PDA

View Full Version : A Great Night Out in Real World

steffie39
08-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi girls,

Just wanted to share this: I went to a CDing meeting on Saturday. I thought it would be just a regular meeting but guess what? Unexpectedly some of the girls asked me if I wanted to go to Dress Barn shopping for a while. This has always been one of my dreams if I ever did go out. I thought to myself: why not as life is too short? Thus I actually went out in the real world en-femme (not just within the protection of a room with other CDers). I was nervous at first (my heart was beating loudly).
I went into the store and was nervous. I proceeded to pass a mirror and saw myself. I decided the person looking back belonged there and I then tried to walk confidently.
I tried on a couple of outfits and even asking the sales girl for help. I thought they looked nice and I bought them. Also when I tried on for my wife after I came home, she liked them.

The important thing that I learned is the world didn't come to an end when I went out enfemme. That means I can walk outside and won't ridiculed. :) :thumbsup: It's a start on my long journey. I still would not go out all by myself but only with other girls. I never thought I would go out this early in my CDing but I am truly glad I did. I had a wonderful time and finally bought an outfit I (not my wife) picked out (she wasn't with me at the store). I just wanted to share my happiness. I'm not going to suddenly become a trend setter and go out alone but at least now know I can sometimes walk outside! Thanks for reading my long post!

Steffie

gennee
08-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Steffie:

It was great you went out shopping en femme with your friends :thumbsup:. That's what I want to do someday int the near future. I was moved that you got comfortable after viewing yourself in the store mirror. It must have been a turning point for this particular evening. Just thinking about what you did has empowered be to be bold and step out. I'm new to CDing and each day it gets better. Stories like yours are encouraging more than you know. Happy CDing!

Gennee ;)

:thanks: :cheer:

Noel Chimes
08-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Congradulations on an absolutly fantastic evening. Many of us only dream of doing what you have done. :bow: :Power: Just one question, have your pumps touched the floor yet? :hugs: Noel

Wendy me
08-28-2005, 01:25 PM
way cool that little push works wonders way to go....

tifftg
08-28-2005, 01:40 PM
It often is a lot easiere to take those steps out the door with the help of supportive friends. Sounds like you have found, hope to hear about more adventures in the future.

Have fun,

tiff

steffie39
08-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi girls,

Gennee: Like you I am fairly new to CDing. More than 2 yrs ago I never even fully dressed (until my wife encouraged me). If I can do it, anyone can! I think the best thing to do is go to a group meeting and go with a group of girls (just my opinion). I just recently joined a group here in NJ. This helped me in that it gave me support. If I tried alone, I would have probably fallen in my heels. :D It helps to be with other nice girls. Gave me the push I needed.

Noel: No my pumps havben't touched the floor yet. :)

Wendy and Tiff: Thanks for the encouraging words!

Steffie

Marla GG
08-28-2005, 02:06 PM
That is just great Steffie! Can we see a picture of you in your new outfits sometime?

Just think, it will get easier and easier the more you do it. I loved it when you described your confidence growing as you decided you belonged there. Yes you did! This was a big step for you and I am so happy you shared it with all of us.

Kimberly
08-28-2005, 04:02 PM
gratz, honey!!!! Another "pass"... hehe.

*Stamp of approval*

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-28-2005, 04:34 PM
You go girl! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

It's great that you had some GG friends to accompany you. Aside from the confidence boost I'm sure it gave you, it probably help set the other shoppers at ease.

As you discovered, if you act like you deserve respect, you'll usually get it.

Phoebe Reece
08-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Way to go Steffie! It gets easier on the nerves the more you do it.