PDA

View Full Version : Told my daughter

thechic
07-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Hi there

Today i told my 16Year old daughter that ive been seeing a therapist for some time and found out she new id been seeing a therapist but not what about ,i told her im seeing a Gender therapist and that if she had any question and so on i would answer them, and left it that at present,as it wasnt a great time to talk,she talk it pretty well, I didn't tell her i desperately wanted to be a woman though.

Also got invited to a friend birthday he said come as your real self (female)Trouble there will be a lot of old school mates from my old home town that don't know about me yet i just don't know how some of them will take it.

More People have found out about me,doesn't help being semi female 24/7.and in full female mode in weekends and Up town.
I have seriously been thinking about HRT been discussing with the doctor and therapist she said its there if you want to start,but im a bit on the nervous side.

Bye

Andy66
07-31-2010, 11:33 AM
It sounds as if things are going well. :hugs:

Angiemead12
07-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Big steps forward, Im happy for you. :hugs:

Tomara
07-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Good news , I hope everything continues to go well for you and your relationship with your daughter.
Tomara

LizaPond
07-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Good for you, if you can't share with your daughter then who?

AllieSF
07-31-2010, 12:50 PM
Congratulations on telling your daughter. That is not an easy task for most. keep working with your therapist and only start HRT if and when you are convinced that is what you truly want with no doubts whatsoever. Try not to get caught up in all the rush and euphoria of coming out to others, dressing more. etc. Get beyond that in your normal boring daily routine and then decide. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Kaitlyn Michele
07-31-2010, 01:34 PM
You made it sound all so easy!! That's great for you and great for your daughter.

I can tell you from my experience that they appreciated my patience as they worked through their feelings, and that they saw howhappy and comfortable i was and those things helped them both.

Does she have anyone you can both trust to talk to?? That is a big help too

:hugs:
Kaitlyn

StaceyJane
07-31-2010, 03:08 PM
My youngest daughter (20yr old) found out about Stacey by accident. I didn't even know she knew until she wrote me a letter telling me. She has been a big supporter of me and I can talk about my adventures going out with her.

viviane
08-01-2010, 07:29 PM
I read the original message, it sounds great. It's great having encouragement.

~Viv~

Kimberly Marie Kelly
08-01-2010, 08:06 PM
We exchanged confessions you might say, she told me she broke up with her boyfriend, but now has a new girlfriend. She then told me she is lesbian. I then confided in her about my being transsexual. I supported her and she's supported me. She tells me that I'm a far happier person now that I've been 24/7 at work and home for 8+ month's now.

You will find they know more than you know, so don't be afraid to talk with her. She will be your best supporter you will have, believe me. :battingeyelashes: Kimberly Marie Kelly