PDA

View Full Version : What's your biggest fear?

NV Susan
07-24-2010, 12:21 AM
So, your all dressed up {or thinking about it}....what's your biggest fear when going out en femme?
My biggest fear is getting locked out of my hotel room when traveling. I always get at least two room key cards but always wonder if they will work when I get back. I would hate to have to go to the front desk and show my male ID.....:o

LeannL
07-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Getting in an accident while driving.

All of the hotel people that I have had to show male ID to have not flinched BTW.

Leann

LaurenEP
07-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Being seen by a student, having rumors (the truth) spread, and my job getting a LOT harder.

AmiFL
07-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Being outed by my wife.... it is only a matter of time before she announces to the world I crossdress.....or have crossdressed.

LaurenEP
07-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Being outed by my wife.... it is only a matter of time before she announces to the world I crossdress.....or have crossdressed.
Yikes! Deliberately or carelessly?

MaryKatherine
07-24-2010, 01:12 AM
I have never gone out fully dressed but my biggest fear would have to be being called out by a good friend.

AKAMichelle
07-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Although my kids and wife knows. My biggest fear would be running into my kids out somewhere will dressed. I don't want to hurt them by seeing me dressed.

Miley
07-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Breaking a nail......arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg

No, no just joking, probably being seen by someone who knows me and getting read and asked...."what are you doing in that dress?"

Kate Simmons
07-24-2010, 03:36 AM
The best way to conquer fear is to confront it head on. That being said not everyone is worthy of being a Green Lantern.:)

noeleena
07-24-2010, 04:15 AM
Hi.
My biggest fear . was ( past tense ) not being accepted as a woman , that s now long past,
( present tense ) accepted . as a person & as a woman ,

...noeleena...

Maryesther M.
07-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Quite obviously it's the secrecy some of us want to preserve. Discovery of my femme trove, pictures and computer entries would be the worst.

Angiemead12
07-24-2010, 05:25 AM
just seeing someone who knows of me? I actually dont know why it scares me so much...

Paula_56
07-24-2010, 05:44 AM
So, your all dressed up {or thinking about it}....what's your biggest fear when going out en femme?
My biggest fear is getting locked out of my hotel room when traveling.

This use to be a fear of mine also, It's a funny thing I typically arrive in the late mornig go to my room get dressed and then go to the front desk, and ask for a bottle of water to charge to my room. I lov the reactions i get and it is always postive,

PretzelGirl
07-24-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm like Miley. I don't want to break a heel. Let's see, 3 inch on one foot and 0 inch on the other.

I would like to not be out at work, so I would rather I don't run into them. But, if you totally can't handle being out, then you should never cross the doorway.

eluuzion
07-24-2010, 09:47 AM
The typical "running into somebody I know" or having somebody like my "ex" tell me later that somebody she knows saw me dressed like a woman someplace.

and, of course, having some "peripheral visionary" with an IQ smaller than my dress size make a big public scene involving me, that ends up on the evening news broadcast.
:eek:

:love:

Sarah Doepner
07-24-2010, 09:58 AM
My biggest fear, regardless of the situation, is violating the trust and support my wife has given me. Her fears, regardless of the reality behind them, are the limiting factor in much of what I do, and that's okay by me because it is balanced by lots of freedom and love.

My closest friends will probably give me a pass on this, after having fun with it first. I'm retired and don't go to church, so I'm not worried about being outted there, my kids are all adults and if they don't already know, they probably won't be too shocked. It's her parents in their late 80's and the grandkids that she wants to "protect" from this.

JenniferR771
07-24-2010, 10:23 AM
In a thrift store with wig,, bought a whole outfit, put it on, paid; got male clothes in a bag. Lady we know from church walks in with her two kids 8 and 10 years old. Really happened. I slipped into fitting room; told the friendly store clerk and she helped me hide until the lady was about 50 feet away--and then I slipped out. I was longest 5 minutes of my life.

Nicole Brown
07-24-2010, 11:06 AM
My biggest fear is getting all dressed up and going out for diner with a friend. After diner going for a walk along the beach on the boardwalk and getting a heel caught in an opening between the boards and falling flat on my face.

Oh, wait a minute, I have already done that.

KendraGreen
07-24-2010, 11:09 AM
This very thing has happened to me. Worst of it is that I had a beard at the time. I just wanted to dress and go for a drive. I presented myself at the front desk and explained that I was going to a costume party and had locked my key in the room. The desk clerk wasn't buying that by the look on her face. Very embarrassing but in the scheme of things, was not a problem.

KendraGreen
07-24-2010, 11:14 AM
My biggest fear has always been being found out by my friends. Well, I told 3 of my closest friends this past week. The only feedback I got was, so what, we still love you. This is a group of 4, 2 men, 2 women. We now joke about it and I feel loved and accepted for who I am. I have not and probably will not dress in front of them. It is still something that I associate with sex and that just isn't part of our dynamic. We tease and fool around about sex, but I would never bring it in to the dynamic. The other male in the group is effeminate, but insists he is not gay. He has shopped for one of the women in the group and has offered to help me shop. A little different in the scheme of things, it is usually the gg friends that help the CD shop. All in all, my greatest fear has become my greatest joy. We all need and want to be loved in this world, and they love me for me, not what clothes I wear or what I find sexually stimulating.

CallMeMeg
07-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, my last time out I flew as Meg and had to check into the hotel with male ID ~ not a problem. Before that, I went to a clothing swap meetup and a tire blew up afterwards (http://youcancallmemeg.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-post.html). I had to call the repair guy because I was NOT about to mess up my favourite dress changing a tire! And I was more worried about some good samaritan stopping to help a helpless lady and discovering his mistake than meeting the repair guy.

I outed myself to a group of women (and one guy) once, in the name of fairness. The day before, I would've listed that as a fear!

I'd say my biggest fear still is rejection by people close to me. I wrote a post about fears (http://youcancallmemeg.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-can-call-me-cautious.html) a couple of weeks ago.

And Kendra, it's amazing how many of our fears are unfounded!

AmiFL
07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
unfotunately it would be on purpose .... you know the story about a "woman scorned".... it is what it is and i will deal with it when it happens

Tanya83
07-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Running into a co-worker. Although that fear is slowly subsiding...

Cheryl T
07-24-2010, 12:03 PM
A flat tire ... in the pouring rain ... at night and getting myself and my outfit soaked while changing the tire because I didn't bring sneakers and jeans with me.
Not to mention my makeup being ruined and my hair all flat and silly looking.

Lorileah
07-24-2010, 12:05 PM
falling down the stairs (because I am clumsy)

Teri Jean
07-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Being I am transitioning one would say not much but the truth be known it is loosing my daughters and grandson. The rest of the world can get in line.

Leyna
07-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Being recognized by someone from church. That would horrible. I would never be able to go back again.

TxKimberly
07-24-2010, 01:22 PM
My biggest fear is that some day my children may pay a price for what I am. After that, all other fears are inconsequential.

Stop worrying about getting locked out of your room. It has happened to me and it was no big deal. In fact, I would credit that as being one of the pivotal moments in my TG life. I had to go to the counter and get my keys reprogrammed (I also carry two and both failed). The folks at the counter treated me with respect and it was no big deal. This taught me that it was possible to interact well with people and that the world doesn't come to an end when others know that you are a cross dresser.

bianca66
07-24-2010, 01:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pu_qz3iVAw&feature=related

Barbara Dugan
07-24-2010, 01:57 PM
getting outed at work :doh:

Audrey34
07-24-2010, 02:01 PM
The very few times I've been out dressed (usually with the other sisters from my group) is fear of harassment. Being called names, getting laughed at and people looking scornfully at me. When I was a child, I was always being picked on (I was the chubby, brainy fat kid) got into a lot of fights and was sometimes chased home by the other kids. I guess that fear comes out when I appear in public dressed.
However, the last time I appeared on the streets a bunch of us visited a wig shop not far from our meeting place. We parked about a block and a half from the shop so of course we had to walk from the cars to the shop. Well, I lifted my head high and put on my best stride as I made my way to the shop with my sisters. Nobody bothered us or said anything to us but it felt like the longest walk of my life!
-Audrey

Abbey Lane
07-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Is getting caught at home. I dress only at home never gone out. Wife doesn't know fear would be her walking in and seeing me in my attire. Or catching me writing this over my shoulder..I have to be so careful..

Tranny Tee
07-25-2010, 02:14 AM
I am very slowly outing myself but am not ready for the world to learn I am a crossdresser. The more people that learn of my dressing means that there are fewer to worry about discovering my 'secret.' The major reason I am concerned is for no more important reason than force of habit.

I do have a bad habit of forgetting my room key, many desk clerks have seen me en femme presenting male ID to get an extra key. None has ever been anything but polite and professional.