PDA

View Full Version : How feminine are you in male mode?

AKAMichelle
07-24-2010, 10:33 AM
I went yesterday to set an appointment for getting a topper wig system to cover my bald spot. Starting on Aug 7th I will be wearing my own hair when I go out.

One of the things which came up during the meeting was what color I wanted. Since I have to color my hair some to deal with the salt n pepper look, the hairstylist brought out a wig with brown hair and highlights. My first thought was that it was too radical of a step for me at this point. Since I wear my hair in a ponytail in guy mode, the color would be a huge shock. It would tell people that I color my hair. Since I keep it up in a ponytail, I think everyone would wonder why color it.

This got me thinking a lot of my other tells that I had a feminine side. What other things am I broadcasting to others that I have a feminine side? Do ya'll have things which tell people about your feminine side while in guy mode?

Nicole Brown
07-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi Michelle,

Interesting question, and I must say that until I thought about it for a minute i was ready to say none. But, after taking a minute to think it over, I realized that there are actually a few things that might reveal my feminine side while I am in male mode.

First, my barber trims my eyebrows every 3 weeks when I have my hair cut. They are not overly thin or arched but they are also not thick and bushy, I guess you could say that with a little eyebrow pencil they look quite feminine. Second, I have no hair showing at the front collar of my shirt. My chest is always shaved to allow for a nice feminine appearance. All of the hair on my arms and legs is trimmed to a shorter length and bleached to remove the color from it.

And finally, the most embarrassing thing of all, several people have commented on how I cross my legs when seated. This has been especially embarrassing when at the same time the lack of hair on my legs was noticed. I guess I should just save myself all of this embarrassment and start living as Nicole full time, it certainty would be more fun and so much simpler...

Debbi
07-24-2010, 11:01 AM
definitely! i almost ALWAYS am wearing tight fitting womens flared leg jeans in guy mode while out and about. sometimes I'll go out with my silver girls sandals and shiny pink painted toenails w/toe ring. my fingernails are slightly longer then guys nails and always painted with a clear or slightly pink sheen. I wear 3 or 4 rings. i too keep my eyebrows shaped and trimmed. arm hair always shaved and smooth. and I can also attest to crossing my legs at the knees too. all in guy mode. Love it!!!!

AlexisWest
07-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Trimmed eyebrows, light mascarra, clear nail polish, shaved from the chest down

Leyna
07-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Aside from the shaved bits, not really at all. And since my hair is not body hair is not terribly dark or thick to begin with (and I only shave my legs from the knee down) even that is not really noticeable. I can go out shorts and sandals, in guy mode, and nobody says a word. Personality-wise, the guy and girl in me generally stay separate. It's like John & Leyna are two different people.

And now I'm a bit worried? Is that healthy?

Toni_Lynn
07-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Hmmm -- more than I realise at times. 99% of the times I pay it no never mind, and then once in a while, I'll look in the mirror in the morning, see that my eyebrows are shaped, notice that I've combed my hair in a particularly femme way and really con't seem to do it any other way because of how I had it cut, and straightened. It is them I say -- holy shirt!

There are times I notice a lilt in my voice or an expression with my hands that just came along naturally -- and I say -- why in the heck did I do that! And then I say, because you really are a girl!

Its fleeting

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

eluuzion
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Fortunately, humans are born with innate abilities that make us superior and separate us from the other life forms on Earth. One of these is the ability to engage in Self-Deception and Denial of Reality... :heehee: :D :heehee:

We have a tendency to make an "art" out that ability when it comes to catering to our desires to look more feminine, lol. We take some "baby step" by wearing women's panties under jeans. Then we let our hair grow out a bit. Each progression includes our rationalizations about how "nobody will know".

Before you know it, our legs are shaved, our bodies become hairless, our nails grow out, we are wearing make-up and feminine glasses, eyeliner and plucking our eyebrows into a fine thin line...

Amazing how WE become accustomed to each "step" toward femininity, and think "one more added touch" will not be as obvious to those around us...who just happen to be seeing the total change as a "whole", that we fail to realize.

I need to go to my dentist soon. Now, do you think he will not notice my plucked eyebrow lines? Kind of a scary thought, eh? The fake fill-in I do to go out in public with a hat on ain't gonna fly, now is it? Yikes!!

Hey, he probably won't notice, right?....hheehe....yah, right....:D

Yo, look Ma...I'm an ARTIST! in self-deception that is....

Steph.TS
07-24-2010, 01:34 PM
I sit with my legs crossed most of the time, once I buy them I'll be wearing panties too.

michellebesweet
07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I do trim my eyebrows.
I shave my chest.
I sometimes will shave my arms and hands.
I will let my fingernails grow long, and sometimes buff them to a shine.
I sometimes wear my favorite perfume.
I mostly hang around the women chatting at parties instead of with the men talking about sports.
I love to decorate things around the house and do floral arrangements from my garden.

Tasha McIntyre
07-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh dear :straightface: looks like I am the exception here as I don't have a single femme attribute whilst in male mode (except daydreaming of my next CD outing). I guess that's why my wife was so stunned when I fessed up to her!

Tash :)

StaceyJane
07-24-2010, 07:56 PM
hummmmm.......

I shave my arms and legs everyday
I keep my toenails painted
I wear panties all the time.
I keep my eyebrows plucked

Other than that, not much.

CallMeMeg
07-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Not. Feminine. Enough.

Persephone
07-24-2010, 08:08 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/Nails7-24-10.jpg
Scanned a few minutes ago

Before you know it, our legs are shaved, our bodies become hairless, our nails grow out, we are wearing make-up and feminine glasses, eyeliner and plucking our eyebrows into a fine thin line...

Er, uh, yep, all of the above! And I can always be found sitting with my legs crossed, sometimes double entwined, with the toes on the elevated foot pointing down. Then there's the fact that when I walk my thumbs point forward rather than inward, and then there's ... yadda ... yadda ... yadda.

My spouse claims that I killed my boy side, that "he" is long gone.

Kathryn Martin
07-24-2010, 08:12 PM
For many years now women around me have known that I am somewhat effeminate. I am, however, 6'5" tall. Being raised in Europe the male culture we have in North America was not at all pronounced and I was raised with an appreciation of art, music, good food and good clothing.

My most obvious feminine features are that I talk with my hands, will chat about fashion, hairstyles and shoes. I compliment the women around me on their clothing and alas, I ask for directions when lost.

Other than that, there is nothing feminine about a power suit, dress shirt, tie and loafers.

Oh, and I do get manicures occasionally and the women notice.

Martina

Naomi Rayne
07-24-2010, 08:44 PM
I shave my legs. I am sure people have noticed, but nobody has commented. Shave the back of my hands. Also no comments. Trimmed arm hair. No comments. Slightly shaped eyebrows. No comments. Painted toenails, but nobody knows because i dont ever show them. I do put my hand on my hip occasionally, but always catch myself as im going to do it and force it down. I have caught myself crossing my legs like a women and caught myself. My fingernails are a dead give away. They are long, squared off and have white painted tips. I have gotten comments on these but only good comments from GG's. No guys have commented on them. And i do tend to know alot about womenly products and such. This i was caught with once buy a guy but all he asked was how come i know so much about makeup to which i responded oh please, i know everything about everything. After that he just laughed. So i am not sure if i was caught on that one or not. If anyone has noticed that i am a bit effeminate they have not said enough to make it obvious to me that i might be outed.

minalost
07-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Judging from the looks I get from my wife, maybe too much. My nails are particularly long (when I can keep them from breaking:Angry3:!!) my eyebrows are plucked - about half way between fem and male - and I've always crossed my legs the fem way, to include double wrapping them, or curling them up under me when I sit on the couch.
:hugs:

kimmy p
07-24-2010, 10:30 PM
75% of the time I am dressed 75% in ladies clothes. But only androgynous clothes. So I am not sure. I definitely don't fall in the macho role though.

Maryesther M.
07-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Nothing noticeable. A bit of eyebrow trimming and a vee-shaped area of chest shaved. That's all. Both of these are in anticipation of my next CD session, which just facilitates to make-up slightly.
All mannerisms are and remain strictly male.

Kathi Lake
07-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah, it's amazing how many "tiny, little, barely-noticeable" things we can do to ourselves that - as a whole - totally give us away. For instance, like others here, I:

have longer-than-average fingernails - no as long and pretty as Barbara's, but decidedly not masculine
arched, thin eyebrows
pluck/epilate my chest, underarms, hands, partial arms and more
wear girl's skinny jeans as my daily jeans
walk with quite a bit of "swing and sway"
tend to use feminine mannerisms/patterns of speech - even without trying
blurt out things like "Cute shoes!" or "Where did you get that top/skirt/jacket?"
and many other little things
Honestly, I didn't realize just how much all of this added up until I was talking with a few friends at Ulta yesterday (it was an esthetician friend's last day). We were talking about all of the things I have done, and I said something like, "Well, I'm sure no one notices all of these little things." She kind of looked down, as if she were embarrassed. I asked her what was up. She said, "Well, I can guarantee that people notice - women, especially. You may get away with it in a group of guys, but any woman can spot you in a heartbeat. Your hands are pretty, you obviously take great care of your skin, I know women who don't have eyebrows as pretty as yours, and you talk with women just like you're one of us - not in a bad way - you just, . . . fit in. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's like you're not a guy around us. Our radar doesn't go up when you're around." I assured her that I didn't take it the wrong way, and that I appreciated her honesty and her opinion.

So, apparently people do notice. Will I rethink my strategy/grooming? Nah. I don't think so.

:)

Kathi

Samantha43
07-24-2010, 11:29 PM
I shaved or epilated most of the hair on my body for a couple of years, but have let it grow back out. I got tired of the high maintenance. So at this point, I don't do anything feminine.

AKAMichelle
07-25-2010, 12:03 AM
WOW! I was only worried about hair coloring being too obvious. I wasn't even paying attention to the exisitng tells.

Slightly Arched Eyebrows
Manicured nails
Long Hair in a Ponytail
Pierced Ears
Too much knowledge about women's fashion
Shaved Arms / Chest (Legs Too but nobody gets to see them much)

And this list doesn't even cover the items which most people never see.

Panties
Shaved Underarms
Shaved Legs
Use of Female hygiene products

I guess that I am a little obvious than people expect.

Kiera79
07-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Basically my whole body is smooth, my skin is healthy, my brows are thin but not arched(YET), my nails are longer than normal, I have a swing in my walk, most always wear good fit clothes( ladies jeans), my shirts are gettin more good fitting(now that I'm toning and losing inches), my shoes are more ladiy oriented, I'm letting my hair grow out, gonna get a bob cut soon. And I know I get noticed but I honestly don't care. I'm me and noone can change me BUT GOD. Have fun ladies you only live once.:daydreaming:

Naomi Rayne
07-25-2010, 01:02 AM
I think it really all depends on who is doing the noticing. Because there are some people who like to be more groomed than others, both males and females. Not every single person is on the look out for CDers. But anyone that noticed enough could definitely with enough thought figure it out.

Angiemead12
07-25-2010, 03:30 AM
my signs are

Arched Eyebrows
Manicured long nails
painted toe nails
Long Hair with a perm and bangs
Pierced Ears
lasered hair from the neck down
Panties everyday
clear mascara
womens jeans

joan47
07-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Arched and thin eyebrows (Plus highlighted)
Long aryllic nails
Lasered back and chest, shaved legs and underarms, arms
Painted toenails
Girls sandals
Wear very tight girls boot cut jeans or short shorts
Talk with girls like oneof them about makeup, clothes etc
Comment "cute skirt" where did you get it.
Walk like a girl
Sit like a girl
Read womens magazines in doctors office
wear panties, padded bras, pantyhose in winter, garter belt with stockings in summer
Cross my legs like a girl

Basically I try to be very feminine in guy mode, I don't really care what people think.

Kendra (Tx)
07-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Oh dear :straightface: looks like I am the exception here as I don't have a single femme attribute whilst in male mode (except daydreaming of my next CD outing). I guess that's why my wife was so stunned when I fessed up to her!

Tash :)

Tasha, don't feel badly....My "other side" is probably worse....He's rude, crude, and socially indignant.....:eek: He belches in public...scratches himself...passes gas...cusses...OMG...nothing femme about him...NO WAY someone would ever guess he and Kendra were the same person....LOL...It's like a light switch when Kendra comes out I've been told by those who know both...:battingeyelashes:

http://kendra954.com

AKAMichelle
07-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Reading everyone's comments makes me wonder what people think who don't know we are cd'ers. I wonder if they just figure we are some of those metrosexual guys with good grooming habits.

borbiusle
07-25-2010, 12:05 PM
-cross my legs (in private)
-chew pink bubblegum
- get bikini waxes once in a blue moon
- I find myself singing to boy band songs and lady Gaga in the shower
- If I spend all day inside in "femme" mode, I definitely find myself walking around with my hips swaying side to side for a couple of hours :daydreaming:

All I can think of, I only dress like once a month when I'm in the mood.

Avana
07-25-2010, 12:23 PM
- pierced ears
- usually dangly earrings
- longer hair
- makeup every day
- the usual mannerisms
- lots of jewelery and accessories
- hairless legs
- painted nails
- plucked eyebrows
- panties every day
- smallish natural breasts from supplements
- bra occassionally
- women's jeans, leggings, tanks, shirts, and more

in guy mode

attaching a pic

Dalece
07-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Well my hair growing out, my nails are done, wear panties and bra all the time. have a femine voice that is my normal talking voice. my manners in gesters.

Debb
07-25-2010, 05:41 PM

My most obvious feminine features are that I talk with my hands, ... I compliment the women around me on their clothing ...

Martina

I've always talked with my hands, is this a femme thing? Didn't ever see it that way before, now I'll have to start paying attention.

Other than that and complimenting girls on their outfits, I shave arms and legs and wear shorts all the time. I also use a "nude" color of nail polish, so they're shiny, and people have noticed and commented occasionally. I got lots of comments when I shaved off my goatee this past winter, just couldn't stand it any more although in male mode, I look way better with a goatee.

I ride a cruiser motorcycle, a big one, and have had questions about what a mis-match that seems to be (I'm short and don't look like everyone's stereotypical biker). Don't know if that's femme or not though, just a mis-match.

Heck now that I think of it, *I* am a mis-match. I kinda like that.

Kelly Blaine
07-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Well, I can be a total "you know what" when I am not dressed.
I traveled today and saw only one GG who was proud of her self. The hair, 'OMG', the clothes, style, terrible. Ok I ranted and feel better.