Here are the genders that should be recognized and their label on the drivers licenses, ID cards, and passports:

Male (M)
Female (F)
Intersex (I)
Gender Fluid/GenderQueer (GF)
Adrogynous (A)
Male to Female Transsexual (M2F)
Female to Male Transsexual (F2M)

For persons who are GF like me, there would be 2 photos on the license. Some of you may notice on your license that there is a primary photo which is real-time color and secondary photo that is faded in the background. I think the 2 photo thing is just in some states. I propose that the primary photo be who you are primarily. For me, it would be me as a guy. Then the secondary photo would be the other you, which for me would be the pics in my profile.

So, I'd like to know what you think!

As someone who has worked on proposed laws, I've thought about and came up with the following possible scheme based on the latest genetic studies:

Boy=B
Girl=G
Boy Girl=BG
Girl Boy= GB
Male To Female=MF
Female to Male= FM

The most important thing, however, is we need a law to ban parents from putting their newly born child through the inhumane torture of sex reassignment surgery just because they don't feel religiously comfortable with the child's anatomy. If it functions, the law should be leave it be.

vetobob9
07-24-2010, 07:38 PM
What is gender queer?

Samantha43
07-24-2010, 11:37 PM
I disagree. Where would it stop?

You either have xx or xy chromosomes. It's not a multiple choice question.

RobinScott
07-25-2010, 09:34 AM
I just wish when you signed up for 'Stuff' (Like this forum) they did not force you to choose Male or Female.

When I signed up for my Robin Facebook page, I was able to just not respond to that question. (They fixed that now, other pages I was forced to choose one). Several sites, when forced, I enter 'Female' and let them figure it out.

Love,
Robin