PDA

View Full Version : Storms and friends

Teri Jean
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
This weekend we had a typical Minnesota summer storm. High winds and heavy rain (no it wasn't snowing) :tongueout raised havoc in the hood. So this morning after the sun came up I joined the neighborhood army of workers and started the cleanup of downed branches and leaves. A neighbor across the street from me seen me and commented that she knew my cousin from work and wanted to know if she was correct. We talked for a bit as we worked and then she asked about the gal she sees from time to time.

Being at this moment I was dressed in jeans and a tank top and pretty much male ( a request from my daughter until my grandson can get up to speed with my transition) I told her that the gal she has seen was me and I am transexual. She paused a bit and said that that must be a challenge. To which it was not for me as it is for others especially family.

The nice thing about our conversation was her willingness to talk and not judge. Listen and learn as we talked. She then said she would not bring it up with my cousin, so I told her if it did come up just say "yes I know" and leave it at that. My cousin is very conservative,:eek:. Maybe there is a new friendship in the making and if nothing else she now can say she has had a good experiance with a transexual.

Teri :hugs: :love:

Hope
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Look at you, out doing a solid for the rest of us! Showing the world we are not horrible freaks out to molest children. Go you.

CharleneT
07-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I love hearing that reaction from neighbors. I'm full time and have had the conversation with my neighbors, most quite baffled but accepting. My back yard neighbor, not so much . . . I've almost never seen anyone who was so obviously uncomfortable with the news. Hasn't spoken a word to me since....

SO, make some cookies for that lady, or some cut flowers from your garden !

pamela_a
07-24-2010, 08:25 PM
You are a great neighbor and a wonderful ambassador for all of us.. Thanks Terri :hugs:

Teri Jean
07-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks girls, you are the best. I figure we are our own ambassador and the more we do things to show people we are not freaks, thank you Hope, we provide a more accurate picture. Teri

Veronica_Jean
07-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I applaud you for being both honest and informative.

I truly believe the more others realize we are good citizens, the better is is for us all.

Veronica

Melissa A.
07-25-2010, 07:33 AM
You done a good thing. For you, and others. I Also wish the majority of folks out there shared your neighbor's views.

I have been mistaken for my sister on Facebook a couple of times, or been thought of by some I havent seen for a long time as a cousin or something. Ah well....makes for good stories.

Hugs,

Melissa:)