PDA

View Full Version : Well a shot at voice.

Nicole Erin
08-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Let's see how my moronic video upload skillz are.
yes that is my voice, critique honestly. I have heard everything from I sound sexy, to old lady, to Norman Bates, etc. Yeah I am still working on it, but one thing you need to know is there is a couple seconds of some horrid sound, no it isn't a screamer but anyways, if this works...

I will not tolerate any pwn4g3!ng though. Lollercoastering is forbidden also. :heehee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUeaMZ_iOv4

ReineD
08-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Well first, let me ask about your name. I've called you Erin, then decided that was wrong so I switched to Nicole because it is your first name listed here. But now I notice the name you used on the voice vid page is Erin. Which one should I use? :)

At to the voice, it's very good. You certainly don't sound like Norman Bates. But it might be a tad too lyrical, too melodic. Just a bit. I don't know how else to describe it, but you have a very wide range in your inflection or pitch and it might be best to equalize it a bit. It wouldn't sound as if you're trying so hard. Not make it flat or anything, but maybe not have to pitch it so high at the end of a sentence, or in the middle of a sentence so often.

You really do sound good though. There's no hint of male in your voice, to my ears.

One great thing about your voice, or rather the way you speak compared to others I've heard on youtube .... you don't hide behind all the "umms" and "ahhs"! :thumbsup:

So what's pwn4g3!ng and lollercoastering?

Nicole Erin
08-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Thanks Reine, yeah I am still working on it, I mean the voice is THERE I just need to learn to hone my control. Like when you see a target but have a hard time grid-locking it. My problem is having a female resonance without going over on the tone itself...
I kind of slipped into sexy mode a bit :heehee:

And with pwn3ag!ng and lollercoasterzzz... OH I don't know, I think it is something younger folks say when they are fighting on the web, synonymous to real-life clown, burn, joan, diss, snap... HUUUU, BURN!
Come on now, am I suppose to act like a grown-up or something? You know I was joking in the video when I asserted, "I said, doesn't my voice sound good?"

FERGOT - I mostly go by Erin but Nicole is just as well. I just hate being called by the male name.
And don't call me Serious. ;)

erickka
08-02-2010, 05:50 AM
To be brutally honest with you, you sound just like a dear friend of mine in Fl. who is a true psychic. She is around 65 years young and her voice is very soothing if you listen to her meditation CD. I think you sound quite good.

Barbara Dugan
08-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Sounds pretty good to me:thumbsup::hugs:

StaceyJane
08-02-2010, 06:38 AM
I think you sound great.

victoriamwilliams1
08-02-2010, 07:18 AM
You sound great!

Inna
08-02-2010, 10:29 AM
GG to me

Debra Russell
08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Fantastic, not a hint of testosterone in that voice - Iam jelous

kellycan27
08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Great job Erin! You really do sound good. And NO I didn't rip out any stitches laughing. I was actually quite impressed.

Kel

joanne shannon
08-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Your voice sounds just great and very feminine...I too am jealous.

Christina Horton
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Well I'll be honest with you. You sould like you got you nuts caught I'm a bear snap trap. That was horafinging hell I can't ever find a word that explans how bad that was....

And if you beleve that then your not the girl and the friend I got addicted to second life.

As I have said in the phone and on SL you voice is gotten sooooooo much better. You sound like a gg ,you as said above need to work on The way she say things and the tone. Other then That your voice passes muster Missy !

You've heard mine how does my voice sound. """HAY"""!!!!!!!!!!! this can't be all about YOU Hun. Some has to be about me. :devil:

sterling12
08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
IMHO The Timbre is about right, but I'll agree with Reine; I would try to extinguish that Melodic "sing-songish" style of speaking. To me, it makes you sound like a "Valley Girl," and I personally don't care for that quality. It might work for Molly Cyrus, but people tend to cut her a lot of slack.

For what it is worth. I spent many years in Radio and Television, and I don't think I ever met a person who after hearing their recorded voice, was completely happy with what they heard. That would be my best advise, get a Recorder and "Work" on making changes that you want to hear.....then go back again, and make more changes.

If you would care, what I think is "Ideal," (and I'm pretty sure you don't.) I always liked those kind of "throaty" alto's. You all know The Type; too many cigarettes, perhaps a bit too much experience?

Or, you can just try and sound like Betty Boop!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Joanie B
08-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Let's see how my moronic video upload skillz are.
yes that is my voice, critique honestly. I have heard everything from I sound sexy, to old lady, to Norman Bates, etc. Yeah I am still working on it, but one thing you need to know is there is a couple seconds of some horrid sound, no it isn't a screamer but anyways, if this works...

I will not tolerate any pwn4g3!ng though. Lollercoastering is forbidden also. :heehee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUeaMZ_iOv4
I think you sounded great.
I too am jealous.......

Joanie B.

Sammy777
08-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I would deff not say Norman Bates, but you some how reminded me of Kathy Bates.

You sound good

Terraforming
08-03-2010, 02:46 AM
First of all, that was very funny. When you said lollercoaster I pictured Santa's Workshop, not the Giant Dipper.

Anyway, as far as the voice goes, that's a great place to work from. You sound very feminine, but not too squeaky as if you had just started practicing and raised your pitch too high. As you said, your tone needs some work to give it more of a natural sound, but you're definitely on the right track. Good stuff.