PDA

View Full Version : CD magnet

MargaretJ
07-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Had a strange experience today. I was working in the local library on the public access computers, and after about 15 minutes someone sat at the computer next to me. As I was waiting for some stuff to download I happened to glance at the person. He/she was definately male and was wearing denim shorts with black tights, had their hair in a very small pony tail, and I didn't want to stare to long, but I think there was a distinct bust under a baggy jumper. I was torn between just saying hello and maybe starting a conversation, or just saying nothing. In the end I said nothing, as I didn't want to risk causing any offence, but I thought about accessing this site, and having it up on the screen.

Stephanie Miller
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Good call. He/She probably would have bitten your head off for saying "Hi". He/She probably looked at you and though "that person looks like a CD in male form. Better not say "hi" or I'll offend.:doh:

Sorry for the sarcasm, but the fact is, by not being personable you missed a chance at meeting who could have been your new best friend. He/She is just a person too.
If it was a Gg in a cute dress, you would have said something. If it was a male wearing a t-shirt with a slogan about your favorite sport you may have mentioned it. So why not talk about something else you may have had in common?
Isn't it a shame we have to lug our closet around wherever we go?

Loni
07-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I can not speak for any other, but pending what were when and how, maybe contact...maybe not.

----how's that for a possable maybe no commintment??----

just depends on how I am that day, and who and how it is said.

Monika G
07-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I may have just smiled as I got up and said sincerely "I like your style." We all need more friends.

Annie D
07-28-2010, 06:28 PM
What if it were a male dressed in male clothing or a female dressed in female clothing or a female dressed in male clothing? Would you speak to them? If I am out either in drab or dress, you can speak to me and if you are halfway nice, I might reply. I am not embarrassed when I am out as Annie and someone speaks to me, even if I am made....

One time in the middle of the day I am checking out at Walmart, the people behind me are staring and I am aware of their curiousity when suddenly one of the cashiers at an adjacent line looked up and exclaimed, "Annie, I haven't seen you for ages." I immediately approached her and we gave one another a hug and shared pleasantries and the people in line behind me started smiling and I was immediately accepted by everyone around me.

Talking to a CD will assist them in being accepted in public.