PDA

View Full Version : A change In Your Sexuality Post Hormones (TS' only Please)

Kieron Andrew
07-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Okay so over the years lots of MtFs and FtMs have said to me that hormones broadened or changed their sexuality complete to the opposite way of thinking....i've not found this at all (unless you count have a total repulse to genetic men, which I was never attracted to them anyway lol)...so i was wondering how many of us that have started hormones and been on them for a significant amount of time(legitimately with a view to transitioning)...has this happpened to?...what was your sexuality before transition and what is it now on hormones?....has it changed completely or do you now like both sexes? just being nosey really, wanting to see if those that have said this to me are in the greater porportion?

Teri Jean
07-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Kieron, this discussion came up in our group therapy as well as our monthly book club discussions. What I found was the HRT and the fact I'm transitioning did open pandora's box and hightened my horizon in regards to possibilities for a partner. Granted I am strongly drawn to women as before but there have been a couple men who have turned my head. So in my case, yes things have changed and maybe for the better.

Teri

Kieron Andrew
07-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Thank you for your reply Teri :)

Jennifer in CO
07-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Kieron,
almost 2 years long enough? It was over to 30 years ago but my POV didn't change. I was a happily married man, became a happily married woman to the same woman, then transitioned back after right at 5 years. Never had a desire during that time to be with a man...or a different woman. The very committed relationship probably had a LOT to do with it tho

Jenn

CharleneT
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM
I've been on HRT for a year next monday and live full time. As well, very committed to full transition. I guess I would say that my sexuality hasn't changed, but it has "focused". I am bisexual, but of late I have been attracted mostly to men. I have only dated men since going full time. At the same time though, there are women that I would date if the chance came up.

Best to say that it is in flux! My feelings, attractions and preferences are shifting around a bit. I can sense that change and for the time being I'm just going with the flow and will wait to see "what" when it all settles down.

Inna
07-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi, I have been on HRT for just about a year, before the transition thought of having any sexual experience or even a day dream with a man was revolting, disgusting, utterly disturbing, am I painting a well defined picture here :eek:
I consider my self an open minded persona but sexuality was 100% focused on desiring and worshiping female form. Well, as life would have it now I am not sure of my resolve, to the point where I can imagine exploring sexuality within both sexes. Thought of this (providing I am attracted to this individual and that in its self might be a feat of sorts for I am a perfectionist but nevertheless possible) excursion into never, never land crosses my mind and possibility of absolute ecstasy looms desirable. I have watched a video of trans girl having it with an attractive male and I pleasurably gazed at his, hm, how to say, bellissimo organo sessuale. So yes it shifted for me, but in all the reality I haven't done it so it remains just a theoretical for now. I'll keep you posted :heehee:

pamela_a
07-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Kieron, I've just completed my first year of HRT and next month will be 1 yr full time. I'd been attracted to women my entire life and until last October when I was widowed I'd never considered anything else. Since I'm now free to look for new relationships I find I'm more attracted to men than women.

I have considered several possiblities for this and I've come up with two that seem to make the most sense for my personal situation.

To begin, I can't attribute it all to HRT since, due to a medical problem, I started out on Spironolactone (anti-androgen) only. A few months ago I was started on progesterone but the attraction started before that. I'm not on any estrogen at all.

One theory I have for me that is hormone related is that I have always had a higher than normal natural estrogen level ( I have had natural D cup breasts since long before I started HRT) and the anti-androgen allowed the natural estrogen to affect me more.

The second IMO is more plausable and completely mental/emotional. I was so focused on "playing" being male and I adopted all of the societal proscriptions. I buried those thoughts, desires, and inclinations right along with the rest of my "female desires/needs". Now that I've completely embraced who I am and am now living as a woman, I am also allowing myself to acknowledge and explore all of the other feelings I've kept buried, including being attracted to men.

One other thing I've noticed in additon to the attraction is that, when confronted with a love scene, I'm completely unable to connect at any level with being the male. My entire focus is on the female; what she feels, imagining how it would feel to be in her place, and finding myself aroused at the though.

Whatever the cause I'm going to continue exploring the possiblities

Kaitlyn Michele
07-24-2010, 11:35 PM
My sexuality became fluid when i allowed it to happen.

this was prior to HRT ...

I think Pam's theory is very valid...there is so much confusion in our young lives as we deal with what is inside of us...

it wasnt until after i became honest with myself about my gender that i became open to my own sexuality.

its a really interesting question

what Pam said about love scenes is word for word how I feel

and in fact, i find myself being aroused by the thoughts of hand holding and being courted and feeling wanted as well as sexual acts..

Melissa A.
07-25-2010, 07:27 AM
My sexuality became fluid when i allowed it to happen.

this was prior to HRT ...

Exactly.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

noeleena
07-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Hi.
Im a little bit different, h r t, allmost 6 years , & no different from 50 years ago till now & i do not see that changing ever. married once, one natal woman & thats it. & no feelings toward men at all ,
For me h r t never changed how i think . how im wired is the same as , androgynous , tho some may think differently .
& we are all different .

,,,noeleena...

Veronica_Jean
07-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Kieron,

It will a year early August since I started HRT ( meaning estrogen), and full time for a month now.

I have to agree with Pam and Kaitlyn about my perspective changing after I worked to drop the male shell and tried to simply be genuine.

One surprise one day as I was going about my day and this guy walked past. Something caught my eye, and I followed his rear with my eyes smiling and thought "ummmm nice". Then I giggled an wondered where did THAT come from!!

I was married in a committed relationship for 25 years until she passed away in 2005. It was not until the past 3 or 4 months that I started to notice guys.

Another thought was from a GG I was talking with is she finds women can be attractive too, not that she is gay.. but if the right one came along it might be possible. Maybe women find it easier to be attracted to men or women because they are in touch with their sensual and emotional selves.

Veronica

carolinoakland
07-25-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't know anymore. I know I'm still attracted to women, but recently I had an experience with a t woman that was a little 'fuzzy' in preparation for electro that 'found' a new erogenous zone i didn't know about. The funny thing is that now when I see men with stubble on their chin I can fell that sensation and suddenly I'm melting and well....
Lately I've been calling myself a Carol ****** ( my last name cause, well...duh, there's more than one carol!)Sexual. I onlye have sex with people I want to have sex with, and vice a versa.

Empress Lainie
07-28-2010, 05:04 AM
Kieron and everyone else:
I began transition at 72, living fulltime female, with female ID.
I had never felt any attraction to men, but about a year ago I noticed that I found some men attractive. So after considering myself as lesbian after I began 24/7, I now "admit" to being bi.
Not that I have done anything about it. Not that I think anyone will find me attractive enough to be a couple with me except my tg SO who to most seems to be a male CD, and I really admit to not knowing how she feels if she has any feelings, she is so reticent.

And my only other interest is my gg platonic friend who says she wants to marry me (as I am).

Laurie Ann
07-30-2010, 09:17 AM
I have been on hormones for a little over a year and I find myself more attracted to men physicallyas well as sexually

hopingsecret
07-30-2010, 12:01 PM
This is one of the things that really scares me. I'm attracted to women and I have no desire to be attracted to men. When I read posts like this (which I am glad for BTW, all information is useful and apperciated) it freaks me.

Aleria
07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
This is one of the things that really scares me. I'm attracted to women and I have no desire to be attracted to men. When I read posts like this (which I am glad for BTW, all information is useful and apperciated) it freaks me.
Concur.

Inna
07-30-2010, 01:17 PM

It is only scary if the feeling doesn't come from within. But when it does it seems perfectly natural just like the feeling for woman you have now. And if you are worried about yet another label, well, good luck avoiding that!

Kieron Andrew
07-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Thank you ladies for your honest answers....hopefully some boys will answer too

Danni Bear
08-03-2010, 04:18 AM
never in my wildest dreams would I have thought a man would attract me but now since transitioning along with my wife (now)hubby women don't excite me just him so does that make me strange nope he's my other half
:hugs:
Danni

Dawn D.
08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Nearly 2 1/2 years on HRT. and very much still attracted to only one female. The love of my life; my wife! As a matter of interest, I will say that I no longer have any hangup about offering an opinion as to whether or not a male being talked about is cute or a hunk. Sexually attracted though; nope! Not at all.

Dawn

Gerrijerry
08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
just my 2 cents. been on hormones for over a year. and I am now only first starting to live full time female. I am married and we are still together. Moving to a new location to live as two woman. I think that sexuality is not the same as gender. sexuality is something that starts with perhaps someone you feel more comfortable with. Once you realize and accept that you are past the point of return are full time. Each of us has to sit down and deside what they feel is the best for them. some want the same sexual partner example female and female others want male and female. to me that sexual part is not as important as having a person who you love and who loves you. Kind of simple that way. Let love be your guide.

christiek
08-04-2010, 11:47 PM
My story is quite different from what most people would expect I am sure. I have never really been attracted to women. Tho I did date a few when I was a teen in HS. I got sent to an all boys school, bc my dad didnt like the fact that I am TG, and I put on the act of a lifetime. I pretty much ruled the place while I was there. All of the girls I did date knew my situation and I guess was ok with it only bc they knew we wouldnt be together for forever and me being the most popular person in the school made it more of a status thing than anything else for both of us. Plus I was acting as a male model for cosmo at the time tho they ended up dropping me when I started my transition. but thats another story.

I started trying to live full time as soon as I turned 18 and have dated a small handful of men since. I enjoyed every relationship I was in with the guys (until a few went bad . . . one even stole a number of things from me when helping me move)

In the past 2 years I have only been in one short relationship. Which is partially due to me losing my job and having to move down to Mississippi in the middle of nowhere. I couldnt even find a job down there even when there were openings and I was totally qualified for the job. They still arent used to people like us whether MtF FtM CD etc. They are just now getting used to Gay/Les and even just white/black relationships. Its very backwards in general there.

Ive found in the past year that I was starting to get more attracted to females than I have ever been before in my life. Maybe it was just lack of options (i did get hit on by a number of both women and men in that time but when the men found out that I am trans they quickly turned and walked away) or maybe I am really becoming Bi in a way. To be honest I am not sure which. Ive only been back in an accepting place for about a month now and I have already met a few men that are interested in me that know. But either they dont care or thats what they want. It kinda scares me if its the latter given that I am seeking surgery and dont want to fall in love and lose that person bc of the surgery.

Right now I think I am just lonely and a bit confused tho I am still more attracted to men the attraction is lessened. I know this doesnt say much about being on hormones but what I am trying to say is maybe its not the hormones at all. There could be many other factors involved that even those people dont realize. Such as . . . The hormones are helping you transition and maybe its not the hormones at all but the fact that you feel more feminine and therefor feel as if you SHOULD be attracted to men rather than women. And the same goes the other way around. If you feel more masculine then you feel as if you should be attracted to women rather than men. You also have to take into account (if its one specific person) that we as people can sometimes look past sex/gender and fall in love with a person just for who they are! Trust me one of my ex-gf's I did fall in love with. We both gave everything we had to make the relationship work. But in the end it came down to the fact that I wanted to be with a man and so did she and no matter how much we loved each other we (and trust me we did) that we just werent right for each other. That ended up being one of the most painful years of both of our lives. We still dont talk to each other anymore than to maybe say hi if we see each other if even that . . .

Maybe I just analyze things too much! lawl! . . . Just something to think about. And sorry about always having to put a good chunk of my life history into my posts.