PDA

View Full Version : Does your weight dictate cding?

Monica73
07-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I've been through some tough mental times here in the last year and have gained a good 20 lbs and I was overweight already. I'm just wondering if any of you stop cding when you have gained weight...I mean I just feel less feminine right now. Not sure why.

Mentally I'm thinking oh that outfit is so cute and then I realize I can't wear the size I was in before. So I really haven't dressed en femme in a couple months at least.

I hate gaining weight! :Angry3:

AKAMichelle
07-23-2010, 01:45 PM
When I finally came to grips with cd'ing and began to accept myself, I was 30 pounds lighter. I put a lost more weight to a total of 47 pounds. Then when I quit cd'ing, I put all of the weight right back on. People are going to read most of us anyway. Whether we are overweight or not. So what does it really matter in the end.

I am preparing to fly en femme overweight and everything. I am not going to let someone prevent me from being myself. I am adding a picture of my outfit I just bought for my flight. You can easily tell that I am not showing that hour glass figure. :devil:

Katesback
07-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Perhaps now you know why women tend to favor shoes! It is the only constant physicality they have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie

Monica73
07-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks Michelle...now I don't feel soooo alone!

AKAMichelle
07-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks Michelle...now I don't feel soooo alone!

Here is the link to the photo I mentioned earlier. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136096

:D

Christina Horton
07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm 5 10 and 270 so if you think I don't feel fem right now well you'd be wrong. I am plus size and I wear short skirts and top with no sleaves and I love it. You don't have to be Kathy Lake skinny to feel fem. You jus. Need you To loke the way you look and let's face it. How many GGs like the way they look all the time. Just fined cothes you like and wear them. Be happy don't worrie!!!

Elle1946
07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I also have picked up some weight. That is why I went to the next size larger. I guess that is why they make the next size larger. But,I still do dress a lot, just try to avoid full length mirrors.

Sandy Banks
07-23-2010, 03:06 PM
I've stopped dressing until I drop more weight, 8lbs. down and 18 to go.................

Tasha McIntyre
07-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm just wondering if any of you stop cding when you have gained weight.

Hi Monica, No I don't stop because I gain weight, but I definately increase my CDing when my weight is under control.

Tash :)

Tommie T.
07-23-2010, 04:33 PM
The good part about my modest weight gain is my breasts are larger.Now if only my waist will get smaller and boobs remain as they are as I lose weight it will be great.I'm on a drug for my protate and one of the side effects is breast growth which I am experiencing so maybe my wish will come true.Stay tuned.But back to your point,no,why quit dressing.Women come in all shapes and sizes,buy larger panties.

Dee2U
07-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I certainly enjoy being enfemme more now that I am slimmer and more slender. It is very frustrating when I am not in shape but I cd none the less for it - just am not as happy with myself when I am larger. Being smaller feels far more feminine. As noted above I too am concerned about becoming too muscular with my daily workouts. Thankfully most exercise videos are femme - centred; do not over work the upper body or alt least there are many that are abs and lower body focused. Good luck on losing weight....Dee

MaryKatherine
07-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Ive had the problem of being skinny and not able to gain weight. haha

This is one reason i feel im a girl at heart, i feel natural being skinny,
but i also have my male life too which means my friends are working
and getting buff and im not sure wether i should keep my feminine figure
or beef up.

Anyone have this problem also?:heehee:

jenna_woods
07-23-2010, 04:44 PM
For me my weight has not stoped me from cressdressing, I would reather be slim and wen I am dressed I do watch what I eat more,

DeeDeeB
07-23-2010, 08:47 PM
OMG if I put on some more weight I may have to shop for more clothes! How distressing is that?

Dee :fairy1:

Tiffany6791
07-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I"ve done that and still do. I think it's been over a year since I've done anything related to crossdressing. It just doesn't feel the same as I did before and I know that sounds crazy. I should just do it no matter what since gg's don't have that option.

michellebesweet
07-23-2010, 10:24 PM
I have gained weight and lost it, but mostly gained it. I have never stopped CDing because of it. I see real GGs that are bigger then me, wearing less then me, wow, and some are really ugly, yuk.

I look at it as women come in all shapes and sizes, just work with it, and dress it up, tuck it in, cover it up, use the secrets that all women use.

Michaela42
07-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, at one time (age 25 to 29) I was a size 20. I know many of you are saying "that's huge!" Well sisters I am now a size 28-30 and you had better believe that it has caused my desire to dress to go down a great deal. That is not the only reason I do not dress as much any longer (the housing situation has a lot to do with it) but what I would not give for a magic wand to drop about 150 lbs :daydreaming:

Tara Lutschich
07-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Wearing my daisy dukes as a male in 1976 ( they weren't called that then and guys wore them) to today in my daisy's, I'd rather be in my daisies today as Tara than not worrying about the extra pounds.

Farrah
07-23-2010, 11:21 PM
I know exactly how your feel....I was already overweight and like you, I've gained.. I've told myself i will now dress until i'm down to a more suitable weight. I feel like in turn will help me as a male as well. I'm trying my best to get down to at least the size of the average woman...

Maryesther M.
07-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I have only modest fluctuations to deal with. I actively row and compete, so a few pounds gained in the Summer holiday period or at Christmas/New Year are rapidly burned off in the weeks following resumption of regular training.
Even those few pounds do make a difference to the ease or difficulty of getting zips to do up, especially the less accessible ones at the back. I'd never go out and buy larger femme clothes to accommodate an increase in weight, so I can understand those who give up CD-ing after a large weight increase.
At 6'2" I have weighed in at about 200 lbs constantly for some 46 years, now.
Needless to say, I'd never 'pass'.

Monica73
07-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Thank you all so much for your encouragement. I went out and bought a push up bra and a nightgown. I'll be sleeping well tonight...good thing my wife isn't home. She doesn't much care for me cding.

Tina B.
07-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Womens clothes come in all sizes, I know because I own most of those sizes, As long as someone will make them big enough I will still dress, And even in a plus size I still see women taller, larger, and heavier than me, so why would I give it up. And yes I feel better in a size 8 than a size 18, but I still feel good dressed!
Tina B.

Audrey34
07-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi Monica. I'm a plus size gal and while I've been exercising and changing my diet in order to lose weight, I still enjoy dressing up in my plus size clothes! I have a lot of pretty items and I refuse to let my bulk discourage me. My weight has been going down in small increments (3 lbs here, 5 lbs there), I get a little frustrated but my doctor tells me losing it slowly is the best way. Keep your chin up Monica. And best of luck!
-Audrey

Sabrina
07-27-2010, 03:56 AM
People are going to read most of us anyway. Whether we are overweight or not. So what does it really matter in the end.

Words to live by.

Desiree2bababe
07-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Yes, most definately. Just don't feel sexy as a size 22 when I used to be a 14

Pipi
07-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Before I started crossdressing my weight was actually a reason that stopped me from doing it.

When I knew that the time was running out during which I could still achieve to look somehow attractive en femme I prepared myself with a 12 month diet, loosing about 20 pounds.

Although now I rarely manage to actively crossdress, I still enjoy to be slimmer, fitter and healthier...

KristyPa
07-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Weight does have an effect on me going out. I was a 14 now I'm a 16. I won't go out until I'm back down to a 14.
I just don't feel as confident in my look and if i don't feel confident I'm not going out.

Charolette time
07-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Due to my recent weight loss due to Gastrict bypass surgery, (245pounds) I fine myself able to buy clothes that fit more comfortable and easier to get into, and in the summer months when its real hot out that I dont tend to sweat as much, and its easier on the pocket book not having to go to specialty stores to find things that fit more approppet ,so yes I find the weight loss does affect my dressing, Charolette

KayleeDahl
07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
I certainly feel more comfortable when I am dressed when my weight is down. Womens clothes are much tighter, and do tend to display any flaws...

That said, if I stopped dressing altogether, i'd probably get stressed out and eat! lol

My motivation for staying fit, exercize etc, is always to look better in kaylee's clothes! Not sure what that says about me, but whatever.. :)

Hugs
Kaylee

Monica73
07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
KayleeDahl...that is I think going to be my motivation. That is to make Monica look more beautiful. It's just so flippin hot and muggy out there...guess I should use that gym membership I have :)

MsJenna
07-31-2010, 08:09 PM
I have a few things, which fit me at my current size. I am 5'11" and about 220 lbs, btw, not a great body for cd'ng, lol. I keep thinking about going shopping, but I really don't want to spend any more on womens clothing till I lose some weight. So, for now, weight isn't stopping me, but it is hindering me.

Susan4
07-31-2010, 09:44 PM
... The forest would be silent if the overweight birds didn't sing.

I never let my dress size get in the way of my happiness.

Hugs
Susan