PDA

View Full Version : Height

Lex
08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
So I was thinking about height the other day. I'm 5'9" and the boots I wear pretty much every day take me up another two inches. So I've always felt that I was pretty lucky with my height, it does help me fit in when I'm a guy. Plus, in my family I am freakishly tall and I enjoy that. Although I wish I was two inches taller so that I was taller than my dad. :P

But yeah, it got me to thinking, how tall is everyone here? And do you have issues with your height?

Ze
08-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Not-quite-5'5". Tends to make me feel inferior to other men. A lot.

Kaden
08-04-2010, 08:39 AM
5'3" =/

Don't like being short but nothing can be done about it so no point letting it bother me. I just keep in mind that there are plenty of short men out there.

Kieron Andrew
08-04-2010, 09:23 AM
4ft 8in and im used to it now...doesn't make me less of a man for being short, ive known other bio guys who are short

Andy66
08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes, there are a lot of short men out there, and they have a certain charm. I like 'em. ;)

I guess I blend in pretty well. At 5'7" I'm a bit taller than average for a woman, and a little shorter than average for a man. I used to worry about my height when I was younger, but it can't really be changed, so why worry?

Thornton
08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
5'7". depending on my shoes, I might get up to 5'8".

Andy66
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
5'5"? Pshhht. The way you complain I would have thought you were two feet tall. :heehee: One of the most awesome guys I ever dated was about your height, maybe a little shorter. And remember this: height doesn't matter when you're lying down. :we:

Kieron Andrew
08-04-2010, 06:43 PM
5'5"? Pshhht. The way you complain I would have thought you were two feet tall. :heehee: One of the most awesome guys I ever dated was about your height, maybe a little shorter. And remember this: height doesn't matter when you're lying down. :we:

exactly im 2ft when in my wheelchair...and you're right about the laying down thing :heehee:

Faith_G
08-04-2010, 07:10 PM
All the trans men I know are considerably shorter than me (I'm 6 foot even). It doesn't make a bit of difference, nobody would mistake them for women. I'd be proud to be seen on the arm of any of them. :happy:

Ziko
08-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm 5'7". I kind of wish I were a little shorter. I think shorter guys are a bit more attractive. xD

But other than that, I'm cool with my height. Never really had any problems with it.

christiek
08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
5'3" =/

Don't like being short but nothing can be done about it so no point letting it bother me. I just keep in mind that there are plenty of short men out there.

Actually there is something you can do about it! (and its not as bad as trying to lose height . . . "Hey Doc! Will your break my legs and take a piece of bone out and make me shorter!" of course Ive seen it done the other way around as well) From some of the research I have done (I was looking into ways to boost the effectiveness of my hormones not that most would say I need it) I have found that it is possible to grow taller. At least there is a claim. And it makes sense. During puberty your HGH levels rise dramatically and are a big factor in the way your body uses the hormones that you are producing. I will be honest and say that I dont know much about FtM's. I have only ever met one. He was a great guy I wish I had gotten his (and his gf's) number before I left the state. (I just recently moved.) I am not sure what all you take normally but you may want to look into HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and the different types that are out there. I was going to take it for a while along with my hormones but one of the things I found is that it can increase height which I DONT want. Im lucky enough to be 5'6" naturally which is at the top of average for women but still in the norm! If any of you do look into this please let me know! Id love to hear about your results!

Laurie909
08-05-2010, 03:12 AM

You have my deepest sympathy! (NOT>>>LOL)

7sisters
08-05-2010, 08:02 PM
3 men who changed the world were five feet two: Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Ghingiz Khan. To create an illusion of length of body, just always wear waistlines that don't sit on your mid body... instead opt for low waist. If you add bulk to your torso, great! You will look bigger. But just dont get too bulky, you will only look dumpy then. If you are confident, you look nine feet tall. And Ze, you are not short. My dad is your height. And he's very macho: he used to be a boxer:beatup:. and your recent photo is good. So lucky to have such nice hair!

AnonyMouse
08-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Actually, Napoleon was 5'2 in the measurements of his time. Converting that to modern measurements, he'd be 5'6, which was pretty average in his day.

As for me, I'm 5'3, AKA "approaching Mickey Rooney levels of absurdity." I used to get insecure about it more, until I got out and started looking at some bio men. There are plenty of them out there who are 5'5 or shorter and have no trouble presenting. The hormones really do make all the difference.

Oh, and by the way, confidence will NOT make you look nine feet tall, no matter how confident you are. Well, unless it's making everyone around you look ten feet tall...? :lol: What it WILL do is help to reduce the difference between you and the other guys to the few inches it really is.

Kid Flash
08-07-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm 5'5". I really wish I was taller, my dream height is 5'11" but that'll never happen.

7sisters
08-07-2010, 03:34 AM
AnonyMouse hullo.... I didn't mean literally as tall as the other guys. But a confident guy is noticed more than a quiet beanstalk, no??.

Lex
08-07-2010, 04:26 AM
But a confident guy is noticed more than a quiet beanstalk, no??.

I think so. Height is unimportant, personality is the thing people really need.

Adam
08-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I am 5ft 4 and happy with it i mean my grandad was 5ft 3 all his life my brother 5ft so its not like i see it as a problem

Thomas
08-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm 5'5" and for the longest time it really bothered me. Until i got these...

http://www.rivithead.com/product_info.php/cPath/96/products_id/484

now I stand at 5'11" while looking awesome too. :D

Though, I'm lucky because I've always had the goth/punk/whatever style thing going on... so I realize that something like this might not work for other people... but it's a huge confidence boost for sure.

Leo Lane
08-10-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm five-five or five-six and really wish I were taller. In my early teens when I realised I wasn't going to grow as tall as I wanted I got terribly, obsessively upset about it. :sad:

Kid Flash
08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
As funny as it may sound, I started feeling better about my height yesterday when learning that the average height of ninjas was 5'2". I randomly will be okay with my shorter stature, and then I will get into tangents of being obsessed with growing taller. But it is true that the height does not make the man.

Ze
08-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Holy crap we should all dress up like ninjas. :ph34r: Freak some people out.

4serrus
08-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Trans ninja squad, gooooooooo.

Ze
08-11-2010, 01:45 PM
This is making me want a Captain Planet ring from a cereal box.

Kieron Andrew
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
:doh:

Thornton
08-11-2010, 02:11 PM
I feel like I just barely missed Captain Planet. All I can remember are a couple vague episodes of an awkwardly buff, green haired blue man in spandex :idontknow:

7sisters
08-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Thomas :) those are some shoes! Luv them! You and NiCo have a very cool wardrobe!

Bree-asaurus
08-12-2010, 02:27 AM
If ever there is a doctor that can figure out how to do it... I would like to offer segments of my shin-bones for any of you guys who would like a couple more inches! :daydreaming:

Leo Lane
08-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Captain Planet! I used to pretend to be him when I was little! :)

Lex
08-16-2010, 04:26 AM
Aaaaaah, Captain Planet. :D So good! Although that kid with the monkey, what a dweeb. :P

Ze
08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Aaaaaah, Captain Planet. :D So good! Although that kid with the monkey, what a dweeb. :P

They had to add an extra element in attempts to keep it more racially inclusive. :doh: NOT the proper way to go about that.

AnonyMouse
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
I didn't see Captain Planet at all until a few months ago, when I watched the pilot episode with my sister. I don't even remember exactly what happened, just that it was very dated and cheesy.

On the other hand, if you had the good fortune of watching Beetlejuice, you can find episodes online and it's still brilliant.

@Bree - Need to check blood types first.

Angel21
08-16-2010, 02:14 PM
am 4ft 11"

WalT
08-20-2010, 02:58 AM
I am 5'2" and have ceased to give a rat's ass. It's not gunna change. Of course, it makes me feel better knowing all the men on my mother's side off the family were under 5'5", most around 5'2".

JesseThirteen
08-25-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm 5'9" as well. I'm taller than my female roommates but shorter than most of my male friends. I'm also taller than my older brother, sooo... I don't really notice much, I've always sort of been tall. :)

AnonyMouse
08-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I've gotten some flack from my sister about my height in the past. Crazy woman.

Her: "How are you gonna pass? You're short!"
Me: "...Dustin Hoffman."
Her: "But he's... uh... y'know..."
Me: "Testosterone. It does wonders."

:straightface: She is really clueless sometimes.

Kieron Andrew
08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
I've gotten some flack from my sister about my height in the past. Crazy woman.

Her: "How are you gonna pass? You're short!"
Me: "...Dustin Hoffman."
Her: "But he's... uh... y'know..."
Me: "Testosterone. It does wonders."

:straightface: She is really clueless sometimes.

Brilliant ive used Danny Devito in place of hoffman in a similar conversation before now :D

Ze
08-25-2010, 03:57 PM
I use Seth Green.

NathalieX66
08-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd share this story with you:
Today I was a the grocery store, and I saw a rather svelte and attractive twentysomething woman at the deli counter in front of me who was about 6'6" or 6'7" or more. Even the person behind the deli counter whispered something to me about this poor woman's height (albeit a bit rudely).

I am born male, and even at 5'6", I felt really belittled standing behind this woman.

7sisters
08-26-2010, 12:02 AM
imagine if we were all the same height. maybe in the future when they genetically engineer humans, the govt will issue a notice that says, everyone has to be of the same height. Like in the court scene in Alice in Wonderland.

WalT
08-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd share this story with you:
Today I was a the grocery store, and I saw a rather svelte and attractive twentysomething woman at the deli counter in front of me who was about 6'6" or 6'7" or more. Even the person behind the deli counter whispered something to me about this poor woman's height (albeit a bit rudely).Aww, that's sad. It's amazing how people can be rude about seemingly trivial things such as height.

TBH height doesn't matter much to me, although because of my ex I tend to get pretty wary around very tall men (talking 6'8"+ here). I feel terrible about admitting this but that fear occurs only if it's a white male ('cause, well, I'm sure you can figure out). :X It's mostly because I go into "OH SHIT IT'S HIM" mode.

patricia 402
08-27-2010, 09:06 PM
well im 6ft and i dont own any shoes yet, but i think i would look silly in heels(but i still want some real bad) for what its worth.:battingeyelashes:

Ze
08-28-2010, 09:26 AM
I feel terrible about admitting this but that fear occurs only if it's a white male ('cause, well, I'm sure you can figure out). :X It's mostly because I go into "OH SHIT IT'S HIM" mode.

Don't beat yourself up about this, dude. I won't name the characteristics here, but I actually still do this same thing with certain strangers I come across.

AnonyMouse
08-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Brilliant ive used Danny Devito in place of hoffman in a similar conversation before now :D

I use Seth Green.

Gee... the big guy uses Danny DeVito and the little guy uses Seth Green. I think I see a pattern emerging. Except I totally do not resemble Dustin Hoffman. I'd use Mickey Rooney as my example, but he has a terrible case of Short Man Syndrome, so he's not really my first pick for a role model.

ANYWAY...

Who wants to help build a list of short men that we can present to our clueless relatives when they bring up this silly question? So far I'm up to four!

Kieron Andrew
08-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Gee... the big guy uses Danny DeVito

at 4 ft 8 i'd hardly call myself the big man :p

AnonyMouse
08-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, y'know, I meant, uh... *cough* horizontally...

Ze
08-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Who wants to help build a list of short men that we can present to our clueless relatives when they bring up this silly question? So far I'm up to four!

I've actually been working on this. :) I'll have to remember the others.

Tom Cruise and David Spade are two more off the top of my head.

AnonyMouse
08-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Those guys are a bit tall for my list. In my experience, guys that height land in the "androgynous zone" (huh... sounds like another kind of zone) where if you're a dude, it's acceptable to be that height - at least unless you date women taller than you, in which case you get mocked by RoflRazzi.

Yeah, I know, I'm picky. :P It's not me, it's my sister. "Well, he's, like, 5'6, so that doesn't really count!" IT SO DOES.

Kid Flash
08-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Michael J. Fox is 5'4 1/2". :)

Fraye
09-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Back when I was permanently repressed in boy mode, I used to wish I was taller than my 5'10" because I hated being shorter than another guy in the room. Now having been able to embrace my girl mode, I'm always wishing I was just two or three inches shorter so I didn't stick out quite so damn much. It's never perfect.

So....you guys work on your list of short men, we'll work on our list of tall women, and we'll all agree to be happy with the height we are. :D

DeniseNY
09-13-2010, 09:49 PM
I was small my whole life, and ended up 5'3". You get used to what you were given. It was difficult while dating b/c most girls were taller than me and didn't want to be seen with someone shorter than themselves. But you learn to deal with it. Plus, when I started CDing, I suddenly became average - which for me was a huge step up.

You learn the secret after a while - it's the force of your personality that makes you who you are, and not your height.