PDA

View Full Version : Movies and Shopping

Phoebe Reece
08-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Tonight, myself and 3 CD friends met at a local shopping mall (Discover Mills) to take in a movie, do a little shopping, and have dinner. We saw "The 40-Year Old Virgin", which was very funny and even had a scene with a crossdressing hooker in it. After the movie we discovered the theater has a gender neutral "family restroom" (only one person at a time can use it), so we took advantage of that. Afterwards we headed out into the mall for a bit of shopping. Curious thing, when we were going into a rather large shoe store (Off-Broadway Shoes), I noticed a man and his wife and youngster coming out, and the guy was wearing shorts and tan pantyhose. Although we didn't speak, I did take a second glance back to make sure I saw correctly (I did), and noticed he was checking out me and my entourage. No one else seemed to notice. A bit later, we ate at Chili's restaurant in the mall food court. Even though the mall was wall to wall people tonight, no one seemed to pay much attention to our little group. If we were read (and I'm sure we had to have been), no one showed it in their expressions or interactions with us.
One of my friends had to get home to call his wife at 10:00 so we headed our separate ways before that time. I did stop and fill up my vehicle with gas on the way home. It was another fun time out and about in metro Atlanta.
The photo is of me in the mall (they have a little kids amusement area near the movie theater).

Tristen Cox
08-28-2005, 02:02 AM
Great story Phoebe :cool: Nice pic too :thumbsup:

parris james
08-28-2005, 02:19 AM
Really cool :thumbsup:

Marla GG
08-28-2005, 04:02 AM
Sounds like a fun time, Phoebe! Did you buy anything? It really pleases me to hear of successful outings like yours. You are a great role model for those of us who want to get out there. Thanks for sharing!

ChristineRenee
08-28-2005, 04:15 AM
Looks like you had a lot of fun with your friends Phoebe. Thanks for sharing your experience with us...it is very inspiring indeed for those of us that haven't ventured out yet...and very nice pic by the way too!;)

Phoebe Reece
08-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I just bought a pair of panties and a half slip at the Hanes store. One of my friends bought some hosiery there too. We both sought help finding things with one of the sales girls there. She couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. I saw some nice high leather boots in my size (12 M) at Off-Broadway Shoes, but decided not to buy them - the toe was too pointy and the 4" heels would limit where I could wear them. One of my friends bought a nice top at Ross. I looked at clothes dryers at Sears (we need to replace one), but didn't buy one (the wife has to be in agreement on that purchase). The sales lady I was speaking to in Sears did make a compliment to me on the pants one of my companions was wearing. As I've said before, if you conduct yourself as a lady when you are out and about, almost everyone you encounter will treat you as one.

Here's another photo of supper at Chili's, taken for me by a friendly waitress. Sorry I have to cut out my friends from the pic, but I don't have their permission to post their photos here.