PDA

View Full Version : i work at a wig store and cding is ok!!!

jenifer m.
07-27-2010, 07:48 AM
i just got a job at a wig store at the mall,and the owner said i can dress if i wish.but i think it might make some of the older ladies uncomfortable,and i dont want to chase away potential buyers with my crazyness.im ok with it and will try it a few times,but what are you ladies thoughts on the matter?

RickS52
07-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Good for you Jenifer .
A job with freedom to dress at , It dosen't get any better .

AKAMichelle
07-27-2010, 08:18 AM
It depends upon how well you look dressed and if you wear a wig. It might be a great sales tool to show how good the wigs make you look that it can hide a guy and make him look like a girl. :D

The other thing that it depends on is how comfortable are you being seen dressed. If you are comfortable, then it could be a dream job for you.

Adelaide
07-27-2010, 08:39 AM
You're so lucky! Go for it...all the time!

StacyCD
07-27-2010, 09:24 AM
On the other hand, you might get more crossdressers into the store buying wigs!

Tasha McIntyre
07-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Give it a go, what an opportunity :)

As far as upsetting or offending anyone, it's probably a suck it and see situation. Hope it all goes well.

Tash :)

joanna marie
07-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Just looked at your photo gallery
I say go for it
give it a try for a week or two and see what happens

Teresa Ann
07-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Jenifer, I have to agree your photo gallery looks good I would have to say go for it girl. Not everyone gets a chance like this. But please keep us posted, I'm Green with envy. P.S. I have been out of work for a long time and I tell everyone that I will take any job as long as i don't have to wear my skirts too short, That does get a rise every now and than.

Christina Horton
07-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Well I've found with the older Ladies out there that , once you talk to them they calm down (if they were upset) and then they are fine with it. Just be nice and treat them (and the rest) like friends and no one should have a prob.

Plus as said you might find more CDs come in there (as word spreads that there's a CD there) to buy. You boss will like that fact eh? Just enjoy it and have fun helping the women and men and CDers find what they all need or want. Plus you can see if you want or need something thats just came in and come back on your off time and buy it lol. Hell YOU might be there biggest customer LOL.

NicoleScott
07-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Proceed with caution. Remember that the store is in business to make money, and if your CDing drives away freaked-out old lady customers, you may lose your job or at least the ability to crossdress. Work there for a time, and let the CD customers know that you are CD-friendly. Also, you may see a pattern when CD's shop. Bottom line: gather information before deciding whether or not to dress.

fluffy
07-28-2010, 06:21 AM
This is great. Actually, it's probably also really good business. I mean if word gets around that that store has CD employees and is fine with it, then you can imagine a whole lot more CD customers coming there.

Money is what rules the world and there are enough crossdressers to make quite an impact. More and more female clothes stores are becoming aware of their male customers. I have hope for the future.

Samantha B L
07-28-2010, 06:31 AM
Jenifer,It sounds like a golden opportunity. I think they probably wouldn't have hired you if they thought it would chase away older customers.

Mandy
07-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Awsome job Jenifer & oppertunity :D

Empress Lainie
07-28-2010, 06:50 AM
I would think being dressed would be great for business. Wearing different wigs on different days too.

daviolin
07-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Sounds like somebody died and went to heaven. How cool is that. I'm jealous. Go for it girl.:thumbsup:

Cheryl James
07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Where is the store? I live near Boynton and would like to buy a new wig.

SherriePall
07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a good deal. Keep us posted!

SamanthaS
07-28-2010, 03:04 PM
I think you look great, so do it! :)

Stephanie Miller
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm going to vote with Nicole on this one. Before I grew my hair out, I would go out with our social group on several outings to a local wig shop. We got to know the owners and workers quite well. We also got to see the reactions of the patrons. A lot of customers were nice to your face - but the workers would tell us later what they said behind our backs.
Some really nice others.... :doh:.
You may want to think twice about what the reason is you want to work there. Is it money? Then I would do what the owner thinks best. She knows her business and wants to make money too. Is it self exposure? Volunteer somewhere or just go mall shopping. Is it both? Then go with the owners hunch until you prove yourself as an asset to the business enough to give CDing a trial run without damaging your job status.
Just my :2c:

Newbridget
07-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Have fun with it and enjoy

Monika G
07-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Maybe you could offer special CD hours either before or after normal hours. You could dress then and provide a very welcomed service to the local CD shopping community. You could develop quite a group of dedicated clients for yourself. I know I would be more at ease being assisted by CD/SA.

Tina P Hose
07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
here in the real world I tend to agree with Stephanie Miller.

MichelleOBrien
07-28-2010, 07:30 PM
hun, if the owner says it's okay, then go for it. But you might want to tell the owner that if there are any major problems, you're also willing to NOT dress. That way it makes it to where you look responsible as well as considerate. And it gives an alternative to firing if there ARE any major problems.

But either way, if you dress or not, do it for the whole time you're there. It helps to build dedicated clientèle.

Staci G
07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
What kind of question is that. I wish I could dress at work OMG I'd be on that like white on rice in a paper plate and a glass of milk. You lucky girl BUT I dont think I'd start with the red skirt and fishnets in your album, Looks great but work might not be the best place to wear it :)

Monica93304
07-29-2010, 03:47 AM
I would quit my job as a german car mechanic for that in a heartbeat. To be able to go to work dressed would be a dream come true. Now if I could only come out to my boss as Ms. Monica I'd have it made.

Let us know how it works out for you.

LizaPond
07-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Hello, I currently live in Hawaii (to bad for me huh) I just bought a new french lace, human hair wig and am I happy with it. I've had others but not human hair and OMG what a difference.
Just thought I'd introduce myself.
Liza

tricia_uktv
07-29-2010, 05:30 PM
My decision process goes:

Will it be fun? - If yes move on, so move on

Will it harm me? - If no do it.

Thinking about it you may be harmed if it doesn't work out. I'm not sure how easy it would be to go back to be being a guy again.

But then I suppose you've got to try everything once :)

MsJanessa
07-29-2010, 09:09 PM
please PM me the name and address of the store so I can visit next time I want to buy a wig

Pipi
07-30-2010, 07:23 AM
please PM me the name and address of the store so I can visit next time I want to buy a wig

Me to, please. Fort Lauderdale is just 30 min away and I will be looking for a CD-friendly place like that in October...

Katesback
07-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Considering you and I have met a number of times..... I would say you are reasonably ready to work at Jennifer if you wish. The catch all though in my opinion is that I feel if you go to work ONE day as Jennifer you should not do anything but be Jennifer at that job.

People have a hard time mentally switching back and forth from working with a guy one day and a girl the next.

Katie

jenifer m.
08-08-2010, 08:39 PM
well as i said in another post a few weeks ago i got a job running a wig and makeup store in the mall near whare i live,and as i said the owner said i could crossdress if i wish so ive been working on it slowly little by little just to see how the ladies react.so the first day i wore almost full makeup but no wig,and of course very girly clothes.then next i did same but even more feminine clothes with jewelry and ballet flats.then today i did even more by adding a more fem blouse skinny jeans and i wore three inch heels.wed when i work again ill add the wig and a skirt with heels.so far ive gotten nothing but a warm reception and compliments from the ladies,and i think they are more ok with a feminine guy than if i looked and acted masculin.so i guess i got a dream job for a girly man huh? hell ive even been wearing silk slacks and hose with black ballet flats at my job at GNC. and so far im out selling the regular looking guys.who would have figured?. im havin a blast.

Aeify
08-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Fantastic!! I'm also curious, how hard is it not to buy a new wig weekly? LOL

erica12b
08-09-2010, 12:24 AM
soooo now we have a in and we can ask all the advice right , congats on job (wish i had it)

jenifer m.
08-09-2010, 07:56 AM
of course you girls have an in with me.i actually had an older couple come in yesterday, and the husband is a cd.so i encourage any girls in the fortlauderdale/palmbeach to shop there.its very cd/tg friendly.its called nikkis designer wigs in boynton beach mall.the number is 561733 7029.if anybody calls just ask to see if jarrods working.

Desiree2bababe
08-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Funnest times I ever had were trips to the World of Wigs. The ladies were so accomodating and so friendly.

Mikaela_M
08-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I will have to stop in as I live down the street from the mall.

I can't believe there is a place for me to shop for a new wig. I have been searching every where for a CD friendly place.

Billijo49504
08-09-2010, 11:08 AM
I think you'll find most wig shops are CD friendly. Even the ones that deal more with women who have had mastectomys.....BJ