PDA

View Full Version : How would your life be different if you weren't a Crossdresser or TG??????

Christina Horton
07-31-2010, 12:51 PM
I just commented on one of my threads and said how much different I would be if I was not TG. SO look into yourself and tell us what you think you would be like if you weren't a TG person.

1) would you be ok with TG people?

2) would you be a nice or mean person to TGs?

3) would your life is as happy/sad as it is?

4) would your have the same friends Non-TGs?

5) would you have the same job?

6) would you have the same wife?

And more ideas if you have them of how your life would be different.

Kate Simmons
07-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi Christina, here are my answers:

1) Of course.

2) I treat others how I wish to be treated.

3) My life would be fine.

4) Absolutely.

5) Yep--Still retired.

6) Complicated answer.

:battingeyelashes::)

joandher
07-31-2010, 02:04 PM

I Treat people the way i like to be treated ,as a decent human being.

as above

I Dont know not experienced not being C/D

YES

yes

yes

:hugs: J-JAY

Alice B
07-31-2010, 02:24 PM
ASs Popeye said "I yam what I yam." I don't think anything would be different.

kayegirl
07-31-2010, 02:43 PM
1 Yes I would like to think so
2 As above,, I try to treat others as I would hope that they treat me.
3 No life would be a whole lot sadder, and unhappy.
4 Yes, almost all of my non tg friernds know about Kaye and accept me in either persona
5 Yes
6 Yes my late wife knew I was cd long before we married.

TGMarla
07-31-2010, 02:58 PM
How would my life be different? Gawd, who knows? I've never really not been a crossdresser, except for during my childhood, so I have no idea what I'd be like.

NathalieX66
07-31-2010, 04:03 PM
1,2,3,4,5......I would be a boring old coot with no understanding of anything related to trans people, whatever color or flavor of CD/TG/TS.
Being "accepting" doesn't necessarliy mean that some folks get it.

sissystephanie
07-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Christina,

My answers:

1. Of course

2. I live by the Goplden Rule!

3. My life is, and still would be, Happy.

4. My friends would not change.

5. Since I am self-employed the answer would be yes.

6. My dear wife, who supported my CD activities for the near 50 years we were married, passed away over 5 years ago. But if she were alive she would still love me!

But I would be dressed in "DRAB" every day!!! Bad scene!!!

Nicole Erin
07-31-2010, 05:25 PM
I really don't know that one, somehow I doubt it.

Well honestly, let us say I was not TG at all, I would probably have a problem with them but not willing to possibly getting my ass kicked.

Probably would be just as f'ed up

I don't really have any RL TG friends and I imagine I would probably still have a couple old friends

right now I am not employed

I imagine we would have divorced sooner or later either way but for different reasons

I don't honestly think my life has changed a whole lot on count of being TG. I mean long before I ever came out or started living the part, I was pretty much a loser and still am to this day, the only difference these days is I am a TG loser.

Tina P Hose
07-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Don't really know, as I have had the desire to dress since a very young age.

CallMeMeg
07-31-2010, 07:20 PM
If I wasn't a cd, I'd wonder why the hell I loved wearing women's clothing. :)

I've been thinking about the answers to your questions, but the only things I know for sure are:

1. I'd have more money
2. I'd have more room in my closet.
3. I wouldn't know what to do when I had the house to myself.

Teri Jean
07-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Christina these are questions we all ask of ourselves and should. Thanks Now the answers are as follows for me;
1) yes
2) no
3) I would not be as happy as I am today, do I have issues(?) yes but more manageable
4) no, I have had individuals, mostly female, who before were distant become closer and men who have pulled away
5) yes
6) I am widowed

AKAMichelle
07-31-2010, 10:30 PM
I don't know that I would be as understanding about TG. Except for the cd'ing, I don't think my life would be much different. I think the only difference would be that I may have a harder time relating to women.

PretzelGirl
07-31-2010, 10:32 PM
I noticed you didn't answer your own questions girl. :naughty :D

I think I would be. Before really dressing regularly, I had some GBL friends. Never had a problem. I have always believed people should do as they please.

Nice if #1 is true.

I have always done things to make my life happy. Why sit around sad? Just a waste of time.

Yes. I don't see how they would be impacted.

Yes. That has no connection to my dressing.

Since my dressing got going after we got married, certainly.

Michaela42
07-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Honestly there is no telling as what makes us "us" is our lifetime of experiences. I would seriously hope that I would be just as kind (I try) and understanding (again I try) to all people. This is a very good question though, thanks for posting it!

sandra-leigh
08-01-2010, 12:05 AM
The question is difficult to answer. "If I weren't a CD or TG", then I would be a different person than I am, and that person might have had a different personality.

What I can say is that I wasn't aware that I was a CD or TG until I was 43, so I can answer the questions with respect to how things would have been if I had not become aware of this aspect of myself.

On the other hand, not being aware of being TG doesn't mean you aren't TG. From childhood I've been treated "differently" (mostly poorly), and in retrospect people must have been somehow sensing / seeing something about me that I wasn't aware of myself. If my brain had worked differently, if those aspects hadn't been there for people to pick up on, if people had treated me differently from childhood... I would likely have ended up considerably different. Or am I just projecting a believed TG into my childhood in a vain attempt to rationally understand the dynamics of the fundamentally irrational children around me? Things might not have been any different at all...

Anyhow, from the perspective of someone who didn't know they were CD or TG for the first 85% of their life:

1) Once I passed my teens, some of my closest friends or people I admired have been gay or lesbian; although I didn't know any CD or TG or TS, through my experiences with G/L, I became pretty accepting.

2) Even now I have difficulty in accepting "she-males" (not that I've ever met or encountered any), but without my CD/TG experiences I suspect I wouldn't have been willing to at least sit down and listen to them. Other than that, if I'd had the same experiences but not turned out to be CD/TG myself, then I probably would have ended up sympathetic to CD/TG/TS.

3) Difficult to say how my life would have turned out. I got fairly sick about 8 years ago (definitely before I realized I was a CD), and it appears likely that there are fundamental connections between the medical causes of that and my CD/TG nature -- internal conflicts in my brain processes. If those conflicts had not occurred and I had stayed (apparently) healthy, I would have been spared so much suffering. On the other hand, I would not necessarily been "happy": mine has not been a "happy" life (productive, Yes, contributing a lot to people and society, Yes, but not "happy"). Oddly, I'm markedly better "socially adjusted" as an publicly obvious TG than I ever was before.

4) If l had been a different person... if people had treated me differently... of course I might well have ended up with different friends. However, the pattern of sparse friendships was set long before I knew I was CD/TG.

5) Same job? Again, difficult to say. If my youth had been different, if I hadn't ended up as independent-minded as I did, then it is plausible that I would have ended up in a more commercial job. I would, though, almost certainly have ended up in the same general class of work.

6) I have been with my wife since before I was aware I was CD/TG. On the other hand, if my brain had worked differently, if I had turned out to be better adjusted socially, I might have Met Someone when I was much younger. Very hard to say. CD/TG was simply not on the horizon in my 20's and 30's, but I had very few dates. What would-have-been / could-have-been / might-have-been if things I didn't even know about myself had not been there at all -- it just isn't productive speculation.

JamieG
08-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I just commented on one of my threads and said how much different I would be if I was not TG. SO look into yourself and tell us what you think you would be like if you weren't a TG person.

These are great questions.

1) It embarrasses me to say this, but if I'm being honest then I would probably have to say no. I didn't really become "okay with gay people" until I accepted myself as CD. I don't think I would have my current level of empathy if I wasn't CD.

2) I don't think I would be nice or mean. I would be ambivalent. I might say some things that would appear callous, but it would not be intentional (once again, this is based on how I reacted towards gay people before I accepted myself).

3) I think my life would be about as happy. I would have avoided some particularly painful episodes, but would have missed some moments of joy as CD.

4) Mostly the same friends. Most of my close friends do not know of my TG-life (kind of ironic, don't you think?)

5) Yup. Being TG is irrelevant for my job.

6) Yup. She decided to stick with me after I told her I was TG; if I wasn't this way I'm sure she'd be okay with that (as long as it didn't significantly change my personality).

Anna Maria
08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
1) Yes

2) I would be nice, we are all Sisters aren't we?

3) Happy!

4) Of course

5) No, I would be a nurse and look after people.

Sorry if all that sounds rubbish but it is true :hugs:

Lexine
08-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Absolutely!

Nice of course!

I'm sure I'd still be happy, though that's quite a paradox in itself

Sure

Yep

Not married ;)

Rianna Humble
08-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Like several others I will answer on the basis of how I would be if I hadn't accepted that I am TG since I believe my transgender has informed every part of my life even when I didn't want to accept it. On that basis:

As Robert, I had a reputation for promoting diversity and was at least indirectly responsible for the first lesbian councillor being elected in my town. I was not aware of knowing any TG people, but would have treated them the same as any other group of people - as human beings

Robert was nice to every sector of society, I don't believe he would have been any different with TG's

3) would your life be as happy/sad as it is?

Probably less happy

4) would you have the same friends Non-TGs?

Almost definitely with one or two exceptions who I have met since admitting who I am

Yes

Yes, since I have never married.

Terraforming
08-01-2010, 02:34 AM

1) If I wasn't TG, I probably would have taken after the behavior of my father and brother. They aren't opposed to the rights of transgendered people, but their lack of understanding of them leads to ridicule whenever the subject comes up. I'd probably be the same way.

2) I'm not really mean to anyone. Based on how I answered number 1, I'm sure I'd bear some nasty thoughts about transgendered people, but I doubt I'd ever take any kind of offensive action.

3) I really have no idea. I'd be such a different person if I wasn't TG that I don't know what kind of situations I'd be in on a daily basis. Could be worse, could be better.

4) Yes, unless I didn't join JROTC in this alternate reality.

5) My passion is storytelling, mostly film. I might have gone that direction eventually, but at the same time being transgendered is what kept me from joining the military. So instead of being a student with aspirations for film, I'd probably be in the Air Force or the Navy.

6) Not married, though being transgendered did ruin a relationship I had with my high school sweetheart. If that wasn't the case, I might have still been with her, but then I kind of doubt that.

Christina Horton
08-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Ever since I made this thread I have been thinking more and more about this and I am getting to the point where I can't think of what I would really be like if I never was a CD and still I thank God that she made me a CD. After all if god made us in Her image then she must be CD to cuz there are two sexes on earth EH.

Why do you think she made a man first. She wanted a man in her life and when he could not look at god as a Girl friend she made him a girl friend and that where Eve came from LOL. Just my little theory.:daydreaming:

randumbness
08-15-2010, 02:03 AM
1) Would you be ok with TG people?

Oh, definitely. Though crossdressing has ENHANCED my acceptance, I am tolerant of tg, gay, bisexual, lesbian, pansexual, etc. etc.

2) Would you be a nice or mean person to TGs?

I wouldn't be mean, but curious and possibly misinformed.

3) Would your life is as happy/sad as it is?

I guess it might be happier. As of this moment, if I had the courage to not care what my parents, friends, or strangers thought of me when it came to Tina, and I can just go out as Tina while still being accepted as male when I'm me, then I would be sadder than my life as is. But I can't do that around certain people, so it makes me sad. So I'd be happier not being a crossdresser.

4) Would your have the same friends Non-TGs?

I wouldn't have the same friends because I wouldn't have met fellow crossdressers on forums I stumble into. They'd have had to met me or have had SOME kind of interaction.

5) Would you have the same job?

Probably, unless I get a job as a waitress or a drag queen.

6) Would you have the same wife?

Single. No wifey at the moment. (All the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, now put your hands up! Oh oh oh...)

joannemarie barker
08-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Don't really know as I've dressed forever.
I do know that I wouldn't be lying in bed wearing a bra and panties right now though lol :)

Imogen_Mann
08-15-2010, 04:14 AM

Yes... I'm ok with everyone else as I am now.

I'm mean to a lot of people, but only if they deserve it.

About the same I hope.

Yes.

Yes.

Not married, but probably no. My ex would not have walked out.

noeleena
08-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Hi,

For us Thats Jos & my self we have more friends now than 12 years ago. those real friends wev had over the years are the same . & have accepted who i am wether i am male or female thats really a no brainer,

as too trans i would never have meet any nore did before 12 years ago.& as to people having problems or being different has not changed not a problem ,

As to being happyer at 63 & the last 12 years have been a mix of hell & the best time of my life ,

As to new friends, that has only come about because i am able to express my self as in being a woman & being on T V ,papers & the net . lets just say to well known world wide .
Im a builder by trade & no i would certinly would not have changed what i have done for 46 years , both if you like., male / female ,

Being married yes to the same person who is Jos ,

What you have to realise is , im both male & female so what could change , to live as a male & not be one . or live as a woman & not be one, or just be who i am & not really change, well did i change, no, im just expressing the real who i am .
this ? is like im being backed in to a corner & to answer is like how can i change to some one that i already am. i spos third gender comes to mind , or intersex.

What has changed has been being able to join groups & be accepted ,
the difference between men & women in how we do things get on & be a part of . what i see & has happened has been because i can express my self fully as a woman is, im.......... AT HOME ........

as to men i was a out cast , i wont blame them it was more i did not & can not relate to men, in groups i hit a brick wall , like i was blocked off , thats not saying i dont get on with men its hard work . ill figger it out one day may be,.

While i was going back over this iv come to realise , ill put it this way i have a mental block as to relateing with or to men .if you understand what im saying ,

...noeleena...

eluuzion
08-15-2010, 05:17 AM
(A) Yes, I am open minded and respectful of others, (unless they are pointing a gun at me).

(A) Nice

(A) yes

(A) yes

(A) What is a "job"?

(A) I got divorced (not "last time" but "for the last time about 15 years ago. Repeating the same mistake over and over, but expecting different outcomes is one of definitions of "insanity". No more for me....

I always try and treat other fairly and with respect, just as I would like to be treated in return...

That makes it easier for sociopaths to identify me as a "loser", and take advantage of me...
:D:heehee::D

Raychel
08-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Sure I would be totally fine with TG people, I am pretty open minded

I wouldn't treat them any differant then anyone else.

I wuld hope that I would have a happy life no matter what

Yes, But I would never have meet the great friends that i have here. :sad:

Yes

Yes, She didn't know the other side of me when we married.

Angie G
08-15-2010, 07:20 AM
I couldn't imagine not dressing as a girl but.
1 Yes
2 Still nice
3 Not as happy
4 Yes
5 Yes
6 Yes
:hugs:
Angie

TGMarla
08-15-2010, 08:32 AM
There's really no way for me to know the answers to any of these questions. I might well have the same wife, same friends, same job, but as to whether or not I'd be tolerant of TG people or not, I have no idea. I've never not been a crossdresser/TG person since my early adolescence, so it's been a cornerstone of my adult development my whole life. I think I might have been a happier person without this constant gender battle going on in my head, couple with the frustration of being a man when I think I'd rather have been a woman. But I'll never really know.

christiek
08-15-2010, 08:50 AM
I knew by the age of 6/7 (when watching an epi of Oprah) that there was a way that I can in fact be the woman I am on the inside on the outside as well. Life not being TG wouldn't or more so couldn't have been. I would no longer be here. I am proud of who I am and the other problems that comes with. Well that's part of life. May not have been the same situations but I'm sure eventually things would have been somewhat the same to a degree. For example. I still don't think my dad and I would get along well even if I wasn't. It might be a little better but not much.

Carole
08-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi Christina, having taken a deep look into myself, I come to the same answer as when I first read your post. I am unable to answer honestly all your questions due to the fact that as I am CD/TG/TV (whatever label you want to put) I don't know life as a non TG.

michellesworld
08-15-2010, 01:22 PM
How would my life be different if my eyes were green?

I really see being a CD as just something being part of me, so it's impossible to say. I think the better question would be for me how would my life be different if I were out of teh closet...:o

Alice Torn
08-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Well, I come from an extremely dysfunctional family, always felt odd and different, even before cding. I have "taken it in the shorts" socially, never really had a chance to marry, always been odd, and poor, though a super hard worker. Always have been depressed. I have no friends where I just had to move. Seems everyone is married with children here. Having to be with my dad, who always resented me, makes it hell. My cats are my only friends, now, but, i did leave behind a homosexual friend, and some church friends, though only two know about cd, and don't like it. I have empathy for some GLBT people, as I have always been odd, too, a loner.

Christina Horton
08-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Well it seems like most of us would for the most part be the same person if we were not TG at all. It does depends on how you were raised and where you grew up.

Thanks to all for your insight on this.

ArleneRaquel
08-19-2010, 06:51 PM
I would have more money. Being a woman is very costly, but its also great fun. :battingeyelashes:

kimdl93
08-19-2010, 06:53 PM
I can't honestly see that being TG has changed the course of my life. It doesn't make me any dumber, so I can't blame my mistakes on being TG. Without the mistakes, my life would have been different, but I would still have been TG.

Christina Horton
08-22-2010, 11:39 AM
I would have more money. Being a woman is very costly, but its also great fun. :battingeyelashes:

Ya I was thinking that over the family BBQ when my mom told me I spend way to much money. I told her that when you have to start form scratch it will seem to cost more but if you spread it over a life time like she had it does not seem like it.

So yes it does cost tons but when you have all you need the cost goes down but it still costs more then being a man.

Ya I thought about how much I have spent on CDing and it's shocking.

KarenSusan
08-22-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't see how I can answer this since I have always been a crossdresser. If I wasn't a crossdresser, I suspect I would be only vaguely aware that certain men like to dress as women.

Christina Horton
08-23-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't see how I can answer this since I have always been a crossdresser. If I wasn't a crossdresser, I suspect I would be only vaguely aware that certain men like to dress as women.

Yes I know its a hard question to answer but thats way I asked it. When you have to think about an answer well you will gain insight into you own life .

victoriamwilliams1
08-23-2010, 09:27 AM

1. I think I would be
2. I would be nice because you never know who they are connected to
3. I would have joy
4. Yes
5. Most defiantly
6. I sure hope so

Christina Horton
08-27-2010, 12:36 AM
2. I would be nice because you never know who they are connected to

I have never thought about that. I just treat people they best I can. That's just the way I is . But I never worried about treating someone cuz they could be a boost to my life in the way of work or they could be a big shot LOL. But not I have it in the back of my head and I have you to blame for that. Thanks a lot....LOL.