PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible

jessica33
08-28-2005, 05:28 AM
My wife asked me las night is it possible to pass the cd gens to our 10 year old son . She is not thrill about my cd but nevertheless supports me somewhat . she agrees from the beginning that we should not hide Jessica from our son . He has seen me dress in front of him since he was a baby . He is pretty cool with it so far . My wife have seen him played with her clothes few times in the past . She wonders is it because he is looking up to me and wants to do the same thing or because he has the cd gens and its coming out . I told her no matter what we will support him 100% . I can't wait to go shopping with him .

Wendy me
08-28-2005, 05:36 AM
i would say any thing is possable or it could just be he is coppying you as every one in the house wears fem clouthing so he wants to do it as welll .....

Imogen_Mann
08-28-2005, 06:00 AM
It seems more likely to be nurture, over nature... but you never can tell. I am fairly sure that my crossdressing is the direct result of my upbringing, and has no genetic foundation.

XX

Jayme

Nisha
08-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Here is a brief of how CD or TS genes are formed. I read it in a Mars-Venus book.

During early stage of pregnancy, sex is determined by genes forming XX or XY chromosomes. At that time several hormones are released to form these genes. If the woman carrying the child is under high stress (due to any reason), the hormone combinations mix up and the sex genes get characteristics (physical and psychological) of opposite sex. The degree of stress determines the level of mix up and the degree of characteristics.

To me this is a good logical explanation that explains the various degrees of CD, TS, TV, TG etc.; even different degrees of desire. I guess a perfect balance would yield a hermaphrodite.

- Nisha

Rachael Warren
08-28-2005, 07:04 AM
If it is possible I won't be worrying about it!

My wife and I had an interesting conversation with our 14 year old son last night. I was fully dressed and he was explaining how he is "cool" with it! I am very proud of him and wouldn't care either way if he did turn out like me.

He has actually worn a skirt when his freinds were visiting us I am told.

I would rather hope that he does have a little of this in him, especially the bits that make for a loving and faithfull partner in a relationship!

I had another thought as we talked as well, he looks so much like I did at his age, and I never got a picture of me dressed then, hmm.................

Love, Rachael.

AnnaMaria
08-28-2005, 07:13 AM
I have wondered about this myself, since I came out to my mother and found out that she has been living with the same feelings that I have all her life. Though I do admit that her feelings are much stronger than my own are, she has come to accept over the years that she will never be anything else other than what she is and she has moved on with her life. She can be very fem when she has to be but as a general rule she tends to dress more androgynous than fem. Could it be stress that causes the difference? I would have to say that it is possible due to the fact that I know that both my mother and her mother were both under a lot of stress during their pregnancies but I am not sure about my grandmothers generation. Was there a cd in that generation or not. I doubt anyone will ever know because to my knowledge I don't think there are any of her generation left in our family at this point. The only thing that I can say for certian is that there are at least two of us in my family and the thing that makes me doubt the idea of a chemical imbalance is the fact that my mothers four brothers are all "normal" as far as I know and I am sure that my grandmother was under just as much stress with them as with my mother so I have no way of knowing for sure which of the two ideas really fits in my situation.

anna

Toyah
08-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Mmmm is this like the deaf community thing, we are deaf therefore our children should be. I don't know but I think it is more important to be balanced and happy then decide on directions not have directions steered by parents.

kazeparker
08-28-2005, 01:07 PM
I think in most cases, it's because a child wants to emulate their father for this specific case, not because of genetics. While some people really do have conditions that make them wish they were the opposite gender, some find a thrill in CDing but wish to remain a male. (see any thread where the people vote whether people CD because they're born in the wrong body, or they find a sexual thrill in it.) Because of that, the desire to CD is an acquired taste, just as many sex thrills are. For example, I highly doubt there is a genetic code that passes along a fetish for feet to other generations, that's acquired through environmental factors, as well as how the brain and body develops. Genetics doesn't really account for what type of clothes you'd like to wear while it develops your body in the womb.

I find Nisha to be partly right, in the respect of people who wish to be the opposite gender. But the stress release of different hormones is an outside factor from genetics--it doesn't change the genetic code itself. So while you develop different different gender characteristics, the only way to pass along characteristics like that in a developmental, fetal stage is to have similar factors in the woman as she is pregnant. Otherwise, those traits are aquired later.