PDA

View Full Version : I Want to site a web site please help..

Cutie
08-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi Girls, i would like to start my own web site but no to sure how to go about it. I see yahoo offer a service, they call it a free homepage with Geocities. Would this be good for me. I am looking to create a site that i can display all my pics, give a bio, info etc and a guest books and links etc.

Please help me as i have loads to put on my site when hopefully i get it up and running

Thanks Luv Cutie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

odelay
08-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Usually the ISP (internet service provider) that you're with will provide you free webspace. All it takes is to visit their homepage and make sure you've signed up for it. It's usually the best way to go in terms of free web hosts. Now if you're in the market to buy a domain and hosting service, I'd reccommend www.1and1.com. They once offered a great limited time offer of free 500mb hosting for 3 years, which I took. Once my free hosting is gone, I'll probably persue their cheap and affordable prices to build my own webpage.

Also, if you're not familiar with writing HTML, you should stick to services like Geocities or use programs like Dreamweaver (still a little advanced). It all depends on what experience you have with building websites.

Julie
08-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Cutie,

My ISP is Comcast. They provide a free webspace for each e-mail address. I have my website on there and there's no pop ups or other annoying ads. I don't know if you know website building but I started with Microsoft Front Page. It's pretty easy to learn and they have pre built formats for you to choose from. I update Julie's website with Front Page but I have another much more complex site that I use Dreamweaver for. It all depends on what your experience and intentions are. For showing pics Front Page is more than enough.

If you have any other questions post them here or PM or e-mail me.

Julie

odelay
08-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately, with Comcast, they sort of jip you on it. Your entire comcast account has 20mb's of webspace for every single e-mail address you make. In other words, you can't sign up for 7 different e-mails (comcast max) and get 140mb's total...

I hate comcast ;p I made the mistake of working for them.

Jocee
08-16-2004, 06:13 AM
The simplest of websites can be built at Geocitiies..... which is part of Yahoo. They have some annoyances like popups and bandwidth limits, but if you want to play around with a website before you commit dollars to building one and hosting it.....Geocities should work....

http://geocities.yahoo.com/

Joanna

tv_rachael
08-16-2004, 10:13 AM
hehe,

I am a web developer, so i can easily build you a site. drop me an email and we can discuss

tv_rachael@hotmail.com

same goes for any one else after a site :)

Cutie
08-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Just seeing of u are all rating me.... Hope soooooo

Luv Cutiexxxxxxxxxxxx

Cutie
08-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Still haven't started my website pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee help

Luv Cutiexxxxxxx

P.S. i got loads of stuff to put on it

Trinity
08-23-2004, 03:39 PM
If you are willing to spend a tad bit of money, and I mean a tad ($4.95/month) you can get 3 gigs of web space and build a site there. You kind of need to know what you are doing to build and upload a web site there, or you can find some generous sole to do it for you.

You can look at the details at www.fuitadnet.com. I use it for a few web sites of my own (since that is kind of what I do).

Keep in mind you will also need to buy a domain which you can get for about $8 a year. Not too bad there either. Let me know if you need any more info.