PDA

View Full Version : O.M.G.!!!! What have I done

Danni Bear
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
went to see my mom.I need her and want her there for my big day.Haven't seen or talked to her in almost 50 years,since she outed me as a teen at 14. She disapproved and made certain that I knew her feelings.

My twin brother talked me into this.He said that mom had changed and he would be there with me.O.M.G. change I couldn't believe what happened next. Not only did I get my mom back but discovered that she and my hubby had worked together on my transition.I had wondered how we always seemed to have the recources when we needed them. They came from her.
I had wasted years by not trying. A beautiful woman and me to scared and hurt.Now not only do I have four daghters helping me but the most important part of my life back. A mom that loves me ,all of me and always did.
How can one girl be so blessed.

Please,any of you that are in any way hurting or denying your needs to speak to any loved one about your journey.Think and act before its too late.Find some way,it is easier than you think. They love you but don't know how to approach you. Too many of us on here have had bad experiences,it has made us draw inwards to protect ourselves. The act of accepting ourselves and all we do must lead to somewhere better.I wish that I had a magic wand that I could wave and help all my sisters.

Danni Beard
once cd
but now
loving wife
Sept.13,2010

Karentgny
08-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Wow, that is a beautiful outcome!! Congratulations. It is so great to get your family back!

gabe
08-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Fifty years is a long time. Just think, she was pining for you all that time! Your experience touched me deeply as a parent and as a son. Beautiful story. Congratulations.

Sarah Doepner
08-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Amazing and wonderful both. Don't spend you time regreting what you have missed, there is no benefit there now. It sounds like it will be more than made up for as you explore this new relationship.

AKAMichelle
08-03-2010, 07:43 PM
This is what happens when people have cross words and nobody ever works to fix it. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. The blame for this goes both ways, but luckily you both have learned from it. At least now when you do need her the most, she will be there for you. Congratulations of the outcome. I know this means a lot to you now to be accepted now more than ever.

rickibarr
08-03-2010, 07:53 PM
A beautiful story; many blessings for both of you.

PretzelGirl
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Yea! :cheer: Don't look back. Enjoy her now.

Nicole Erin
08-03-2010, 09:58 PM
wow, what do you say to someone after 50 years, I mean, wow..

Danni Bear
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
what do you say Erin you don't at first it's all crying and hugging just looking ,touching,

Danni

sterling12
08-04-2010, 03:18 AM
Well, what is done is done. You can't go back and change these years, and your Mother has done her Penance.

It is good that you two are resolving these issues. Your Mom is in "The Home Stretch" of her Life, and I'm sure this will make her happy.

So, starting here, starting now, you two get to create something new! And, that can't be a bad thing.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Rianna Humble
08-04-2010, 08:36 AM
I agree with the others, that looking back and regretting that you didn't try sooner for a reconciliation will only serve to depress you.

The additional comment that I would make is that now you know how supportive she has been and is, try to find a gesture however small to demonstrate your appreciation of the way that she has come around. Then spend as much time as you can rebuilding the relationship and involving her with her grandchildren. That way 3 generations will benefit from the reconciliation. :hugs:

ReineD
08-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Please,any of you that are in any way hurting or denying your needs to speak to any loved one about your journey.

Glad your mom had a change of heart after 50 years. This is rare, but I'm sure it is possible. You told her when the time was right for you.

We have a forum full of people who are also progressing at their own rates with this, and their inroads are to be applauded, no matter where they're at with their disclosures. The importance is telling a spouse. :)