PDA

View Full Version : A Shapeshifter Day

Persephone
07-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Yesterday my spouse had an appointment in a different part of town, an area that we once lived in, but are seldom in now.

For various reasons I was in sort of androgynous guy mode -- longish and loose girl shorts and a pink polo shirt.

After her appointment, I reminded her that one of our old favorite department stores was in that area, so we decided to go shopping.

We each found some items in the misses' section and we wanted to try them on. So I did a quick swipe of lipstick and one of my shapeshifts and we headed for the fitting rooms.

The woman at the entrance to the fitting rooms said they were all full and we'd have to wait a moment. My spouse spotted an open handicapped stall on the left (she qualifies for it) and started to head in that direction, saying, "Can we use that one?"

The woman said, "Ladies, you can't use that one, it's on the men's side!"

Then she said, "You know what, nobody's there, go ahead."

Afterwards we found some more items, so it was back to the fitting rooms, this time the woman guided us to a room on the women's side.

We did our try-ons and decided on some items (I rejected two dresses and several other items, but kept a pair of shorts and a cute tanktop).

We paid for our items and left.

As we were leaving the parking lot, my spouse remembered that there was a specialty food store on that side of town that we wanted to check out.

Only there was a bit of a problem. It is in an ethnic store in the area of a culture that frowns upon women exposing their bodies.

My spouse was wearing long pants and sleeves that covered her upper arms, so while they don't really like women in pants, at least she was appropriately covered.

But I was in short sleeves and shorts, O.K. in that area for a guy, but not for a woman.

I didn't need withering stares and rude comments, so a quick scrubbing of my lips, another shapeshift of attitude, posture, and facial expression, and "he" was back to complete our shopping day.

I love my life!!!

Sarah Doepner
07-23-2010, 07:22 PM
It would take me way too much effort and material support to flip back and forth that way. It's almost like, do I dare say it? You have a secret super power! Very cool and pretty darn convienent.

Kathi Lake
07-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorry you had to shapeshift again. It's funny to see how that annoys you. Funny in a good way.

:)

Kathi