PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone consider themselves to be a third gender?

Reid
07-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Just something I was asking myself just now.
I know many refer to themselves as either male, or female. Now I was wondering if there are people who see them as a third gender. Not male, not female, but something else.

I myself (even tho I am only CD-ing) feel like a third gender. I don't feel 100% male nor female. What does this mean for me? I am happy with the genitalia i was given, but would love to have a more female shape(breasts are optional).

Are there any others that feel like they don't fit in with just male or female? Or care to give your 2 cents on this?

noeleena
07-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Hi. Reid.

Well i dont use that term yet may as well, could apply that to my self .

Im a androgynous woman born with a male / female brain . or another way is try thinking both ways at the same time .
from age 10 knew i was different & did not see a difference between males & female / woman ,
i could not explain that of cause two young , & as i was growing for my self not a lot has changed .
Of cause there is a lot of differences sexually & mentaly ,
So really im in the middle ,

I really dont know how you live & not be one or the other as to dress im a woman some of my body will say male ,not intersexed , mind wise yes.
I know im a mix as far as doing things so no probs there.

I enjoyed my work as a builder . 46 years as a tradesman oh yea , plus lots of other work thats from a so called male .
i allso enjoy doing female things & have done most of my life,
For me its not about this is womans work or this is male work that to me is a no brainer.
The detail i miss not haveing my womb not being able to give birth , thats not a male thinking , well most any way.
As a real male i never related to them just not hard wired that way,
as to women more at home & do relate . & undestand how we tick ,
i know my maths wont work still try 60 % female / woman & 60% male . & move a little back & forth .

Now im just accepted as a woman , if i tryed to explain to most people what iv written here would people understand , most no so all iv said is im a transfemale with a male back ground . & leave it there. & most accept that with out the hassles ,
If you joined ( susans place ) we have about 25 who are androgynous & many of us are very different , we dont see us as dressers or transsexuals . & my take is self acceptance, & being accepted by others .

...noeleena...

Ashley Lynn Swift
07-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Just something I was asking myself just now.
I know many refer to themselves as either male, or female. Now I was wondering if there are people who see them as a third gender. Not male, not female, but something else.

I myself (even tho I am only CD-ing) feel like a third gender. I don't feel 100% male nor female. What does this mean for me? I am happy with the genitalia i was given, but would love to have a more female shape(breasts are optional).

Are there any others that feel like they don't fit in with just male or female? Or care to give your 2 cents on this?

Well for me I deffinantly identify as Female. But I do know that there are penlty thatidentify as genderqueer or as a genderblender that don't identify as either Male or Female.

Kathryn Martin
07-29-2010, 06:12 AM
I feel like that. I am effeminate even as a guy yet I have no trouble (as a litigator) to be very aggressive when the situation calls for it. I am also assertive and demure at times. I have never been into sports and always into indulgences of all sorts such as music, literature, food, clothing, fashion. There are women in my life that take me to go shopping because I have an eye for what works and have (they say) impeccable taste.

I want boobs and still have my penis. I guess I am really a fe-male:daydreaming:

Diane Lynn
07-29-2010, 06:13 AM
I consider myself to be a woman. I try to be a lady, but I don't feel I am there yet. I am working on that.

Joanne f
07-29-2010, 06:23 AM
I have quite often referred to myself as being what i call 3D( third gender) as i am not truly one and can never be truly the other one so i have to be something different , but again it is only another label to confuse people :heehee:

Angiemead12
07-29-2010, 06:33 AM
same, in the middle gender. :daydreaming:

Reid
07-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Joanne I think it's only as confusing as you make it :p
When you identify yourself as I do, that doesn't make me male nor female. In the end that is way more confusing to me ^^

I did notice however that the gray area we all reside in has so many subtle shades that it can get immensity confusing :p

Freddy12
07-29-2010, 06:44 AM
We are, today in a digital age. People are classified as male or female. That's not really the way people are. There is a range of sexuality. I'm probably more male than female, but I'm sure a lot less male than most guys.

Kate Simmons
07-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Not as such. There is a point some of us reach that is considered gender neutral but it still retains aspects of both male and female energies.:)

Joanne f
07-29-2010, 06:59 AM
I agree that there are many grey areas , the labels are just a starting point before you get to those grey areas , there are labels on the forums which some will comfortably fall into but some will not , i do not think that i comfortably fall into a pacific spot just in a grey area somewhere .

Annaliese2010
07-29-2010, 07:08 AM
A 3rd gender? I often feel that way - am working on it.

Marcyme
07-29-2010, 10:23 AM
I think of it more as mixed gender. I am and will always be male....can't change genetics. I do not have 2 sides (male vs female). No matter the outward appearance, I am always me! And I am (my personality) is comprised of many aspects that are considered feminine, and many that are masculine.
A tri-anary is only 1/3 better than a binary. Why limit gender to 2 or 3 options?

Lexine
07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I saw a questionable Wikipedia article that talks about tri-gender people and I consider myself as such...

Someone who can be a boy, a girl, or somewhere in between.

I think I closely identify with this definition.

sandra-leigh
07-29-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't consider myself to be female, but I also feel that I am not male (at least not in any standard understanding of male.) The non-scientific tests fairly consistently place me as the last possible step on the "male" side of dead center.

If I had to chose between full time male clothes and full time obviously female clothes, I'd much rather have the female clothes.

There is nothing I would like to take away from my body (well, losing some fat wouldn't hurt :battingeyelashes:), but I would add breasts: I look in the mirror and they are missing where they should be.

Inna
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
As I have written in the one of previous posts with somewhat similar context, I embrace what Japanese got to call NewHalf, their term for TG. It so fits the nature of our situation. We are born, with the exception of hermaphrodite, male or female yet our brains develop an opposite signature. Regardless of anything we do we are both together encompassing male and female as one. I am a believer that every human being on this planet carries within self both characteristics one dominant other secondary, in most the dominant reflects the avatar flesh in some they are disjointed. Yet for some balance is so close that even though the are female or male their behavior is flowing into other genders character. Hence head strong, ready for battle women and soft spoken, shy males. Third gender is real and for thousands of years have been more understood in the past than our western civilization cursed with religious and societal backwardness. American Indians embraced it, Hindu, Japanese but somehow when it got to our century suddenly subject seems to get weird and freakish?

Annaliese2010
07-29-2010, 01:36 PM
That's a brilliant analysis, Alexia.

Reid
07-29-2010, 01:43 PM
thank you alexia, i was not familiar with that term.
I guess you could compare it a bit with the Kathoey in thailand.

TxKimberly
07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Nah, I just feel trapped dead center between the two . . .

Pythos
07-29-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL,

Anyone take the Cogati test?

I come out as a Androgen. LOL

Yes I feel I have a male body of slight build, with a mind that is both male and female, what ever it is that designates brain gender.

As earlier mentioned, In Japan at present the term New Half is used to describe us...and more often than not it is embraced and accepted, though there is still ignorance.

I have also heard in Native American societies that people that thought like us were part of the society, often higher areas of society due to how the minds worked.

I think in India it is accepted even more than in Japan, though, it has been tarred with a very western sounding term....Lady boy, and my understanding is that it is high in the prostitution culture. Need more info on that.

sandra-leigh
07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Pythos, the key term to look at is hijras . Acceptance varies quite a bit. Let me put it this way: prostitution is apparently illegal except for hijras, as it is assumed that they probably won't be able to make a living any other way.

Billijo49504
07-29-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm presently in counciling to try to figure it out. Today he said he figures I'm some what transgendered. But we have more sessions to go. Sometimes when filling out forms, where it says male or female, I either check both or draw a 3rd box marked trans. Really gets some people...BJ

tricia_uktv
07-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Errrm - I am what I am?

Mona
07-29-2010, 09:04 PM
I think I've always felt I was a 3rd gender or in the middle, Cogati places me there. I love doing some guy things and some girls things, can be forceful and prefere to be gentle..yet was always confused why I didn't fit in.

Andy66
07-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Not as such. There is a point some of us reach that is considered gender neutral but it still retains aspects of both male and female energies.:)
As my beautiful sister says. My body is adequate for its purpose, although I sometimes wish it had interchangeable parts like a Mr./Mrs. Potatohead. :heehee:

RobinScott
07-30-2010, 08:36 PM
I have always felt that my inner "true" self has no gender, that it is just a thing of this world. People may see my body as male, but the brain more identifies as female. In truth I am nether but this world only sees one or the other. Shame that who we are is determined my our "parts".

Robin

Sarah Doepner
07-31-2010, 12:58 AM
I've waffled back and forth over the years, sometimes thinking I was female in a male body, or male with a female brain, or something new, or something very old and mysterious. I still don't know if the classification really matters, so long as I don't feel guilty about it and still enjoy the process and experience and so long as the ones I care the most about can accept and even enjoy it as well.

Rachel M
07-31-2010, 10:17 AM
I've see a couple of documentaries in the past that reflect a third gender. It has been a while but in India, there is a group that has a god they worship and many of it followers are transgender. Also, in Samoa or Tonga, they also acknowledge a third gender. From the documentary it featured mtf, no sure what they said on ftm.
Rachel