PDA

View Full Version : Transformation visit

Mandy
07-31-2010, 05:37 AM
Well this morning I finally had the courage to go out dressed, I drove down the M62 & even got acknowledged by a wagon driver:o
I actually thought to myself good job he cannot see the rest of me:heehee: or he would have had a shock:heehee:

Once I had got to where I was going I looked round to see if there was anyone about, which there wasnt, got out of my car & walked across the main road to the shop.

On coming out of the shop it was raining and rather windy, the wind factor was exilerating to say the least:) there was more traffic & GG's with kids, which they didnt even bat a eyelid.

This was a brillient experiance & will do it again

CallMeMeg
07-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Very very cool. I bet you're already planning your next time out!

LizaPond
07-31-2010, 06:01 AM
Hello, I'm proud of you for taking that very brave step. If you can walk in public and blend in then your there. The reason your afraid is inside you don't think your passable. What is it that scares you?
I recently have done as you and I went outside. I too drove and looked around and quickly got accross the street then quickly got back in the car. This is normal but in time you won't have these feelings. Somethings to concider:
1) Try going out at night (evening hours) and find a path thats lighted. Put the light to your back and creat a shadow. Walk along and observe your movements. Take notice if you shuffle from side to side like a man does. Women don't shuffle---
2) Walk such that you have a wiggle---not to much just enough. I get it by trying to walk a single line. Crossing one leg in front of the other will give you what you need.
3) Keep your elbows tucked in. If you've ever noticed, women walk by waving the lower parts of thier arms. The upper part stays in.
4) Twist your arms so the palms are facing forward (again not to much) this helps to keep your elbows tucked in.
5) Keep your sholders pulled back. Again don't over do it just enough to show you don't have broad sholders.
6) Suck in your stomach. Do this without looking like you are. Suck it in so your flat in front. If you suck to much it will show in the back and sides haha
7) Lift your head up. Try to show a longer neck by lowering your sholders.
All of this is something to try while your observing your shadow. You'll see the difference. Next is try walking past some people and watch thier eyes. See what they are looking at and correct what it is.
In time you'll just blend in. I'm at the point now I can walk past a group of people and no one knows I'm a man.
You'll find that guys look at you but they will look at a piece of wood if it has a hole in it. It's women that will notice your a man. They are experts and it's hard to fool them. Watch thier eyes and see what they look at. Usually it's your clothes are out of style or your shoes are poor taste. That's ok it's when they look at your face, they know then.
Hope this helps sorry its long
Good luck
Liza

Freddy12
07-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Congratulations, Mandy!
The first time out gives a wonderful thrill, but there is always a bit of a thrill because of the posibility of being "outed". It certainly was a great time for you, and it's wonderful to be planning your next time.
Way to go, girl.

Sweeterica
07-31-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi Mandy, well done girl what a confidence boost, im sure there will be no stopping you now.

KayleeDahl
07-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Way to go girl!!

Hugs
Kaylee

StaceyJane
07-31-2010, 03:12 PM
That's great.

Now you have a whole new world to explore.

Tina P Hose
07-31-2010, 06:38 PM
great for you !!! I live in Missouri and would get beat up, or ridiculed. God Bless the USA !!!

RachelPortugal
08-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Well done Mandy. I'm glad the weather did not spoil your trip out. What next?

MargaretJ
08-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Mandy, that sounds like a great day. I looked at their website a while ago, and decided that when I get some money together, I am definately going to visit their shop in Manchester.

AKAMichelle
08-01-2010, 10:19 AM
That is definitely a start. Keeping on going girl.

Kelli Jo
08-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Way to go Mandy, I have tried a short walk to use an ATM, I realize most people aren't really looking at us if we act like we blend in.