PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be in The Closet

Kara Connor
07-29-2010, 02:57 AM
Thought I'd let you know about my experience today in "The Closet", which is a women's clothing consignment store in Redmond. I had spotted it on Facebook, and happened to be passing this morning, in "drab", and wandered in looking for a cardigan to match my black dress. I spotted a couple of things I liked and the owner asked me if she could help. I pulled up a picture of me at Esprit in the black dress and said, "I want a cardigan or jacket to match this". She looked at the picture and said "What size is she?" so I said "Well, that's me". There was a two second pause before she recovered brilliantly!

She went on to be really friendly and helpful. I bought a couple of things for a grand total of $30, and then she asked my dress size, and if there was anything I was searching for in particular. I told her and she said she would keep an eye out for anything suitable and contact me if she found anything. Later I left a favourable comment on her Facebook Wall, to which she cryptically replied "Please tell all your friends about my shop; I will always be available to help you and your friends with your fashion needs!". It's nice to find somewhere you can shop and be made to feel welcome, plus get some good bargains, so I thought I'd pass it on. For once, it was nice to be "in The
Closet" :)

Kara

PS I have no connection with this shop other than being a happy first-time customer there.

Kathi Lake
07-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Kara, what a wonderful time! I'm glad you found a nice place to relax, shop, and be yourself.

Kathi

Sweeterica
07-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Kara thats a lovely story.Its nice to know there are some shops that dont look on us as oddballs,

Teri Jean
07-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Kara this great and wish I lived in Washington so I could drop in but for the gals in the area it will help immensely. Kudos

Teri

Billijo49504
07-29-2010, 04:17 PM
That's fantastic!!! But with the economy the way it is, you will find we are welcome at most stores. I haven't found any that wouldn't take my money. But the broad at Macy's wouldn't let me try on a bra. So I went to VS. They did...BJ