PDA

View Full Version : What has this forum done for me?

JamieG
07-27-2010, 11:07 AM
So today marks my one-year anniversary as a member of crossdressers.com. Without a doubt, I have enjoyed getting to know all of you, especially sharing stories and advice. I recently reflected back on everything that I've experienced since I've joined. Now I can't say that joining the forum was the seminal event in my TG life; that was probably when I came out to my wife (thereby taking full ownership of being crossdresser). However, it seems like a lot has happened in the last 365 days:

- I posted my first pics in a semi-public space (i.e., the picture gallery and my profile)

- I came out to two more people (the LGBT director at my workplace and my sister-in-law), bringing the total to three.

- I started taking ballet lessons

- I attended my first TG conference, which included my first time en femme in the presence of people from outside the TG community (in the hotel lobby)

- My wife and I performed together in a charity drag show

At the time, deciding to do each of these things created much anxiety. However, I can now look back and be proud of myself. I don't know if I would have had the courage to make these steps if it wasn't for this community. So thank you, all!

Here's to another year of adventures and growth! :drink:

Sarah Doepner
07-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Jamie,

It will sound to many like you are living "la vida loca". Congrats on the progress you have made and the comfort level you are cultivating. I can only imagine what you will have to post in another year, but hope it's all just as wonderful and positive.

KayleeDahl
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Congratulations on your year, and all your progress!!

Hugs
Kaylee

Tina B.
07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Sounds like It was a very good year.
Tina B.

JamieG
07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks, Sarah, Kaylee and Tina. It has been a good year! And I even forgot one item:

- I bought a body groomer and shaved the upper portion of my chest so as to prevent unsightly hair from showing whenever I wear something other than a turtleneck! I also shaved about an inch of my leg hair just to see what the effect would be, and trimmed my underarm hair a little bit. Fully shaving the legs and underarms will have to wait; my wife is very attached to these secondary characteristics.

Kayla Shadows
07-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Here's to another year of adventures and growth! :drink:

:drink: cheers

Those are very wonderful things that you have done.Before you actually do them there are definitely the oh my god moments when deciding.There are instances when Im like,what am I doing.You then realize that this is just who you are and it is what it is.Sometimes you can feel your heart going as your just preparing that day.Its not always easy stuff.Congrats to you :hugs:

PretzelGirl
07-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Congrats Jamie! This is quite the group to learn from and to get support from. But ultimately it was your comfort about yourself that got you through those things. So tip that glass to you!

silhouette
07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
I have been here over a year and haven't even made a complete outfit yet. I guess we all move at our own pace :)

Charleen
07-27-2010, 09:56 PM
That's quite the progress! Congrats! I have to agree about the site. Without all on this site I'd still be living in the dark about who I am instead of getting to know my true self and the whys and wherefores!

Michaela42
07-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Congratulations! It sounds like you have had a very adventurous year filled with lots of caring and understanding people.:love:

I am only a few months in and I have learned more in the past few months than over my entire life. Thanks to all :hugs:

Miranda09
07-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Happy anniversary Jamie. I'm glad it's been such a positive experience for you, as it surely has been for me (I know...don't call me Shirley!!!). :D Actually you joined just a few months after I did, and it was the best thing I ever did. Glad you're here and look forward to many more posts from you. :)

BobbiU
07-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Congratulations, amazing progress. I know I will not be achieving the same progress in a year, however, the short time I've been here, I've learned alot, read many great post, and each night look forward to clicking on one of my favorite bookmarks! This forum has helped me realize that there are many of us that love the female clothes, and has helped me feel more comfortable with what I do, and looking forward to doing more.

Great to hear positive success stories like your's on the forum ! Congrats! :cheers:

AKAMichelle
07-28-2010, 08:25 AM
This forum has changed the lives of many cd'ers mine included. I am glad that you able to be accepted by your wife.