PDA

View Full Version : A few noob questions.

KathyC
08-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Hello all,
I have a few silly questions to ask.

1) Best place/how to hide or store my femme clothes/shoes in my room? My mother cleans my room once in a while.

2) How often do I need to clean my wig? Do I need those "special" shampoo & conditioner? Do I brush it when it drys with a anti-static brush? My first one was a very cheap one from a party/halloween store, super heavy & kinky, and then finally destroyed (splited ends).

3) Does MAC has the best foundation?

Thank you kindly:love:

sterling12
08-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Oh My Kathy, you might just be The First TG Person from Mainland China to have ever written to This Forum. Welcome Aboard, your Communication Skills are excellent!

To answer your questions? You'll probably get lots of ideas about "hiding places." I'm not familiar with The Architecture in your part of The World, but I am pretty sure if your Mom cleans your Room, and you hide your stuff in That Room....she will find it! Is an Attic or Cellar available? Perhaps a Storage Building?

Mac makes very good Cosmetics, but there are others. I would be investigating what brands of Cosmetics that Professional Women in China are using.

In The U.S. Wig Stores count a significant part of their business as coming from T-People. Most any store in The States could get you fitted and fixed up with a Complimentary Wig. You might try to discreetly make inquiries in China. I'll bet you would get a good reception, and actually visiting A Store, and working with A Professional is the only way to find Your Perfect Match. Clean your Wig, when it gets Funky. A lot of people use A cold water shampoo for sweaters, and delicates called "Woolite." There are Generic Equivalent Products. For a Conditioner, a lot of people use fabric softener. And yes, there are specific products available at The Wig Store....but, often expensive.

Have fun around here, there's a lot you can learn. Don't be impatient, your young, and you can afford to go slow.

Peace and Love, Joanie

eluuzion
08-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Hiya Kathy,

Difficult to suggest hiding places without knowing the layout. I am surprised to see that you have your own room, as many homes are very small square footage in your part of the world. Anyway...some options...

-advise your parents you want some "privacy" (age appropriate request) and you want to clean your own room from now on.

-one place "snooping" people rarely check is a dirty laundry hamper. But it might be a risk for you if your mom does your laundry.

-a zippered pillowcase cover loaded with your clothes, then placed inside a second pillow case cover (with the first one inserted with the zipper at the bottom of the second case) works well. (as a primary or "second" pillow on your bed.

Those "foot locker" type trunks (popular with college students in dorms) work well, if you install a "false bottom" in it.

A big stuffed animal with the stuffing removed creates a storage area. (I bought my daughter a "life sized" teddy bear for $50 when she was a kid). It would have been perfect.

The wig cleaning question is mostly common sense. How well the wig holds up to 'washing' is a matter of the quality of the wig. Main thing is to be gentle. It is more of a "rinsing" technique. Try not to disturb the hair (no scrubbing and stuff or you end up with a fuzzy rat. Air dry no hair dryers, etc.

Cosmetics are an issue of personal preference. Just jump in and experiment.

HaveFun/BeHappy,
:love:

Imogen_Mann
08-03-2010, 02:57 AM
Hello all,
I have a few silly questions to ask.

1) Best place/how to hide or store my femme clothes/shoes in my room? My mother cleans my room once in a while.

2) How often do I need to clean my wig? Do I need those "special" shampoo & conditioner? Do I brush it when it drys with a anti-static brush? My first one was a very cheap one from a party/halloween store, super heavy & kinky, and then finally destroyed (splited ends).

3) Does MAC has the best foundation?

Thank you kindly:love:

Answers.... Somewhere she won't look is good, but even better I found, was somewhere right under her nose. I had a lot of my girl clothes just hanging in my wardrobe or in my drawers. The secret is, my mother never cleaned my room because I was one step ahead of her and kept it spotless anyway and took to doing my own laundry, so she'd glance in, and then go tidy my sisters room instead.

You need to clean your wig as often as you see fit, if you only wear it occasionally and keep it safe in a cover... then monthly if that. If you wear it for 15 hours a day, then was it weekly or maybe more. Wig's are a finite resource, they don;t last forever. I have found that careful washing with normal shampoo and conditioner is fine. My wigs all seem to last very well with regular hair care products, no need for 'special' wig care items. I was once SERIOUSLY ripped off by a shop near Euston Station in London (yeah... them) who charged me £65 for a wig and £8 for a 'special brush, that was no more than a cheap plastic hairbrush in a fancy packet. That was in the late 1980's and believe me £73 was worth a LOT more back then.

Theres some instructions here :
http://www.wigsnhairpieces.com/clean-wig.html

Foundation, it's all about trial and error. I use several types, and so far collection 2000 liquid, and a powder foundation from Tesco seem to be very good, and not breaking the bank. It depends how far you ant to take things, how often you make yourself up and most importantly it depends on YOUR skin, and how things work (or not) for you.

KathyC
08-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Thank you sisters!
I think it is a good idea to hide the femme clothes inside a stuffed animal, my mother does look inside of my closet tho, because some of her clothes are store in there; so does my sister's ( I never wear them tho, not my style, plus I can affort mine). All my man clothes are basically on the floor:straightface:
Since the wig is made of fiber, I guess I can wash it with cold water & maybe couple drops of regular shampoo right? Another drop of conditioner afterward won't hurt, correct??
I have somewhat sensitive skin, I feel itchy after I put the foundation on, maybe the foundation is cheap & bad quality? The brand is "wet & wild", I believe it costs around $4USD.. They told me MAC is the best, but the price tag is a little high.
Yes, I have search online and see many "CD store" jack up the price on many of the products, many of them can easily purchase from a department store; such as a pair of panty hose they can raise up the price double, a cheap bra or panty they can mark them up equal to the price of the Vitoria secrets!!

Thanks again for the help!!

KerryLynn
08-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Hi Kathy! Thats it time to go back to my own lil world lol

:wave:

KathyC
08-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi Kathy! Thats it time to go back to my own lil world lol

:wave:
Why you have to go back to your own little world??

KayleeDahl
08-03-2010, 06:42 AM
A locking file cabinet can be a good hiding place too - just say its for your bills and such. Devote one drawer to clothes, one to bills :) - Tip - if the bottom drawer isn't heavy (ie clothes) it may tip over if you put alot of files in the top, and then slide the drawer all the way out on top.

Hope that helps! it is one place I used to use when I had to hide stuff.

Hugs
Kaylee

KathyC
08-03-2010, 06:49 AM
A locking file cabinet can be a good hiding place too - just say its for your bills and such. Devote one drawer to clothes, one to bills :) - Tip - if the bottom drawer isn't heavy (ie clothes) it may tip over if you put alot of files in the top, and then slide the drawer all the way out on top.

Hope that helps! it is one place I used to use when I had to hide stuff.

Hugs
Kaylee

Thank you Kaylee for the advise.
I do have guitar cases to hide my stuff in as well..
basically the biggest problems are the shoes :(

KerryLynn
08-03-2010, 07:44 AM
because they know me there j/k

Tranny Tee
08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Or, instead of hiding talk with mom and tell her about crossdressing.

Carissa T
08-03-2010, 02:52 PM
One of my best hiding places was luggage. Unless a trip is planned, no one touches it and you are ready to go for a weekend getaway at moments notice!

Ciao