PDA

View Full Version : "Caught" !

sandra-leigh
07-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Last week a taxi driver looked down at my silver-gray nails. "You put nail polish on your fingers?" he asked. My answer: "Yup". Brief (but not "awkward") pause and then he went back to the previous topic of conversation.

Yesterday, one of the female security guards at work looked over at me and said, "Your earring is falling off". It was a 2" dangle with a jade stone the size of your little finger, not a "male" earring. I fixed it and that was that.

My wife and I, on a whim, stopped for a manicure (for her) and polish change (for me) in a busy shopping center a few weeks ago. I changed from sheer gold to a blue polish. My wife didn't like it, though -- because it didn't match the pink short-shorts I was wearing. She thought it looked fine with the blue shorts I wore the next day.

Last night it was time for another manicure for me, at my regular place. It was obvious to the (few) other customers there that I was no stranger to the place. Got a much lighter blue put on... even brought my own polish (which turned out to be too dark.) I held my tounge about the day-glo orange polish the other customers were getting :)

Today, someone unexpectedly came to the door while I was in my cotton women's PJs. I answered and talked to them, and they arranged to come back later to do some work in my yard. 3/4 hour or so later about 10 of them (probably Hutterites) were working in the yard. One of them came to the door and asked me something that required I go out in the middle of them to the garage... I did, still in my white cottons. And so what? :D

Various GG's, usually store customers: "I like your purse!"

Guess I'd better be more careful... maybe I should drop eating Quiche!

jessica renee
07-28-2010, 08:49 PM
It sounds like you have a high amount of confidince and self-esteem. I hope someday I can be as confident as you.

Maryesther M.
07-29-2010, 05:42 AM
I suppose when you are that good at passing you can 'dress' all the time.
Lucky old you !

sandra-leigh
07-29-2010, 09:56 AM
I suppose when you are that good at passing you can 'dress' all the time.

I'm fairly poor at "passing" in the sense that I am easily "read" no matter how I am dressed. On the other hand, if "passing" is defined instead in terms of public acceptance of how I am dressed, then I am fortunate that the great majority of people have no trouble accepting me when I am Dressed or gender-bending. At one level they know I'm not a GG, but it doesn't matter to most people.